welp - our best OG is pursing his master's elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and his family seemed to really love CPJ. Here’s hoping he goes to Florida and wins the SEC. I think Key would have helped him a lot but perhaps a change of scenery was best for him.

He won’t be going to UF. UF and other SEC schools prefer not to take one year transfers. Maybe things have changed in the past 5 or so years. UCF would be a good fit to be honest.

Big mistake for Parker if his reasoning is wanting to go to NFL.

Last edited:
Different doesn’t equate rebuild. They still have to block and defeat the man in front of them. Some of y’all have been brainwashed to believe everyone one of our players have been born outta out of a triple option lab where that’s all they know.

Parker Braun didn’t see anything bc I’m still baffled by his decision

After years and years of back and forth, when we agree on something, it’s usually true.
It won’t take as long as some of the people here think. They’re still high level athletes. And, we have coaches that know techniques and fundamentals, and know how to teach them effectively.

I’m also utterly baffled unless he plans on getting a graduate degree paid for elsewhere. If this is about football, it’s a terrible decision.

After years and years of back and forth, when we agree on something, it’s usually true.
It won’t take as long as some of the people here think. They’re still high level athletes. And, we have coaches that know techniques and fundamentals, and know how to teach them effectively.

I’m also utterly baffled unless he plans on getting a graduate degree paid for elsewhere. If this is about football, it’s a terrible decision.
Braun is a big boy with a lot of competent support around him. Although it seems to be a bad decision for us as Tech fans, it is probably a good, and an informed decision for Parker Braun.

I wish him the best of luck. Stand up guy, and an excellent player. But, if he goes to UGA he is dead to me!

Braun is a big boy with a lot of competent support around him. Although it seems to be a bad decision for us as Tech fans, it is probably a good, and an informed decision for Parker Braun.

If it’s about football. It’s a terrible decision. No way around that, bub.

I wonder when he told our coaches?
He ghosted them.
He won’t be going to UF. UF and other SEC schools prefer not to take one year transfers. Maybe things have changed in the past 5 or so years. UCF would be a good fit to be honest.

Big mistake for Parker if his reasoning is wanting to go to NFL.
Mullen is different than others. He and Parker might connect well. And I assume Parker’s brother will go to UF so why not take Parker for a year? Agreed UCF would also be a great fit.

I’m not sure he will play in the NFL based on this decision. I mean if he were a lock for the NFL, he could just turn pro now. This move seems more about life after football.

This.

He’s not a 17 year old getting bad advice. This guy gets it.

There was an On The Flats Podcast that had someone, maybe Brent Key, talking about not being able to pull Ivy League grad transfers because they want an easy year after busting their tails off academically and physically for undergrad. Likely that he just wants an easy year to focus on football and prep for the NFL. Maybe he stays if CPJ stays, but that doesn’t mean it is a failure of CGC.

He was my favorite player on last year’s team, best offensive player we had, IMO. If you can watch Miami do their pre-game intimidation ‘prayer’ you’ll notice 75 was the only guy standing his ground at a 10:1 ratio until a few other guys turned back around.

Big loss, but only teenage girls require a bad guy in every breakup.

So much for the 404 Takeover hype. We can't even keep the best player we have in house.......

This.

He’s not a 17 year old getting bad advice. This guy gets it.

There was an On The Flats Podcast that had someone, maybe Brent Key, talking about not being able to pull Ivy League grad transfers because they want an easy year after busting their tails off academically and physically for undergrad. Likely that he just wants an easy year to focus on football and prep for the NFL.

Prepping for the NFL isn’t easy. Learning a completely new scheme, technique, and everything else that comes with changing teams isn’t easy.

Taking courses at a new school, definitely easy. Especially if he was in Scheller at Tech. I was light years ahead of the MBA candidates at my other school.

Maybe he wants to attend a Blue Mountain State type school. I get it.

IMO if you can’t retain your best player his senior year it’s a stumble. Now maybe there are more details that will clarify the situation but you just can’t lose that type of talent.

Yeah, this is the first time we (or any school) has had a Sr. move on after getting their degree,

WWWWOWY

That's an interesting quote for reference to his mindset. I can imagine him not buying into the new coaching staff given his ties to CPJ and how much they differ on approaches and philosophies; however, like many other news topics nowadays, it's best to wait for the full picture of this to become more clear before we surmise the whole story.

Wish we could have seen that pressure build up against freaking Minnesota, much less ugag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back