We worked so hard this summer

56Jacket

Flats Noob
" Since you guys worked so hard this summer, you dont have to do the conditioning test"

1 question: if your not working hard what are you doing? Isnt that what you are supposed to do?

That(conditioning) was evident at BYU.

Originally posted by 56Jacket:
" Since you guys worked so hard this summer, you dont have to do the conditioning test"

1 question: if your not working hard what are you doing? Isnt that what you are supposed to do?

That was evident at BYU.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thank god! I was really worried about doing that conditioning test. Thank you for letting me off the hook.

If you are who I think you are, you have a right to take that to Chan.

Of Course also if are who I think you are, you already have.

Why don't you coach? You get it.

I do get it but its too late for me to start coaching.

As for taking it to Chan, he could care less about what I have to say.

We need someone here with GT roots.

Originally posted by 56Jacket:
Techfowl
Sent you a message
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh gimme a break Nate, I usually really respect a lot of things you say because you have a very unique perspective, but limiting the GT coaching job to a guy with GT roots is just dumb. You are really limiting the choices then and not doing GT just service.

It took Ross into his 3rd season to produce a winner. It took O'Leary into his 3rd season to produce a winner. Ok he went 6-5 his REAL first season but he also went 5-6 the next. For a .500 record.

I know you are impartial to O'Leary, but let's face it. Our Defense (except you
) never really was what it should have been under a Defensive minded coach who was previously a Defensive coord under Ross. In fact, after that 98 season, our defense proceeded to suck it up and we had to out score our opponets to win.

Give Chan next year and lets evaluate where we are. I really hate the critics that focus on a small sample size.

[/QUOTE]Oh gimme a break Nate, I usually really respect a lot of things you say because you have a very unique perspective, but limiting the GT coaching job to a guy with GT roots is just dumb. You are really limiting the choices then and not doing GT just service.

It took Ross into his 3rd season to produce a winner. It took O'Leary into his 3rd season to produce a winner. Ok he went 6-5 his REAL first season but he also went 5-6 the next. For a .500 record.

) never really was what it should have been under a Defensive minded coach who was previously a Defensive coord under Ross. In fact, after that 98 season, our defense proceeded to suck it up and we had to out score our opponets to win.

Give Chan next year and lets evaluate where we are. I really hate the critics that focus on a small sample size.[/QB][/QUOTE]

BOR-- I am not here to argue with anyone. This is not a PRO GOL thread. i agree that our defense under GOL was never great.

This thread was about the decision to excuse the players from doing the preseason conditioning test. I am not a coach but I disagree with it.
That test is the 1st "test" the players face as a team. Most people pass it, those who fail expose their weakness to everyone on the team. Whether they didn't work hard enough over the summer or weren't mentally tough enough to finish, their weakness is exposed. I heard some of the older players were actually pissed that they didn't have to do the test.
These are all small things that add up. Based on the way we ended last year, I don't think the players or coaches should be given the benefit of the doubt on anything.
It would have been nice to know the weak links exposed by that test before we went to BYU. It might have made a difference. Maybe not, we'll never know...

As far as "GT roots" not sure what the point is. If it is beeing implied we need a coach who is a "Tech Man" then we can go ahead and cut our own throat. We hired curry over Spurrier. Stupid. dooley went to AU. Darryl Royal went to OU. Where a guy went to college and his ability to bee successful somewhere else are not related.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 56Jacket:
Techfowl
Sent you a message
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh gimme a break Nate, I usually really respect a lot of things you say because you have a very unique perspective, but limiting the GT coaching job to a guy with GT roots is just dumb. You are really limiting the choices then and not doing GT just service.

Give Chan next year and lets evaluate where we are. I really hate the critics that focus on a small sample size.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As Willy Wonka once said, "Wrong Sir, you are wrong..." Go look at our last 5 games. And go look at Ross' 1988 year. Ross was building a winner with a 3-8 season-just look at the scores. I would not even compare a 3-9 season this year to a 3-8 season then. Ross met his scholarship limits, had been a winner at of all places Maryland, and he and his staff were college coaches. My point is again for the umpteenth time Braine has put Gailey in a position of failure, but why should we give anybody the exact same amount of time just because it's the right thing to do? THe right thing to do is to have an AD who can get a fresh look at the end of each season and make that decision. We dont have that therefore the worry is heightened and trust in decision making is low.

I am partial to coaches from past players at the school, but the right coach is not always around when you need them.

Bobby Dodd came to us from Tennessee.

Father Time

Have to disagree on Ross' first 2 years Gnome. I thought those teams, or a lot of guys on them, just flat quit on Ross. We should never have been 2-9 and 3-8 given where Curry had finally gotten the team. To me it just proves the point about how hard transitions can be. Many of Curry's players just didn't like or couldn't play for Ross. We say the results in his first few years. The same thing happened between Ross and Lewis. Fortunately for O'Leary most players seemed to really prefer him to Lewis so we probably didn't have as much turmoil, just didn't have much to build on.

This thread was about the decision to excuse the players from doing the preseason conditioning test
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bottom line - they were sucking wind at BYU and it wasn't the last 2 minutes of the game. Right on Nate.

I would be very surprised if we "win" the second half of any game this yr-counting points or yds gained.We defintely lost to BYU and will be hard pressed on any.If we do ,we WIN.

NcJacket...Your right..

I remember PLAIN AS DAY...How the 1st 2 years that Ross vwas here that he felt Currys players Quit on him..Thats a FACT..I have it taped Pre-Game Comments by Ross before the Nebraska Game...That the players that quit on him and no longer on the team from a couple of years back..Didnt have the opportunity that thses men had (Being 4 years with Ross) to play for a National Championship...

Ross got his 4 to 5 years and Chan will get his...Its a fact that a lot of times (Especially here at GT and history proves that) it takes the new Head Coach 3 to 4 years to get his players here that are 100% sold out to Him and to start having the success that he strives toward....

There's a difference between Ross and Chan, one can coach and one can't! Guess which one!

Mstech..

How do you know that???

You and everyone else negative here would have had to be trasing Riss after those 1st 2 DISASTEROUS YEARS..YES!!!1st 2 DISTASTEROUS YEARS!!!!

If Coach Gailey could coach the Dallas Cowboys to the playoffs in the 2 years he was there...By the way Jerry Jones has said that was a mistake him firing Chan..The Cowboys havent made the playoffs SINCE!!! Then DONT GIVE ME THIS DEAL THAT CHAN CANT COACH...Give us all a break...

You knew i stated the facts concerning players quiting on Ross and the parralell to this team and Chan..So stick to the FACTS....

Back