We're 24th in Coaches Poll

Surprising. I thought we'd need a UNC win to get there. But, we'll need a UNC win to stay since they are #25.

lol at clempsun being ahead of us, they beat a garbage auburn team and struggled against inferior competition the previous 2 weeks

What should have been the top football teams in the ACC are finally in the Top 27: VPI, FSU, TECH, CLEM, MIAMI, UNC.

lol at clempsun being ahead of us, they beat a garbage auburn team and struggled against inferior competition the previous 2 weeks
Interesting. Garbage Auburn team? Garbage? They may not be national championship caliber, but if you think they're garbage you need to go back to football 101.

Now to see if it goes to our guys' heads. This week should be a good test.

Our guys are smart. Hopefully they realize that #24 ain't öööö and means nothing. It's good to get recognition, but feeling entitled or secure when almost all of your conference rivals outrank you would be patently dumb.

Interesting. Garbage Auburn team? Garbage? They may not be national championship caliber, but if you think they're garbage you need to go back to football 101.

Yes, garbage!

Our guys are smart. Hopefully they realize that #24 ain't öööö and means nothing. It's good to get recognition, but feeling entitled or secure when almost all of your conference rivals outrank you would be patently dumb.

A lot of them are young, so experienced leadership is key right now.

I agree though. It would be dumb to get too cocky after jumping into the top 25.

Interesting Miami didn't get ranked.

Stunning. They should have been. They're as good a 1-loss team as I've seen.

Addition: The SIDs or coaches must be drunk. Miami gave OSU a SOLID beatdown, and OSU has 90 "votes" and Miami has 39. Al Golden is even a "voter" and they didn't crack the top 25.

As much as I'm not a ND fan, they deserve more votes than some of the people ahead of them.

Last edited:
Especially after last year I don't think anyone will get cocky or complacent. They see that their hunger and attitude got them this far and it will take them farther, just keep working and stay hungry. Plus, CPJ will not allow anyone to be satisfied and relax.

Back