We're 24th in Coaches Poll

YES! Now I don't have to click on ACC (on ESPN Scores and Schedules) to see GT information! We're included in the T25 baby!

pretty sure the coaches poll is called the usa today/espn coaches poll so I bet they are using that one.

I'm so happy that UNC is also ranked. We need to play and beat ranked teams to make big jumps in the polls. I was beginning to get worried that VT would be our only ranked opponent. I hope Clemson stays ranked too.

I'm so happy that UNC is also ranked. We need to play and beat ranked teams to make big jumps in the polls. I was beginning to get worried that VT would be our only ranked opponent. I hope Clemson stays ranked too.

If FSU doesn't get Manuel back for their game, Clemson has a shot. Even if Clemson loses FSU, they get a big ? in top-15 VT the week afterwards, and could regain their ranked status by beating them. Then who knows if VT would be ranked. Seems pretty zero sum to me.

If FSU doesn't get Manuel back for their game, Clemson has a shot. Even if Clemson loses FSU, they get a big ? in top-15 VT the week afterwards, and could regain their ranked status by beating them. Then who knows if VT would be ranked. Seems pretty zero sum to me.

They actually stopped Manuel from coming back into the game. He tried to sneak back in.

Rankings are not 99% meaningless but are, in fact, completely 100% meaningless... unless you are in the national title chase to be #1 or #2. Tech is not there. When we start knocking on that door (say when we are 8-0) then we can start talking about rankings.

Tune back in about 6 weeks from now... that is if we are still undefeated.

Um, it helps to be ranked high for pre-season (as stupid as it seems) because that would make the pathway to #1 or #2 easier. Also, recruits like rankings.

Rankings are not 99% meaningless but are, in fact, completely 100% meaningless... unless you are in the national title chase to be #1 or #2. Tech is not there. When we start knocking on that door (say when we are 8-0) then we can start talking about rankings.

Tune back in about 6 weeks from now... that is if we are still undefeated.

Being ranked is absolutely not '100% meaningless'.

ESPN gives coverage preference to the top 25 ranked teams. Meaning Tech will get more highlights on TV, better internets coverage, and better TV broadcasts.

ESPN gives coverage preference to the top 25 ranked teams. Meaning Tech will get more highlights on TV, better internets coverage, and better TV broadcasts.

Yep, every time the scores roll they start with the top 25 and it seems they roll through the top 25 at least 2x what they do with everybody else.

Exactly. Everytime you go to look at scores, it defaults to the top 25. Any time you get highlights on national broadcasts, it is the top 25 that dominates the coverage. Being in the top 25 is priceless.

Back