We're a dangerous football team

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
I don't think very many teams are chalking up their future games against us as automatic W's. Infact, I doubt many are putting their chances of beating us at much over 50%.

My point is that we should be enjoying the hell out of this season. Each week, we have an equal chance to pull out a victory as our opponents, and most of the time, our odds are better.

When I read the boards, it sounds as if the opposite were true.

Yes there is uncertainty, but what the hell fun would it be if there wasn't?

Great post, I wish more fans would see it this way. Go Jackets!

My point is that we should be enjoying the hell out of this season.

EXACTLY!

Instead, we have some of our oldest fans, oldfoggy, ahem, bitching, moaning and whining.

Dude, don't harsh my mellow!

Yup. Couldn't agree more. Team is exceeding my expectations and I'll take it.

This season has been the most fun for me ever. The uncertainty is terrific! I am enjoying every moment of tailgating and the game action not even thinking about the negatives. The process is fun.. results make it even better! The 2009 season was great too, but it seemed CPJ was succeeding with the senior players and not so much the raw team talent.

Absolutely DCS. I really was not expecting this and I'm pleasantly surprised. I hope it keeps up.

it has been great being a GT fan this year.. We have really bounced back from last season and are playing tons of young guns and STILL bringing home Ws. The off-season work is evident and I'm proud of this team's attitude on and off the field.

glad to see this post and hope the rest of WreckNation read and see the light!

It's nice to hear announcers praising our offense for big play explosiveness, and keeping DC's awake at night. I think CPJ has finally convinced the talking heads that his offense is legit, and not something that the good teams will adjust to.

I'm definitely enjoying the hell out of my UF and Ugag neighbors having to watch for the sky falling. (Though, Brantley getting injured sucks...)

Meanwhile, I get to celebrate 5-0! I was SEVEN the last time this happened. There's no way for a seven-year-old to properly enjoy this kind of success.

I think we should be favored every single game on our schedule especially those at BDS regardless of the opponent. We are going to have an awesome atmosphere at the last 3 home games!

You might mention VT with a better fan atmosphere, but they don't really believe in their coaches and their fans already folded. Many of them are already calling for the OC and Beamer's head. We have something they are lacking, 100% trust in CPJ.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We have shown the potential to beat anyone on our schedule. We've shown that in the past. The next three games are all games we should win. Clemson, VPI and Georgia will define the season though.

A lot of us are Tech grads. Pessimism comes with the territory.

Tempering my expectations <> I'm not enjoying the season

I think we should be favored every single game on our schedule especially those at BDS regardless of the opponent. We are going to have an awesome atmosphere at the last 3 home games!

You might mention VT with a better fan atmosphere, but they don't really believe in their coaches and their fans already folded. Many of them are already calling for the OC and Beamer's head. We have something they are lacking, 100% trust in CPJ.

If Clemson remains underrated, they will be favored, but only by a few points. Other than that I agree.

I think we have turned the corner in the media because there are zero "big name" playmakers on this offense. (To them, that is.) They see a bunch of 3* no-names putting up 40+ points per game and nearly 500 yards of offense and it answers a lot of questions. It puts to rest the "he was using Chan's players, NFL talent, Nesbitt is the best he'll ever get" b.s. He is even being proven right on his offensive linemen. Everyone always said wait til he gets his own guys and now it has happened and the offense is rolling.

Man, Orwin Smith is going to make a great NFL player.

somebody mentioned we're like rape victims, what was it like a week ago? I think alot of us are preparing for a letdown. If somebody says we suck when we're 5-0 and ranked 13th, then in their minds it won't hurt as much when we lose to any of the remaining opponents. Then comes the justification when they will say "see I told you we suck! I know what I'm talking about"

If we're 10-0 rolling into Durham, people will be talking about how we can have a wtf loss against Duke and we should be very very scared. I don't even need to mention the georgia game.

It's good to not underestimate your opponents or get complacent (for the team). It's ok to point out stuff you don't like even in good times, can't tell such a bundle of perfectionist assholes not to anyway :biggrin:. But I think some of us are doing more worrying/bitching/whining than actually enjoying old gold&white cracking acc opponents left and right. The team needs fans not wives.

Honestly if we 4 of our remaing games I will be pleased with this year when you factor in preseason expectations (win over ugag included)...5 games and I will be thrilled. But what I am jacked up about is how young this team is and how we can only get better. This year may very well be something really special but the next four years could be something we havent seen on the Flats in a very very long time....get your season tickets now folks.

...This year may very well be something really special but the next four years could be something we havent seen on the Flats in a very very long time....get your season tickets now folks.
Agreed. I feel like this could be a build-up year to making a MNC run next year. A program like GT will never consistently be in the MNC discussion; that's not realistic for a school with academic standards. We have to try to build up to a 1-2 year period and hope for some luck to help us along the way.

Back