Was at the FSU game today...My thoughts

Jeb....I am a relatively young man that manages people and problems everyday. I in fact "manage to expectations" in case you are familiar with that termonology. When mistakes are made, however, I do not ridicule the person, I do not call for their resignation, I do not go to HR and demand an unpaid leave of absence for them. I try to develop them without hurting their confidence or self esteem. They always respond well and I build trust and loyalty in my people this way. Any of you out there that are responsible for a department's performance will understand what I am talking about. The rest of you will not. And yes, I played football all my life and was recruited heavily by DII and D1AA schools prior to my career ending injury late in my senior season. Confidence on the playing field is no different than confidence in the office. If an entity (fans) destroys that important element in a QB or coach, you erode the foundation of trust, loyalty and the desire to perform for that entity. Anyone who thinks differently does not understand basic human instincts/needs/desires and clearly was a lousy manager at the office (if they ever got that far).

CAPTAIN,
I assumed that you managed people, you are after all a TECH man. However, I have a question for you. If you have an employee that you have encouraged, built his self esteem and he professes a great loyalty to you and yet he continues to perform at a sub-par level, do you keep him in that position forever or do you shift his workload to an individual with greater potential?

Okay well let's see. I went back, read my posts...all I see are posts 1)Sticking up for AJ 2)talking about the basketball game, and how im a "loud and proud fan" and 3) talking about calling Coach K "ratBoy". That is all. The only one that may not be considered " not saying something nice..." would be the "RatBoy" one, but thats all in competitiveness. while others that im upset about...degrate AJ, and im sure your one of those fans that boo him. maybe you should re- think your posts next time before posting.

-RW4L

P.s. ...And a post talking about the whole FSU/coke bottle/ football conspricy.

Firstly, when I discussed my management responsibilities it was not an attempt to talk down to anyone. I am sure many on this board are managers as well and those that are not may not aspire to be one in the first place. That being said I will now answer your question. Under the scenario you just gave, the employee would have his responsibilities adjusted IF, and only IF, the mistakes were EGREGIOUS and HE DID NOT SHOW IMPROVEMENT OVER TIME. Time in this case is defined as at least 1 year (or in football terms, 1 season). You can argue a lot of things on this board but you can not argue the improvemnt in AJ's playmaking, CG's decision making, CG's ability to motivate, and the team's desire to win. JH did not have an auspicious start at Tech and was told he would be benched if he did not start improving his decision making. RF was not sure about Godsey until the FSU game his first year. I could go on but I can see I am not making progress here. I fight the good fight though because that is the way my dad taught me.

ahsoisee....I must have hit a nerve because you clearly did not see my post last night clarifying the previous post you went off on. You must have been ranting for a long time trying to compose that spiteful novel. I will not defend my ideals, accomplishments or aspirations to you but I take exception to your drawn conclusion that I do not know how important every human being is to the success of the organization. This understanding is paramount to anyone that wishes to succeed which is why I have argued against your 1920's motivation philosophy of Tech football players / staff the past few weeks. Whatever I am supposed to learn from here on out will happen as naturally as what I have learned up to now. And please consider this: I do realize that I must grow daily to develop myself to my potential but as I read your posts, all I see is someone that thinks they have learned it all. The sad part is, once you feel that way, you slowly die.

Ah so is just a Conservative version of Beware. He uses the Bible like a stone to break it over your head.

We all would be a lot better off if we used the Bible as our Guide. You do have problems.

Okay...wow ahsoisee. You have got to simmer down. I don't know what your deal is! I am purely posting for the fact of discussion with fellow Jacket fans. were not in school, there is NO need for you to break down EVERY single one of my posts. You seem like you have WAY to much time on your hands. I am ashamed to be considered a part of the same group of all of you that BOO AJ, for his lack of play to your standards. I am simply a TRUE fan, and im just sticking up for him. Not at all were they meant to be negitave in anyway, and if they were to everyone I posted to I am sorry.
I know two wrongs dont make a right...but Jeb started it. Why are you defending him all of a sudden? Second, that post was in no shape or form intended for you, maybe we need to do something else "Don't stick your nose in others buissneess" that is all. I may have been a hypicrate just trying to make a joke, but there was no need for you to put your 2 cents in, when I wasent talking to you. As for the coach K thing, Puke fans are the WORST at being obnoxtious in the world. I dont think Coach K will lose sleep over college students makeing fun of his apearance. Thank you. and again, sorry for all I offended.

-RW4L

Originally posted by Big Buck:
We all would be a lot better off if we used the Bible as our Guide.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Big Buck:
We all would be a lot better off if we used the Bible as our Guide.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I too believe one should use the Bible as his guide. In fact I try to every day of my life.
However I do not believe one should use it like pile of stones to throw out every time you disagree with something somebody post. That’s what the Pharisees did.

Add that to the way some of you “CHRISTIANS” act every time a COLLEGE KID does not play up to your standards it is ridiculous.

I think this is a long drawn out bickering(that I admit, I may have started) but It needs to stop.
Im sure my last few posts have been ugly. If they have, I am sorry. Especilly to you "A". When it all comes down to it, and we all sign off the computer, and get in our beds, or go about our daily lives. We are still ALL fans of the GREATEST college in Georgia! and here we are bickering with fellow Jackets!
I am again sorry to everyone I offended. Please lets stop this.
One minor footnote, then i'll stop. I was at the Wake(up) game as I now call it. Their were TONS of Fans Booing AJ. Maybe it wasen't you "A" in fact if you say it wasen't I beleive you. But I know it was there, I heard it with my own ears. No matter the outcome of the Puke, or UGAg games. let's all be loud and proud and be DA** proud to be a Yellow Jacket!! I know I am!

-RW4L

Back