We pulled the scholly for Everson!?????

AlaGold said:
I made a comment a long time back about (1)our ability to hold onto all of our commits and (2)also fantasizing about their use next yr and was slamed like a punching bag for "suggesting" such a thing ,that we might lose anybody. well, DUH!Reality bites.

Yeah, we lost one. Which will also give us an opportunity to give two more ships instead of one.

That's way I look at Reality.

Honestly, we don't know how this recruiting class is going to turn out until years down the road.

GO JACKETS!!!

GTTerrific said:
Yeah, we lost one. Which will also give us an opportunity to give two more ships instead of one.

That's way I look at Reality.

Honestly, we don't know how this recruiting class is going to turn out until years down the road.

GO JACKETS!!!

Of course...I take it one step further. We did not "lose one". In this case, he lost the opportunity to come to Georgia Tech. ;)

Hallelujah!!!!

I don't know the real reason as I no longer have access to the Premuim Board on the Hive.

However, I didn't likethis recruit and his dad the whole time. If he is what others said he was, then he might have been worth a risk. but he was an arrogant, exaggerating head case who never talked but let his dad talk for him.

BTW, many on the Hive loved the guy and now have to find a reason to blame him. If he was great three months ago, he's still great.

GTYellowJacket12 said:
What a shame this was the fastest kid in Michigan, I would like to see to how much disinterest he really had or if there was another factor that caused the staff to pull the scholly. Hate to lose our fastest recruit, speed is a great equalizer.

He wasn't as fast as others in this class. His reported times weren't real. I'll take Morgan Burnett over him any day, any time, and minute. MB will be in the NFL. CE will be in Detroit like his dad.

remember "pacman," if a kid won't let you do an inhome I think you may have a problem.

In the past we had ships to burn so we could leave it out there. This is a good problem to have where your supply is larger than capacity.

If we can use the ship somewhere else it will be for the best.

Whew. Yeah. I'll say it again, because I still can't get over it ...

...when was the last time we were able to ditch out on a 4* recruit and the fans didn't totally freak out about it? I don't recall.

beej67 said:
Whew. Yeah. I'll say it again, because I still can't get over it ...

...when was the last time we were able to ditch out on a 4* recruit and the fans didn't totally freak out about it? I don't recall.
Depending on whose story you believe, Carlos Thomas.

hiveredtech said:
Of course...I take it one step further. We did not "lose one". In this case, he lost the opportunity to come to Georgia Tech. ;)

That's a more accurate way of stating it.

I hope he works things out, get's a great education somewhere, and has a great career!

:biggthumpup:

Terrific,
My point originally is that with a high profile class you are are going to get a commenuserate increase in pressure.Some will flip over for WHATEVER reason.Hell,we've had a flipover every year without the high level so why wouldn't happen now.
Didn't hurt as much because for some reason we had a huge # of DBs this yr.If we don't get Peters I sure hope we have a BIG DT as a backup.

HiveredTech,
Do you know if we have any other DTs as a backup to Peters ,if he passes?

AlaGold said:
HiveredTech,
Do you know if we have any other DTs as a backup to Peters ,if he passes?

None that I have been told. Peters and Lewis are it...and we look about 70% with both. We want to sign the full 25 next year...and maybe even take one or two as early enrollees to count toward this year if we are under 79 in the fall.

Apparently the AJC might have been a little rash with their article. The issue is that Everson needs two foreign language credits in order to meet GT's requirements and he only has one credit with only a semester to go w/ school. Therefore he is asking GT for an exception that is the situation.

According to Rivals we have not pulled his offer yet. So I would say he isn't lost yet but there is a good chance he might be gone. Who in the hell knows how the AJC pulls these bogus stories out of their Left-Wing asses?

TechGator1066 said:
Apparently the AJC might have been a little rash with their article. The issue is that Everson needs two foreign language credits in order to meet GT's requirements and he only has one credit with only a semester to go w/ school. Therefore he is asking GT for an exception that is the situation.

According to Rivals we have not pulled his offer yet. So I would say he isn't lost yet but there is a good chance he might be gone. Who in the hell knows how the AJC pulls these bogus stories out of their Left-Wing asses?

since you have opened the door...I will walk through. This premium board Rivals update stated he had to have 2 years of foreign language...he only had one and knew he had to do it his senior year. He did not take it anyway this fall because he just did not want to (not very GT of him btw). So...he would have to double up this semester which he does not want to do (again...not very GT of him).

He already asked for the exception...the coaches ran it up the flagpole...it was denied.

To top it off...the Eversons have not been honest during the recruitment process...quite evasive.

Thanks for the truth...

Thanks for posting more info. I knew that there had to be something more to the story. He probably was avoiding calls, but there was a reason - and it seems that he just didn't want to have that conversation. Not sure there is any way he could still make it since this semester has already started. Any way he could take classes over the summer to make up for it and still get in?

I guess if he is really serious about wanting to be at GT he will take the courses over the summer or he will go somewhere that doesn't require them.

I thought that in order to graduate from HS on the college prep track that you had to take 2 years of a foreign language (or at least in GA).

JTS said:
I guess if he is really serious about wanting to be at GT he will take the courses over the summer or he will go somewhere that doesn't require them.

I thought that in order to graduate from HS on the college prep track that you had to take 2 years of a foreign language (or at least in GA).
When I graduated in 05, I only had to have 1 year of foreign language.

If he wanted to come to Tech then he could take a foreign language now and then this summer or maybe during evening classes.

Or he could come in next winter by getting it done.

Otherwise, it sounds to me that he is just looking for the excuse to get out of Tech. I wish him the best either way.

midatlantech said:
Otherwise, it sounds to me that he is just looking for the excuse to get out of Tech. I wish him the best either way.

I wish him the best too, but am happy that we did not try to force the issue. It sounds as if he and his dad may have been a problem.

Back