Well since we know when the game is now..Is Nesbitt going to be able to play?

Anyone know if Nesbitt will have a good shot at playing?

I want Nesbitt to play because he deserves it and IMO he is better than TW by far.

The only thing that stinks is it would be great experience for TW..But hopefully we will blow them out and TW will get some reps..

Anyone know if Nesbitt will have a good shot at playing?

I want Nesbitt to play because he deserves it and IMO he is better than TW by far.

The only thing that stinks is it would be great experience for TW..But hopefully we will blow them out and TW will get some reps..

I would like to see JFN have a chance to play also, I worry about his timing being out so long, but he does deserve it if he can go. I do not see any chance of us blowing them out at all however, they have the kind of O that will give us fits.

Yeah I doubt we will...Maybe groh will figure out some good schemes to use against them..I would imagine groh will do a good job preparing for this game. Hopefully, playing against a running offense will help our defense. I think our run defense has improved in the last two or three games.

I would bet $100 right now that Joshua Nesbitt plays.

He knows he wont be drafted and he would rather break his arm again on the field while fighting one last time that have it all be over.

I hope he gets to play. If he doesn't, I would like to see him take some knees in the victory formation when we win.

Well the nice thing is either:

A) our scout team will get extra practice running option, or
B) we won't need a scout team and can run 1s vs 1s, and possibly
C) in scout team prep PJ might find some new plays he likes

Air Force runs flexbone 3O, but they do it a lot differently than we do it. Instead of just having 10 plays and changing blocking, they do a wide variety of sweeps and counters and play action out of it.

I hope Nesbitt gets to play (and is effective if he does), just so he doesn't end his GT career on a pick and a broken arm.

That said, I don't agree that Nesbitt is "better than Washington by far." Seems like Tevin's done a pretty good job in some pretty tough games since he came in.

JRjr

I have it on good inside information that Josh will not play. He has not been able to do any conditioning work and still has his arm in a cast. Just not enough time for him to get back in playing condition.

Go Jackets!

I hope Nesbitt gets to play (and is effective if he does), just so he doesn't end his GT career on a pick and a broken arm.

Agree, but I am not worried about him being effective.......he will be!

That said, I don't agree that Nesbitt is "better than Washington by far." Seems like Tevin's done a pretty good job in some pretty tough games since he came in. .

Washington has done a respectable job considering the amount of playing time under his belt.

Washington's done a great job, he just doesn't have the leadership in the clutch that JN has, and it's cost us a couple of times this fall. But who knows what he'll do when he's a SR.

With all due respect to JN why wouldn't we want TW to play in the bowl game? 15 more practices will due wonders, probably a game type scrimmage in there as well. JN as much as I like him needs to hand the reigns over and we need TW to play in the game.

With all due respect to JN why wouldn't we want TW to play in the bowl game? 15 more practices will due wonders, probably a game type scrimmage in there as well. JN as much as I like him needs to hand the reigns over and we need TW to play in the game.

I would kinda like to see Joshua play safety and spy on the opposing QB the entire game.;)

In the bowl game, we definitely need to play a 100% Tevin over a less than 100% Josh.

But, if we play "what if"... Josh would have beaten VT and scored more against Duke. Tevin played very well against UGA and I doubt that Josh could have done any better.

In the bowl game, we definitely need to play a 100% Tevin over a less than 100% Josh.

But, if we play "what if"... Josh would have beaten VT and scored more against Duke. Tevin played very well against UGA and I doubt that Josh could have done any better.

He could have not thrown 2 interceptions to lose us the game.

Tevin lost us the UGA game at the end. Our receivers finally learned how to catch and we throw it to the ground or the other team.

Tevin did great running the option, but Nesbitt couldn't have done worse throwing the ball.

Back