Weekend Before Rivalry Week: How DUMB is the ACC?

Not sure Paul wouldn’t still front load the cupcakes if he could. We suck histocally at the beginning of the season.

I grew up in Alabama and now live in Gainesville, neither a hot bed of Tech fans. iiwii
I live less than five miles from Grant Field, and I'm not in a hotbed of Tech fans either. There are no hotbeds of GT fans. [insert Mom joke]

http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/12

Everyone loves Rivalry Weekend. We wait all year to see how well we can compete against historic rivals. It's usually best to have a tune-up game before your big regular season finale, right?

Look at how the SEC is set up this year then compare it to the ACC's scheduling brainfart.

SEC: 100% Cupcake City (very smart)
Bama plays Citadel
Auburn plays Liberty
UGA plays UMASS
South Carolina plays Chattanooga
Kentucky plays MTSU
Florida plays Idaho

ACC: 0% Cupcakes (extremely stooopid)
Clemson plays Duke
Georgia Tech plays Virginia
Virginia Tech plays Miami
Louisville plays NC State
Florida State plays Boston College

One would think the ACC leadership would want to put their best foot forward on rivalry weekend. Is there a reason behind this scheduling stupidity other than stupidity itself?

The reason why the SEC does this is because their fan-bases are primarily composed of stupid idiot deep south in-bred rednecks who will drive 4-5 hours (one-way !!!) to watch their team beat a high school team. So, why not!?!!?!? 40 of the 56 SEC out of conference games are vs. high school teams. Instantaneously renders the entirety of college football a total pathetic joke of biblical proportions. But, we all know this.... durrrrrrr

I want one FCS in the first two games, one open FBS, one rivalry game, and the rest conference games. Don't care what the SEC is doing.

I want one FCS in the first two games, one open FBS, one rivalry game, and the rest conference games. Don't care what the SEC is doing.
Good answer.

Better answer: 1st game all ACC teams play whoever they want (New England Patriots or the local high school team - next 10 games are vs. the ACC - last game vs. out of conference rival or anyone else.

SEC has determined that for the polls and playoff committee, cupcake games don't hurt i terms of SoS. most of their non-conf games are cupcakes

Back