want to hear Positives in this thread.........

Law_Bee, I agree wholeheartedly with your post and team estimations. I also agree with those serious positives posts about the team and coach/coaches that followed. I wish I could give some keen insigt as some of the posters have. All I know is that I hate, hate, hated, to lose; but I am greatly encouraged at this point about our whole program. I tell you this, I am more confident about playing Auburn than I was last week. (Please no "smart" retorts: just hide and watch).
smile.gif

I thought we played exceptionally hard throughout the game.

Good post LawBee.
We certainly did see some positives last night. I for one am not displeased with our performance or the play calling. Taking all things into consideration, overall we did OK. I would really like to see how our coaching staff grades the players but I doubt that will happen.
Hey, this is a building year. THAT IS IT. We better get used to it because that's all we can do. This is one of those years that will be good for standing back and letting them learn some stuff. We DO have some good days ahead and I am NOT dissatisfied with what we are doing.
Keep it up Bees.

Positives:

1. PJ Daniels is a hard runner and runs hard, although he cannot do it all. Once his runs up the middle is supplemented with some sweeps, he will gain more yardage up the middle. He reminds me a lot of Joe Burns, tough, but a tad slow.

2. Ball did fairly well for a freshman, and proved his status as the starting quarterback. Regardless of his jitters, he still did some good things.

3. Our kickoff and field goal effort was excellent.

4. Jonathan Smith is the real deal and could have scored on several passes had they not been overthrown. He had beaten his man almost every time.

5. It appears we will use the pass to the tight end more this year. Even thought Foschi made some key receptions, I believe George Cooper is more fluid and will break some of those passes for long gainers once he enters the lineup.

6. It appears, we still have good play from the defensive ends.

7. Kenney Scott looks to be very quick. He looked good getting to the punt he blocked.

8. If we did not have any injuries, that would also be a plus.

Father Time

Mr. Burnett did an excellent job in the kicking department.

His kickoffs were generally deep, and his field goal accuracy was excellent.

Good job.

Back