Well since we know when the game is now..Is Nesbitt going to be able to play?

He could have not thrown 2 interceptions to lose us the game.

Tevin lost us the UGA game at the end. Our receivers finally learned how to catch and we throw it to the ground or the other team.

Tevin did great running the option, but Nesbitt couldn't have done worse throwing the ball.

Interesting. Strange coincidence that our WRs start catching the ball at the same time TW enters the lineup. Let's give the credit to the WRs.

Interesting. Strange coincidence that our WRs start catching the ball at the same time TW enters the lineup. Let's give the credit to the WRs.

Oh yeah, it was Nesbitt's fault when he hit them in the hands and the ball ended up on the ground.

STFU

Anyone know if Nesbitt will have a good shot at playing?

I want Nesbitt to play because he deserves it and IMO he is better than TW by far.

The only thing that stinks is it would be great experience for TW..But hopefully we will blow them out and TW will get some reps..

I wouldn't say that Nesbitt is better than Washington "by far." The gap is narrower than you think, especially since Nesbitt wouldn't be 100%.

I'd rather see a potential future QB get more reps. Good luck to Nesbitt!

It's sad that this now has become a pissing match about JN and TW.

FWIW, that was not my intent. I just think TW throws a more catchable ball (throws with more touch) than JN. In just about all other phases of being our QB, I'd take JN.

FWIW, that was not my intent. I just think TW throws a more catchable ball (throws with more touch) than JN. In just about all other phases of being our QB, I'd take JN.

If you mean our WRs can't catch laser beams from Nesbitt but can catch pop flies from Tevin, then Tevin might have something to do with our WRs catching more, but it is still 100% their fault.

And pop flies tend to get intercepted, as may or may not be obvious.
--------------------
And for what its worth, if we play Nesbitt I would expect Tevin to get up to half the snaps at QB anyways. But when its clutch time, it should be Nesbitt all the way.

In the bowl game, we definitely need to play a 100% Tevin over a less than 100% Josh.

But, if we play "what if"... Josh would have beaten VT and scored more against Duke. Tevin played very well against UGA and I doubt that Josh could have done any better.

Good grief! You actually don't believe the ALL Time ACC rushing QB would have been worth 3 points vs ugag!?!? Wow!

I agree though that TW should start in the bowl for all the obvious reasons and that Joshua should get some type of appearance.

I say it doesn't really matter which QB is playing, the crucial mistakes are being made at other positions.

I just want to see Nesbitt on the field again with his GT jersey on. Even if it's just to start and hand the ball off once or in victory formation at the end.

I'd like to see Joshua Nesbitt play because I feel like he's earned the right to have his college career end on a play that isn't a bad pick in the endzone. Also, from the chatter around here, it seems that Washington, despite his playing time now, may not be the leading candidate to start next year anyways.

If you mean our WRs can't catch laser beams from Nesbitt but can catch pop flies from Tevin, then Tevin might have something to do with our WRs catching more, but it is still 100% their fault.

And pop flies tend to get intercepted, as may or may not be obvious.
--------------------
And for what its worth, if we play Nesbitt I would expect Tevin to get up to half the snaps at QB anyways. But when its clutch time, it should be Nesbitt all the way.

It is more than TW throwing a softer ball. TW doesn't have the arm strength that JN does. But TW definitely throws in a more repeatable fashion. That helps the recievers. Additionally, because he doesn't have the range JN has, TW looks more at the underneath routes.

JN is definitely better than TW right now, but JN has to prove his arm has healed enough to secure the ball on the keeper.

I suspect that ethier QB is going to speed a lot of time handing the ball to AA. So long as AA keeps churning his legs, he should average 5 yards per carry. I think AA has a shot a beating Dwyers season rushing total. Air Force doesn't have the monster NFL linemen Clemson has.

I want the best QB available to play. We have to win this game. Screw next year, I'm tired of losing bowls games and ending the year on a sour note.

I want the best QB available to play. We have to win this game. Screw next year, I'm tired of losing bowls games and ending the year on a sour note.

Yep. Not to mention that this year a winning record is on the line. Has PJ ever had a losing record other than his first year at Navy?

When is the last time GT ended a season with a losing record?

Edit: Just checked. 1996, last losing record (5-6). 1994, last season with more than 7 losses (1-10)

Well the nice thing is either:

Air Force runs flexbone 3O, but they do it a lot differently than we do it. Instead of just having 10 plays and changing blocking, they do a wide variety of sweeps and counters and play action out of it.

The play action is something to see. Those things are like a secret tunnel to the end zone, if anyone has seen them play. It'll be a great game.

Could you imagine a screen of some type to a (future) B-back like Sims, who can throw the ball? With the DE's crashing like UGAg's were, and the DB's coming hard after the pitch, imagine what such a play could do.

Could you imagine a screen of some type to a (future) B-back like Sims, who can throw the ball? With the DE's crashing like UGAg's were, and the DB's coming hard after the pitch, imagine what such a play could do.

Ask gsupaintballer about the beloved bubble screen... Don't want to be seeing that. Like, ever.

Josh should run like the first play or last play or something and get a standing ovation if he's not 100%.

Back