We are irrelevant... again

our own (and I mean Ga taxpayers) school is constantly despised within its own borders
GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Why do you think that is? I think by and large we are seen as a bunch of condescending, know-it-alls. I wouldnt like us either. The only way to get involved with GT for a large majority of the state is through the athletic program and when you are always second fiddle in the land where football in king, you get what we get as far as common perception

Why do you think that is? I think by and large we are seen as a bunch of condescending, know-it-alls. I wouldnt like us either. The only way to get involved with GT for a large majority of the state is through the athletic program and when you are always second fiddle in the land where football in king, you get what we get as far as common perception

Who cares what a bunch of back woods, inbred, ------ rednecks think?

:biggrin:

Maybe that's why they don't like us

:wink:

We need to raise admissions standards immediately.
- Our kick returner will be smart enough to not give himself a safety.
- Our QB will be smart enough to not make a desperation throw in OT.
- Our defense will actually want to get off the field so they can go study.

Georgia Tech football always has been and always will be relevant. 4 National Championships, numerous conference championships, Hall of Fame coaches and scores of All Americans make Georgia Tech relevant.

Just because you got your butt hurt because we lost to Miami in overtime does not make Georgia Tech football irrelevant. You can go back to watching ESPN now so they can inform you as to who is relevant and you can swallow another big bowl of their bull ----!

Get your self together or find another team to root for.

Go Jackets!

Georgia Tech football always has been and always will be relevant. 4 National Championships, numerous conference championships, Hall of Fame coaches and scores of All Americans make Georgia Tech relevant.

Just because you got your butt hurt because we lost to Miami in overtime does not make Georgia Tech football irrelevant. You can go back to watching ESPN now so they can inform you as to who is relevant and you can swallow another big bowl of their bull ----!

Go Jackets!
This.
No offense, but GT is NOT irrelevant. I'm also a Baylor fan/alum, and Baylor before RG3 is what you call irrelevant. THAT'S the standard, and GT does not meet it.

I'm not saying we're the most cared about team out there or that we're one of the elite names out there, but people still pay attention to us on a national scale. People are still interested if nothing else to see the Georgia Tech score in football games. We've had a couple of bad losses this year, but that doesn't erase all the history this school has.

You might be right Flunkout, but when our own (and I mean Ga taxpayers) school is constantly despised within its own borders, you have to wonder....

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Byte back, you are correct. not everyone can see what is happening in front of them. e are talking about the survival of tech in state and for a state that enjoys its football, it doesn't hurt to win a few games against your dominant competitor. But we are too stupid to know how to compete quite frankly.

Go Jackets!
Hey Jer,the football is not irrelevant but the unis.....................are.We need to win big and keep winning or we become:naughty::naughty::naughty: Duke or Md.

Byte back, you are correct. not everyone can see what is happening in front of them. e are talking about the survival of tech in state and for a state that enjoys its football, it doesn't hurt to win a few games against your dominant competitor. But we are too stupid to know how to compete quite frankly.

So you are saying the health of GT as an academic institution depends on our football team beating UGA? Is the Harvard Yale game as important? How is MIT's football team this year? Did Stanford have any academic success before Harbaugh? Get over it--it's a ----ing GAME.

Go Jackets!

BaghdadBob.jpg

If we aren't serious about football, why are we paying a guy $2.6 million to coach it? Why not hire Pat Nix as head coach for $5 and spend the rest on weed?

If we aren't serious about football, why are we paying a guy $2.6 million to coach it? Why not hire Pat Nix as head coach for $5 and spend the rest on weed?

Wonder if any school pays its HC as much per win as we do?

And what evidence, other than your opinion do you have that this is true? There is at least some evidence that other head coaches, like Ross or O'Leary, could do as well.

And both those head coaches left us for greener pastures when given the chance...

Wonder if any school pays its HC as much per win as we do?

Jim Grobe gets just $250,000 less than CPJ per year. He's been at WF since 2001 and has fielded one good team and two okay teams among a bunch of 3-9 to 5-7 teams.

Edsall gets 2.2 million, wow.

Jim Grobe gets just $250,000 less than CPJ per year. He's been at WF since 2001 and has fielded one good team and two okay teams among a bunch of 3-9 to 5-7 teams.

Edsall gets 2.2 million, wow.

I was going to bring up Grobe, but didn't want to have to beat away the, "JIM GROBE IS THE GREATEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF ACC!!1!!" fanbois away.

kudos to you for having the courage I didn't. (in more than one way I suppose vet :biggthumpup:)

Other schools have this same issue across the country, and take losing season after losing season and still show up to support the team. A lot of this is fan base. I have many friends who are not Tech fans who all state the same thing. According to them, Tech fans are pretentious, cocky, arrogant, better than you attitudes. If that is the majority of the opinions about Tech, what do you think the recruits are hearing? Other potential coaches? Sidewalk fan base? Have you been to a game recently? The atmosphere is not the same as it was in the late 90's when O'Leary was here. Back then it was exciting, People participated, Stadium was packed. When the fight song was played you heard the entire song being sung by the fan base, not just a muffled "To hell with Georgia" I cant tell you how many people have told me to sit down or be quiet at games. IT"S A FOOTBALL GAME! not a tennis match. Our fan base sucks as much as The Braves, The falcons, the hawks... nobody cares unless we are winning... and that is pathetic. No pride in the team no pride in the city. We have to change a lot of perspectives about Tech, we need to get good players in the school, we need to have coaching with some passion. I like CPJ, but the guy acts like he rather be anywhere else. I'm sure he is taking some shots on the chin form the alumni, and that has to break you down. We all need to suck it up. We dont get the respect that we deserve.. I get it, but we have done ZERO to change the analysts opinions of who and what we are. Until we do, we will continue to be a middle of the road ACC team, like we have been percieved for god knows how long.

Once, a long time ago there was serious talk about creating an athletic management program at Tech. I think that would have been a great program delivery and not a big deviation from the management program that most athletes enroll in. I feel there is a need for a new program that would appeal to athletes in general. Consider dropping the calculus and physics requirements and there you go; the door is open to some great carrer athletes. I think the O'Leary was pushing this idea.
CPJ is a great coach and a good man, he just needs a little more talent. In the college game one or two NFL type players can make a difference, the Coleman Rudolph, Derrick Morgans or Keith Brooking type.

Back