Weird Hypothetical

I think the triple option offense could be successful just by adjusting the salaries by position.

You no longer need a a third of your line salaries for a left tackle. You can now spread that across for four guards (two will be “tackles”) and a center. Boom, best rushing offensive line in the NFL, no doubt.

The highest paid running backs are a fraction compared to WRs and similar to TEs. Now you get to spread that money evenly amongst three RBs (top ten salary wise) and two serviceable WRs. You can’t afford a Julio, but you can certainly get two WRs who can run a route tree.

Now for the QB. You could easily fill this position for a lot cheaper than the normal going QB price, and get if the not the best, but outstanding running QBs. The money you save on QBs could help with boosting a defensive line.
Not a bad idea, Cleveland ran a facsimile Sunday against the Falcons with some limited success. The only issue would be your defense would have to be really good because you would be in a lot of low scoring games

Not a bad idea, Cleveland ran a facsimile Sunday against the Falcons with some limited success. The only issue would be your defense would have to be really good because you would be in a lot of low scoring games
Possessions still average out to 50/50 for each team, shockingly, even if the game has fewer possessions.

I have nothing of value to add other than I wonder why, out of the countless topics, posts and threads, why this singular topic finally, after nearly 7 years of waiting silently and patiently, caused you to throw your ring in the hat. Is it your love of the TO? love of the Browns? hatred of the Falcons? or was it simply that you finally threw caution to the wind and said WTF, I too have a voice to be heard and I heretofore will be part of the vitriol, hyperbole, drunken debauchery, debate and pontification that transpires here on ST? Just curious.

I like this site. You guys are funny. I don't usually have anything to add because I'm not chatty. But I saw this article and thought it was a funny coincidence.

Did I trigger something?

I like this site. You guys are funny. I don't usually have anything to add because I'm not chatty. But I saw this article and thought it was a funny coincidence.

Did I trigger something?
Careful, you're letting them draw you in...
giphy.gif

That is a pretty crazy coincidence, given the timing of this thread.

Also, I just want to point out that the Browns, one of the öööötiest teams in the NFL, apparently added some option plays to their offense and within one week destroyed the Atlanta Falcons, who were on a 3 game win streak. And they did it with Baker ööööing Mayfield at QB and a group of role player RBs.

Back