We worked so hard this summer

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Have to disagree on Ross' first 2 years Gnome. I thought those teams, or a lot of guys on them, just flat quit on Ross. We should never have been 2-9 and 3-8 given where Curry had finally gotten the team. To me it just proves the point about how hard transitions can be. Many of Curry's players just didn't like or couldn't play for Ross. We say the results in his first few years. The same thing happened between Ross and Lewis. Fortunately for O'Leary most players seemed to really prefer him to Lewis so we probably didn't have as much turmoil, just didn't have much to build on.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, Ross was able to redshirt everybody essentially. Had won at DIV 1 level and the assistants had won at Div 1 level. Very disciplined, had Homer Rice who was trusted to back up the Ross plan, even when Ross was questioning it. Look at the individual game scores. That was without a qb and depth. I am not saying everything needs to be the same, cause it isnt. What I am saying is there are no excuses. If we had an AD that we all trusted, it would be a lot easier.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
Bottom line - they were sucking wind at BYU and it wasn't the last 2 minutes of the game. Right on Nate.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bottomer line - they will be sucking wind all season and its because we don't have any depth. Right on, brah.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

If Coach Gailey could coach the Dallas Cowboys to the playoffs in the 2 years he was there...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You mean he made it all the way to the playoffs coaching a team that had Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith??? That sure proves A LOT!!!!!!

chilidog, they have Emmitt and Troy but by then that's about it. The O Line was over the hill and the receiving corp was shot. I mean, Stepfret Williams?

MSTA,
For the record:
Ross as a college coach was 94-76-2.
Gailey is currently 31-17.

Ross as a pro coach was 74-63
Gailey was 18-14.

Ross in his first two season as the Chargers coach was 11-5 1st year and 8-8 the 2nd year.

Gailey in his first year was 10-6 and 8-8 in the second. He was 12-7-1 in the World League so if you want to count that then you can.

Either way, Gailey has a better winning percentage as both a college coach and a pro coach.

As an assistant in Denver, Gailey helped lead the Broncos to 3 super bowl appearances. In 1989 he was their offensive coordinator when they went to the super bowl.

As an assistant in Pittsburg, as a WR coach Pittsburg reached the AFC championship game, and they reached the super bowl. As OC, he went to the AFC championship game.

As the Offensive Coord in Miami he went 11-5 his first year and 11-5 his second year before coming to Tech. Both years Miami went to the playoffs.

Everywhere Gailey's been, he's had success. So your comment that "The difference between Ross and Gailey is one can coach, and one cannot" is completely BOGUS, like everything else you blather on this board

Once again, the facts are stacked against you.

Excuse me...
What's bogus is using Troy State as a barometer for Chan's college level coaching success. He's even said this IS TOTALLY different then Troy State.

I'll take Ross's tenure as a HEAD COACH with his successes over Chan's all the time. Chan's opportunites were less the Ross - I wonder why? You think it could be because more folks who make those decisions - didn't see it?

Maybe there's a REASON why Chan has been an assistant more then he has been a HC ... do you think that's possible? I do! He's better suited to be one of the team - not the leader of the team!

Ross was successful as an HC everywhere he went and NOBODY fired him!

MsTA

come on let's get past the Chan issue and move forward. We will not get anywhere by this continuous rehashing of Chan.

Drop it, lets all come to one accord and focus on beating Auburn!!!!

As Always....TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Excuse me...
What's bogus is using Troy State as a barometer for Chan's college level coaching success. He's even said this IS TOTALLY different then Troy State.

I'll take Ross's tenure as a HEAD COACH with his successes over Chan's all the time. Chan's opportunites were less the Ross - I wonder why? You think it could be because more folks who make those decisions - didn't see it?

Maybe there's a REASON why Chan has been an assistant more then he has been a HC ... do you think that's possible? I do! He's better suited to be one of the team - not the leader of the team!

Ross was successful as an HC everywhere he went and NOBODY fired him!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MSTA, everytime I think you cannot get more stupid, you do.

Ask Detroit fans if they thought Ross was successful? Ask Barry Sanders, argueably the best RB in the history of the NFL, if he thought Ross was a good coach? And you are right, Ross didn;t get fired in Detroit, HE RESIGNED before the season ended. Fans there still blame Sanders early retirement on the fact that Ross was the coach and pissed off the franchise player. And for what it's worth, ROSS had a losing record in Detroit!!

You're logic amazes me. You conveniently ignore facts which hurt your opinion and only use those facts that further your own arguement. Get your head out of the sand.

I don't know why you try to debate things with her, you know exactly what she's going to do. Just let it go.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
I don't know why you try to debate things with her, you know exactly what she's going to do. Just let it go.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Because I'm a glutton for punishment. Some people do the S&M thing and torture themselves willingly. I debate with MSTA. They are very similar. You beat youself up doing both and at the end you're left wondering "what the hell did I do that for"?
pat.gif

BOR, if you get really frustrated, say one or all of the following in your responses:

1) "I know you are, but what am I"
2) "Because I said so"
or
3) just stick your fingers in your ears and say
"lalalalalalalalalalalalalala".

Or,
drinking.gif
and laugh.

Back