We're #19 in new USA Today poll, VPI #9

One of the funniest things I heard was during FSU's win over BC. The ESPN guys were trying to figure out why they all were fooled into thinking FSU was "back" this year.

The consensus was basically, nah, we were right but just a year early. Next year they'll be "back".

Look for another preseason top 10 for the noles.

This will continue to benefit Clemson's ranking and thus ours for as long as Sammy Watkins plays there.

Bring your megaphones and whatever else you can bring in to make noise Thursday. I am going to scream my lungs out for the second consecutive game. No talking Friday for me. I won't be able to. BTW, I have already taken Friday off for recovery......BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!

LOUDER THAN VT THURSDAY. I want to deafen their team.

I think that we will finish close to 12 after everything is said and done. I doubt that the same could be said about VPI or FSU.

After everything is said and done? As in after we beat VPISU, Dook, UGA, Clemson in ACCCG, and win the Orange Bowl? Yeah right, we'll be top ten at that point.

I say we pull another stinker in the OB and finish around 14.

After everything is said and done? As in after we beat VPISU, Dook, UGA, Clemson in ACCCG, and win the Orange Bowl? Yeah right, we'll be top ten at that point.

2010: #14 Michigan State
2009: #12 Brigham Young
2008: #12 Texas Tech
2007: #14 Brigham Young
2006: #16 Brigham Young (#12 Rutgers)
2005: #16 UCLA
2004: #24 Navy (#9 California)

Those are the lowest ranked 2 loss teams from those years. I could go back further but it pretty much looks like top 15 no matter what.

If UGA keeps winning it could be 3 top 10 teams at home in-a-row (with some SEC pollster bias of course).

Bring your megaphones and whatever else you can bring in to make noise Thursday. I am going to scream my lungs out for the second consecutive game. No talking Friday for me. I won't be able to. BTW, I have already taken Friday off for recovery......BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!

LOUDER THAN VT THURSDAY. I want to deafen their team.

Good planning about Friday, I messed up and won't be able to even watch the game, just realized that I will be on a flight at gametime on an airline that does not offer internet, bad work on my part.

I will be anxious to turn on the radio in the car when I get back to the ATL about 10PM though.

GT Game of the Decade

Edit: The Orange Bowl was in January 2010 wasn't it? Maybe that was the GT Game of the Decade.

If UGA keeps winning it could be 3 top 10 teams at home in-a-row (with some SEC pollster bias of course).

Didn't think about that.

They play #22 Auburn and Kentucky, both at home. I would think that they'd win both of those, especially Kentucky.

That'd be tough. VT would have to drop a mile and SCar would have to lose to UF, then all three of those B1G teams would have to lose AND they'd have to jump somebody. All in 2 weeks. Top 15? If they win out until us for sure. Top 10? That'd be fun but it seems a bit out of reach in the regular season.

VPI at #9? sweet feathery jeeezus has any team been more underrated in the history of sport?

Their epic win in Durham in which Duke missed 3 FGs is a testament to how they induce fear into the opposition.

Soring 3 points against Clemson shows what a class act their coaching staff is in their aversion to running up the score.

And with wins at East Carolina, Marshall, and Winston-Salem, the hokies have illustrated they have showed they are more comfortable on the road than Rick Steves.

I've read that espn has already completed filming for their latest 30-for-30 series entitled "The Gauntlet" which illustrates the hokeis' ability to endure the rigors of hosting App State, Ark State, and Boston College in the same season!

we can only hope to be avoid being Cumberlanded :turbonoes:
I lol'd

I'm kind of worried about this game. David Wilson really scares me. Remember Perry Jones?

I also remember these big uglies:

Oday Aboushi: 6-6 310# Jr.
Austin Pasztor: 6-7 305# Sr.
Anthony Mihota:6-4 285# Sr.
Luke Bowanko: 6-6 295# So.
Morgan Moses: 6-6 335# So.

VPI's line by comparison, I guess this means they'll run off their left tackle with some success most likely...:

B. Dechristopher: 6-5 312# Sr.
James Brooks: 6-2 307# Sr.
Andrew Miller: 6-4 290# So.
Greg Nosal: 6-6 281# Sr.
Andrew Lanier: 6-5 282# Sr.

Yeah I'm worried about a team that got ass-whooped by a team that we ass-whooped last week.

it will be a tough game, no doubt about it.

1. they huge, senior-laden OL (see above)

2. david wilson is a freak; i am amazed by our run D the last couple weeks against huge OLs and good backs... wilson is a threat every time he touches the ball. he's an able kick returner, too.

3. their DL is big (although not as fast) and they have a very good secondary in holsley (first round draft pick) and exum. Hill-Holsley will be a good matchup to watch. Stephen is going to have to create separation on passing plays.

4. they'll be rested and while i loathe that rickety old bag they have pacing the sidelines, they'll be ready to play after the bye week. fortunately, they are the most predictable offensive team you will find. foster's defense is improved this year, but CPJ will have a good game plan.

5. they have are stacked at WR with boyken, davis (TE), coale, and coles. perhaps the biggest surprise of the clemson game is hour our DL actually was able to generate some pressure in the front 3. we need more of this.

6. i'm not the least bit concerned with thomas' arm, but the dude is a beast to bring down when he starts to run. if our DL gets blown off the line, look out. the guy is verryyyy hard to stop on short yardage plays.

7. vpi continues to pile up ugly ass wins. CPJ is 1-2 against them although we've been unequivocally better in every game. they continue to eek out ugly W's year after year. they do find a way.

having said that, i think we win by double digits.

2010: #14 Michigan State
2009: #12 Brigham Young
2008: #12 Texas Tech
2007: #14 Brigham Young
2006: #16 Brigham Young (#12 Rutgers)
2005: #16 UCLA
2004: #24 Navy (#9 California)

Those are the lowest ranked 2 loss teams from those years. I could go back further but it pretty much looks like top 15 no matter what.

Also of note is that of the BCS teams, they got crushed in their last or 2nd to last games of the season.

Back