"We will not lose another game"

G

Geetee

Even Chan laughed at and even supported Ball's comments. Gailey, this ain't the NFL. Smack talk and idiotic comments are not welcome.

Gailey, you've won ONE game in the past six. Yet, you allow comments like that from your players. Nice coaching.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
Even Chan laughed at even supported Ball's comments. Gailey, this ain't the NFL. Smack talk and idiotic comments are not welcome.

Gailey, you've won ONE game in the past six. Yet, you allow comments like that from your players. Nice coaching.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe he waited 55 years to have a team with this athleticism?

maybe you think it is easy to trash gailey but I watched clemson destroy our offense 1 year before gailey got here.

It was a bad loss but get over it. We have played 4 games- 2 well played 1 below average and 1 horrible.

There are still many positives. Just be patient. If Gailey can't get the job done there will be plenty of time for you to rail on him.

After the NC State game we will know more of the story.

Because if we win the next two are you gonna eat all these words?

I get tired of the nay sayers coming out after a loss and never showing up after a win.

we've lost three games this year...BYU, FSU, and Clemson. You make take solace in a few moral losses, but moral losses are for losers.

We have only won ONE game this year...and the last loss was a complete BLOWOUT! geez....

I'll rail on Gailey now, thank you.

Originally posted by law_bee:

There are still many positives. Just be patient. If Gailey can't get the job done there will be plenty of time for you to rail on him.

I get tired of the nay sayers coming out after a loss and never showing up after a win.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm with you... I'm sure the players already feel bad enough without us 'Monday Morning Quarterbacks' adding additional fuel to the fire. Agree... patience is the key right now. Ball will mature (both mentally and physically).

yep, let's keep having "patience". We've lost 5 of six games...3 of 4 this year.

At what point does "patience" wear out and you pull your head out of the sand???

GeeTee, do you watch the games or just wait for the score to come across the ESPN ticker?

do I watch the games? yep, I attended the AU and FSU games...I usually sit in the renovated suites. You???

Why folks want to bury their heads here and choose to be "happy" but "GT fans &lt;at least&gt; have class"...is about the lamest post I've read on here. Why not get angry over our performance??? WE JUST GOT COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY EMBARRASSED BY A FELLOW ACC TEAM! All is good because we still have Gailey who has won once in six games, though!

Our competition is improving all around us...and wait until the expanded ACC hits us, too. Yet, we'll choose to be "happy" and take solace in the fact we played FSU close.

Ahh, to accept mediocrity is easy. That is what the majority of our fan base seems to be doing...at least on this board.

Gailey stinks. Moral victories are for losers. Getting absolutely pounded by Clemson is unacceptable.

Now, time for someone to post...we don't need fans like you, Gailey has us on the right track (prove it), etc...

I took my head out of the sand along time ago. You must find it comfortable down there.

Oh, please spare me...
rolleyes.gif

I have no intention of blowing a head gasket over this.

Yep, Gailey was the one who couldn't cover a reciever. Gailey was the one who couldn't run the ball. Gailey was the one who couldn't kick the ball past the twenties on kickoffs and kicked 30 yard punts. Try blaming the players.
rolleyes.gif

ok...I'll blame student athletes vs our million dollar a year head coach whose job it is to have his team mentally and physically prepared for games.

Gailey himself said they were not prepared for Clemson...

By what you are saying, we should sit around and trash Ball and others. You go ahead, I'll blame the coaches for not having a good game plan and having our boys ready to play.

Lawbee: I mean this in all due respect for after all I made need you one day (hope not
wink.gif
. So I just want to say it is obvious you are a lawyer because patience + more time =more money. Unfortunatly for Chan Gailey a ton of badly planned games can't be erased with one sudden revelation or piece of evidence that could suddenly get him off the hook. Pleas for patience for Gailey to me are like a lawyer filing motions requesting delays. More time, more delays equal more money even if the verdict is never in doubt. The verdict on Gailey is not in doubt, he will be gone. Whether it is this year or next or the next. Delaying this outcome will place alot of Tech money in is checking account. I know I am just shooting my mouth off, I am just trying to see why you would want to plead patience for a coach who has no clue on how to put together a high quality staff and a much too high of an opinion of his own ability to run and maintain a high quality offense. In fact his downfall will be his ego. Doubtless it is low profile but his ego as a offensive guru who, instead of looking at prospective and very highly successful offensive coordinators doing current duty at other schools but instead brings in a crony should be the final piece of evidence that this case needs prosecuted after this season.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
yep, let's keep having "patience". We've lost 5 of six games...3 of 4 this year.

At what point does "patience" wear out and you pull your head out of the sand???
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GeeTee:
With all due respect, you're beating yourself to death over an issue that you may not have total control over. I opt to keep the whole thing in perspective. I'm enjoying the season, good tailgating, good friends, etc. I'm looking at the total package... not just the WIN/LOSS column exclusively. Sure it's tough when you're being riduculed by opposing fans (in your own stands) for not filling up your own fan seats. I simply opt to not stoop to their level and dignify their comments. Guess I'm an eternal optimist... but I believe that Tech folks, above anything else, have class! The recent game outcomes appear to have caused some small internal friction on the board between our own Tech brethren, because of differences of opinion on coaching style or desired results. Has nothing to do with having our 'heads in the sand'. I believe we all fully understand what is occurring.

Everyone has the right and option of choosing to be PISSED or choosing to be HAPPY. I choose HAPPY, and to continually look for the bright spots. At the same time, I continue to enjoy my friends and family at the games... which is really what it's all about in the long haul.

Okay GeeTee, please give a couple of examples where Gailey obviously called the wrong play or formation and how it should have been called.

I'm totally pissed about the game too, but it's Monday and we've got Vandy to focus on now.

39-3 blowout

Worst loss to Clemson since 1903

"Obviously, I did not get the team ready to play this week." ... Chan Gailey

Enough said.

Quote:
"I took my head out of the sand along time ago. You must find it comfortable down there."

It's obvious as to where you stuck it after you got it out of the sand.

Sad state of affairs when "fans" start this crap.

Nice post UncleBee.

71, I expect better from you.

GeeTee, can't say the same thing. You haven't posted a single thing of substance since you got here. At least MSTA tries. You just fire off one lined rants. This is not your own personal vent. Try to be productive or we will continue to ignore you.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
Try again GeeTee

What I wanted were actual game examples where you feel Gailey made the wrong decision. This will allow us to have a discussion about FOOTBALL, novel idea, huh?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We decide to take a field goal right before the half, even though we are down 17-0.

Then Tenuta (who was totally clueless in this game)...lets klimpsum go the entire length of the field and negates our field goal by scoring a TD in 30 seconds, to put us down 23-3.

Then we receive the kickoff and have the ball at our 30 yard line or so with 6 seconds left and Gailey promptly TAKES A KNEE!!!!!

What a chickensh!t giveup play. Tennessee had been down 3-0 by Florida with 4 seconds left and threw a hail mary and scored a TD to end the half and give them momentum to win the game.

Whether we would have scored or not is not the point. It is the fact that Gailey has almost single-handedly destroyed offensive football at Tech.

The only thing we have left that is offensive is Gailey's play-calling.

Have I once posted that I was happy about the Clemson game? I'll answer for you: No I haven't. Any positives? Yes, minor ones: Ball's numbers are improving each game, J Smith's 170 on 9 catches. Negatives? Oh yeah, there were a lot of them but from my seat one was the defensive secondary not adjusting to the height disadvantage.

You came on here ranting about how CCG can't coach and I was wondering what you were basing it on. Surely there has to be plays that stand out in your mind as one's you griped about to the people around you at the game.

BeeWare, we rarely agree, but that was a good football post.

Everyone railed on Gailey for not getting points on the the drive against FSU early on and now when he goes for three on fourth down that's bad? At that point, it would have been a 2 TD deficit.

Agree on Tenuta's Def. Reminiscent of the Maryland game a few years ago where they drove on our prevent defense and tied the score.

Don't know what to think about the kneel, but it was worth a shot downfield. Some streak routes and post/post corners and see what happens.

Back