We are 8th toughest opponent for UT

I would put you guys in the same category as Florida and UGA. I would say Bama and LSU 1&2. You guys are probably interchangeable 3-6.

I think we will be your 2nd or 3rd toughest game, with Clemson being the toughest.
I'd say the same with you guys and Georgia. I'm thinking Miami might be the second best team we play this year.

I would put you guys in the same category as Florida and UGA. I would say Bama and LSU 1&2. You guys are probably interchangeable 3-6.

I think we will be your 2nd or 3rd toughest game, with Clemson being the toughest.

Think you meant 3-5.

For us, Tenn is 4th toughest at best. Clemson, Miami and the mutts are all higher and I would typically put vpi above you but you beat them last year and both teams lost a lot. North Carolina and Pitt both lost a lot which is why I have you over them but they've owned us lately.

On your schedule I'd say we'd be 4th behind LSU, Bama and Florida. Georgia has way more talent but we have a weird offense your team is seeing for the first time

Think you meant 3-5.

For us, Tenn is 4th toughest at best. Clemson, Miami and the mutts are all higher and I would typically put vpi above you but you beat them last year and both teams lost a lot. North Carolina and Pitt both lost a lot which is why I have you over them but they've owned us lately.

On your schedule I'd say we'd be 4th behind LSU, Bama and Florida. Georgia has way more talent but we have a weird offense your team is seeing for the first time

I said 3-6 because UK is trending up. I know you beat them in the bowl game, but I think they are a decent squad.
I'm not sold on Miami just yet. I'm not getting all the love for VPI either. They lost a good amount of offense. UGA has great skill guys, but their offensive line is very questionable. Florida is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea what to expect from them. I think the SEC East and the Coastal are very similar. There's no one that's elite, but some good teams that can create some havoc.

I actually agree with the Vol on pretty much all of that. I'll just say the ACC has done pretty dang well against the SEC East lately, and it's kind of insane to put all those teams ahead of Tech in that light. I make Tech a very slight favorite in this one, though the loss of Mills is worrisome. Opening games are determined by turnovers. Take the under on the over-under. Defenses dominate.

I actually agree with the Vol on pretty much all of that. I'll just say the ACC has done pretty dang well against the SEC East lately, and it's kind of insane to put all those teams ahead of Tech in that light. I make Tech a very slight favorite in this one, though the loss of Mills is worrisome. Opening games are determined by turnovers. Take the under on the over-under. Defenses dominate.

The ACC has definitely had their share of success against the SEC recently. Obviously Clemson beat 3 SEC teams last season, you guys beat 3 SEC teams last year, FSU currently has Florida's # (can't wait for that Saturday night Bama tilt), UGA beat UNC, we beat VPI pretty good. I would say that the SEC West, B1G Ten East and the ACC Atlantic are the best divisions in football right now.

Miami's issue has always been coaching and since they hired richt I finally expect them to get over that hump. They'll never be "back" like they were in the 80's because everyone recruits Florida including Dade and the surrounding area, but I expect them to be a more consistent 10 win team like what he was at georgia. I fully expect georgia to continue in mediocrity under smart and stay around 8-9 wins. His calling card is supposed to be recruiting but you could recruit a top 10 class at georgia with a card board cut out of Wally Butts as coach. They made a poor hire, and given their impatience I expect them to can him within 5 years unless he gets an awesome staff before then ala Clemson.

If Clemson is #1, and Tennessee is #3, did you rank Tennessee above FSU or Alabama?

If Clemson is #1, and Tennessee is #3, did you rank Tennessee above FSU or Alabama?

The only way you play either team is in Charlotte. Either for the ACC title or in the Belk Bowl. I think both are unlikely.

The only way you play either team is in Charlotte. Either for the ACC title or in the Belk Bowl. I think both are unlikely.

We're one of three coastal teams that's ever done it, and we've been three times with our current coach. Not as unlikely as you think, and that's just coastal chaos magic at work. We even went to the ACCCG at 6-6 once. You don't have to be particularly good to get there. :lol:

Uh oh ... :scared:

I said 3-6 because UK is trending up. I know you beat them in the bowl game, but I think they are a decent squad.
I'm not sold on Miami just yet. I'm not getting all the love for VPI either. They lost a good amount of offense. UGA has great skill guys, but their offensive line is very questionable. Florida is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea what to expect from them. I think the SEC East and the Coastal are very similar. There's no one that's elite, but some good teams that can create some havoc.
Vpi has had 12 10 win seasons in the last 20 years (6 in the last 10), has had good coaching stability (kept a good DC through a hc change), and even on down years has been tough.

There's also good mutual respect with them since something like 7 of the last 10 were within a single score.

Miami's issue has always been coaching and since they hired richt I finally expect them to get over that hump. They'll never be "back" like they were in the 80's because everyone recruits Florida including Dade and the surrounding area, but I expect them to be a more consistent 10 win team like what he was at georgia. I fully expect georgia to continue in mediocrity under smart and stay around 8-9 wins. His calling card is supposed to be recruiting but you could recruit a top 10 class at georgia with a card board cut out of Wally Butts as coach. They made a poor hire, and given their impatience I expect them to can him within 5 years unless he gets an awesome staff before then ala Clemson.

Lol Smart won't be around that long if we beat him in Atlanta this year.

Back