Weekly Report

demjackets

Damn Good Rat
1. Sad to see so much orange at BDS, I think it was around 15-18,000. The crowd was loud though and for the most part the Clemson fans had nothing to cheer about.

2. The QB: Taylor didn't have an outstanding performance from a stats point of view but he did make some nice throws and had 4 big drops that would of made the stats look better, anyway you spin it, hes not playing poorly we aren't throwing much and the receivers need to step up and make some plays. He did have some nice audibles out of plays that ended up being big gains for Tashard.

3. I was surprised to see Dwyer in a limited role, I asked a few people about it this morning after getting many pm's from a lot of you asking if he was injured. He is not, they just thought Tashard was playing one of his best games and wanted him to keep it going. Rashaun also came in and played well. I expect to see more of Jon this week at Maryland.

4. Nesbitt played but not as much as I thought he would of as much as I was lead to believe. They scripted before the game to hopefully give him 3 drives but after he looked so uncomfortable that first drive they decided to shut that idea down. He will get more reps at practice this week and they plan to give him some more time.

5.WR: These guys need to step up, Thomas, Smith, JJ they all need to play better. Earls is still a few weeks away from coming back. Donley will be on the field more this week, we have to find some consistency hopefully he can prove that.

6. We do have a few players playing hurt, not just dinged up but seriously hurt. They want to play and wont take no as an answer. I cannot discuss the specific injuries but one is a LB and the other is an Evans.

7. Cord might of sealed the starting RT spot, should know more later in the week. Dunmon saw some time and maybe closer then some think to supplanting a starter soon.

8. AT Barnes just sealed up the starting LB spot, he looked good out there and its good to see. He's a good kid and has a ton of potential hes been here awhile and never gave up.

9. Mr. Word Daniels, that boy put some licks on some guys Saturday, its good to have him back. Look for him to chase Heyward-Bey around Saturday much like he did with Kelly for Clemson.

10. Morgan Burnett, kid is a stud, he might be our next All-American someday, he is helping out the secondary tremendously.

11. D-Line played a good ball game, stuffing the holes and stopping that great ground attack. Elris had a great game and that is good to see. Good to see Derrick Morgan get some solid time and contribute too.

12. Travis Bell is having a hell of a season.

13. This was a big recruiting weekend. Thompson may actually be deciding this week now I heard. The visit went well and Derrick Moore is our biggest selling point for him and his family. The win over who were up against didn't hurt. Leslie and Munroe had great visits and committed. Cordian Hagans a LSU commit was on hand but we are not pursuing him. Many of the commits were there to help with Thompson. Uzzi and Page were there and I've heard Page had a great visit. Our remaining OL/DL recruits seem to include: Uzzi, Thompson, Page, Shaw, Barnes, and Wokomaty. We are also still in the mix for T'sharvan Bell a shutdown corner. Liuget is starting to look like a possibility as well.

14. As for the Terps they are starting a new QB. He looked good the other night but starting against Tenuta's D isn't an easy task for a young QB. We will probably blitz as much as we did at ND. Keys to the game are getting to Turner, containing Heyward-bey, and giving them a healthy dose of Deuce. I think we will definitely pass more then the 15 times we did last week. Time of possession will be a key factor in this game and I believe Maryland is #1 in the country in that category.

15. Last note, Coach Kelly is doing a fantastic job with special teams. Players seem to be in a good mood today which is a given, hopefully this will continue and we get back on that winning track, this team is capable of winning out they have to get better in the passing game and mental errors though for that to happen. We had way too many penalties Saturday.

Hopefully everyone had a lovely weekend and is enjoying their first day back at work, it is alway better to come in on a Monday after a win. This place sucks the life out of you after a loss.

Any questions just ask:biggthumpup:

We are also still in the mix for T'sharvan Bell a shutdown corner. Liuget is starting to look like a possibility as well.

"Will play quarterback offensively as a senior, but most schools are recruiting him as a corner"

4.47 40 - We'll take it.

It's good to see the number of CB/S we're pulling in this year. Five so far with the two mentioned above making 6 and 7 possibly. CB has definitely been our downfall over the last few years.

Also, we're now ranked 17th in recruiting classes with the addition of Munroe and Leslie. This class is making out to be another top-15. Can't wait to hear about Thompson, Page, and Uzzi.

thanks for the updates.

I like what I saw from AT Barnes and JWD. They seem to be much better at wrapping up and tackling than their replacements.

Cord looks a like a road-paver for the RBs. How is he at pass protection?

1. Sad to see so much orange at BDS, I think it was around 15-18,000. The crowd was loud though and for the most part the Clemson fans had nothing to cheer about.

Should have been there in the mid 80's when the stadium was about 60% to 40% Tech/CU.

That made for a great game experience as well. I'm not saying your whinning because your not but the days of the stadium being 85% to 15% Tech/whoever are over. Even when we had that nice run in 98 and 99 we still had large opposing crowds.

thanks for the updates.

I like what I saw from AT Barnes and JWD. They seem to be much better at wrapping up and tackling than their replacements.

Cord looks a like a road-paver for the RBs. How is he at pass protection?

Cord needs to improve on pass protection, mainly his quickness but he is looking good right now.

Should have been there in the mid 80's when the stadium was about 60% to 40% Tech/CU.

That made for a great game experience as well. I'm not saying your whinning because your not but the days of the stadium being 85% to 15% Tech/whoever are over. Even when we had that nice run in 98 and 99 we still had large opposing crowds.

I was there then too John. I just wish so many fans wouldn't sell their tickets to the other team. There is no reason for Clemson fans to be sitting on the 50 yard line in the chair backs on the lower east side.

Completely agree, talked to no less than 4 Tech fans who sold their tickets to CU, I was pissed but Tech fans wouldn't ante up like the plowers did.

I was there then too John. I just wish so many fans wouldn't sell their tickets to the other team. There is no reason for Clemson fans to be sitting on the 50 yard line in the chair backs on the lower east side.
I agree that we shouldn't see so much orange (or other) in the GT sections but I estimate there were 12-14K (not >15K).

~6-7K upper north (there were a couple thousand wearing gold up there)
~2K south east stands
~1-2K south west upper deck (granted I can't see the upper west from my seats, but I know the visitors get some seats in the south corner)
~2K sprinkled thoughout the rest of the stadium

Another tidbit is we are sitting #1 with Sampson now from many sources. He loved his visit and interacted well with the basketball team. Shumpert also had a great visit and some people around here believe we might be the leader for him now too. Football winning can also help out basketball to make it a fun atmosphere. Shumpert is a big football fan he says something we definitely have on Marquette.

Last edited:
Just found out we might be getting another commitment soon. We will see how things unfold this week.

13. This was a big recruiting weekend. Thompson may actually be deciding this week now I heard.

Hmmm...Interesting that you say this because I just heard about an hour ago that we were looking extremely good for Brandon's services.

Maybe even good enough for an earlier committment than he originally anticipated? :fingersx:

i love you demjackets...and you're not to bad yourself either mustang(but i'll never cheat on dem):rolleyes:

i asked in another post but since you're here. what percentage will TC bee this week, seeing that he said he was 80-85 last week?

i asked in another post but since you're here. what percentage will TC bee this week, seeing that he said he was 80-85 last week?

He looked sore as anything after the game. I think he will be even better this week, he said it was fine today. Maybe 90%

Back