Was at the FSU game today...My thoughts

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
GT played a heck of a game! came out on fire, and really seemed to control the first half of play(with the exception of the interception returned for a TD) I sm tired of everyone STILL getting on AJ's case! He has come a long way since the Marylnd game! With the exception of those two interceptions, played a brilliant game!
The officiating was absolutly HORINDUS! The refs missed AT LEAST two pass interferance calls from what I could tell that would have gone Techs way, and one face mask earlier. They finally called the one for Rino, but to little to late!
there were some Bratty, obnoxtious, FSU fans(Id say about 13 yrs old) behind us, who need someone to really keep them quite. They made FSU fans look really bad! I wanted to tip my hat to the lady behind me for saying something to them, even though it didn't help. NOTE TO ALL: If you go to the Duke game next week, and are going to Athens on the 30th, grab as many of the "Thunder stix" like they had @ the world series games to take to Athens for yourself, and to hand out to tech folks who may not have gotten them. Lets make our corner in Athens really LOUD! GO JACKETS!!

Maybe some people are being too hard on Suggs--though I can't see how--but if you think he played a "brilliant game," I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully disagree. For one thing, it was 3 interceptions, not 2. Maybe the 2 you're thinking about are the one that killed our momentum and directly resulted in an FSU TD and the one that killed the potential game-tying drive.

But it's not even the interceptions specifically that bother me; it's his consistent inability to hit receivers in general. When he heaves a long ball, I can't help but think it's not going to hit a receiver. Not what you want from your starting QB.

Bilbo must be really, really bad.

if you take all the good throws Suggs made today, they are alot higher then the bad ones. Interceptions are bad...yes, but he is a COLLEGE football player for goodness sakes. I think he did great this week, and last week. He was a BIG contribution to the upset last week. If you can do better...go out there, and YOU play QB. Otherwise...cut the kid some slack!

No, I agree with UncleOJ. AJ gets a little too much credit for not being completely incompetent. HE missed several throws when the receivers were open. At least two or three that could have been touchdowns. Turning a blind eye towards these things does not help.

I agree with Uncle. It is sad when we have to say "he is not THAT bad". I mean, really. He never looks great to me. His passes take forever to get to receiver. Long downfield passes are just thrown up for grabs! Receivers have to come back for ball. I feel sorry for him cause I think he is out of his league, and coaches are putting him in position to fail knowing his tendencies.

Like someone said, DB must be really bad. If he cannot grasp offense by now, whoa, Nellie!

Originally posted by Ramblinwreck4Life:
if you take all the good throws Suggs made today, they are alot higher then the bad ones. Interceptions are bad...yes, but he is a COLLEGE football player for goodness sakes. I think he did great this week, and last week. He was a BIG contribution to the upset last week. If you can do better...go out there, and YOU play QB. Otherwise...cut the kid some slack!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Unfortunately, having more good throws than bad ones doesn't necessarily win the game. The COLLEGE game is still a game to be won.

I really believe uncle does not think he can do a better job ,and not being able to perform as well as someone who was recruited to perform well does not constitute a prohibition on recognizing performance problems.

You seriously can NOT say those were ALL A.J's fault. He may have overthrown a few, I admit, but just as many times, if not more, recivers just dropped them. Terrence Edwards came to BDSGF today and played for us insted of the puppies!

I was there and I saw alot of overthrows, too many for goodness sakes. Remember last week the winning score was Clinkscales 22 yard run. AJ still has not been able to hit a clutch, gameturning TD pass. I admire his heart out there,its his accuracy and his reads that are a problem.

I can't beleive what im hearing! All you were probably the same "Boo Birds" a couple of weeks ago. I am leaveing it with this message. I am ashamed to call ya'll GT fans! A TRUE fan stands behind their team week in, and week out. I GARANTEE if we had won that game, every single one of you would be kissing AJ's feet...calling him the greatest QB! Im tired of the constant gripeing...cut the kid some slack, or start pulling for the puppies...they whine and gripe anyway...

I don't know a nice way to put it but AJ's mind seems to freeze when the pressure is on. On his first interception that was run back for a touchdown his receiver was double coverred and he threw the little short,flat pass directly to the defender that was standing on the FSU's 18 yard line and AJ could have tackled him but instead
just gently put his arms around him and slid off and the DB took it to the house. On other occasions when we had the ball inside the FSU's 10
yard line he had receivers open and threw into the ground twice and overthrew on one occasion and threw an interception at the end of the game. Still, on the next to last possession we had the ball on the FSU 33 yard line 4th and thirteen and Glover was open well past the first down marker but as you all know AJ threw it short and Glover
had to come back toward the LOS to catch the ball on the 21 yard line which was one yard short of the first down marker so he pissed away another
chance to keep the drive going. This is a trend with AJ as testified by the number of field goal we have kicked lately, which I believe totals nine in the last three and a half games. Against Maryland we had first and goal twice from the two yard line and had to settle for field goals. The only TD we got against Maryland was the one engineered by Bilbo and the kid hasn't been on the field since. Something is definitely amiss.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't believe we call ourselves fans of the same team. I just got back from Atlanta a few minutes ago expecting to read how we fought really hard and lost a tough one. Instead, I see you cowards taking shots at the young man responsible for 400 yards of offense (executed the option to perfection and ran very well when his number was called and did not fumble) against FSU and only 1 week after engineering that amazing drive to tie the NC State game. Shame on all of you....absolutely disgusting.

Originally posted by captainG:
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't believe we call ourselves fans of the same team. I just got back from Atlanta a few minutes ago expecting to read how we fought really hard and lost a tough one. Instead, I see you cowards taking shots at the young man responsible for 400 yards of offense (executed the option to perfection and ran very well when his number was called and did not fumble) against FSU and only 1 week after engineering that amazing drive to tie the NC State game. Shame on all of you....absolutely disgusting.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Let the apologists for AJ understand this: for the most part we pushed FSU all over the Flats yesterday. Yes AJ did not fumble but the INTS are just the same. Its still turnovers. And can you find any other reason why we lost yesterday? I am not saying AJ is not a fine young man. The coaches are responsible for placing AJ in this situation which could bring the coaches down just as it did with Donnan with Quincy. Just my opionion.

Donnan and Quincy..
Those are my favorite words ..along with Sanks

Words i don't like..Lewis, J_Clark, Suggs
pat.gif

Boy, am I slow! It just hit me, "Jasper---Thanks!". Unique handle, we will forever be grateful for Jasper's fumble.

Capitan...I hope your not directing your post towards me! In case you didn't notice...Im the only one DEFENDING AJ here, other then yourself...I said farther up im asshamed as well as you! When we beat NCSU...no one had problams with Suggs....when we beat UVA...no one had problams. they concentrate on the BAD things he does insted of BOTH! and I garuntee you...when we beat the puppies...all the AJ basehers will run and hide, or start praiseing him! Im a Jacket till the end, and I support every young man out there wearing the blue and gold!! GO JACKETS!! Good game tonight Hoops Jackets by the way!

When you are the QB of a Fball team you WILL get the glory and blame for the win/loss.In this case deserved.AJ played well.Just not well enough.
--if you are the QB and you throw a sideline interception,YOU are the one to stop the runback.AJ should have grabbed the facemask of the guy to stop him.
---that seris of passes at the south endzone was pathetic,AJ or coaching was hurting!
--- we were just desperate at the end,and didn't get it done
The defense gave up just 14 pts for goodness sake.You got to score 15 pts in a game OR LOSE!

Cap'tG/rw4Life...I hope you are both young men, because thats the time to learn one of the great lessons of life...If you accept Mediocrity, you will get Mediocrity.

hey Jeb

I hope you realize that Gettysburg was ALL your fault !! (for not being there - rather you decided to chase your FIL around ! )

Sorry - couldn't resist

Jeb-

I am in fact a young man(23). It is time you learned something that my parents taught me when I was 5...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
grin.gif

-RW4L

Back