We're about to find out how tough JT is

In the past 18 years, we have beaten UGA at least once with each of our "good" QBs that have graced The Flatts.

Joe Hamilton: 2-2
George Godsey: 1-1
Josh Nesbitt: 1-1 (DNP 3rd year)

The other QBs failed to beat UGA. Subsequently, they had lackluster careers:
AJ Suggs
Reginald Ball
Taylor Bennett
Tevin Washington
Vad Lee

So far this season, JT is showing promise to be in the first group that I listed. He certainly is playing better than any of the second group QBs (all you have to do is have a 50%+ completion rate and a 'decent' TD/INT ratio). I think JT is due for 1-2 wins against UGA during his 3 years as a starter. Lets sit back for the ride!

JT will get it done on Saturday. I seriously Auburn let that A&M loss beat them twice.... Not to mention a piss poor showing against Samford. Chubb will get his yards between the 20s but the D will step up and force Hutson to make some throws and that will be the difference.

In the past 18 years, we have beaten UGA at least once with each of our "good" QBs that have graced The Flatts.

This is a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy. If Reggie had closed the deal on 1 or 2 of the very close games he played in, then he would be remembered at Tech as a "good" QB.

This is a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy. If Reggie had closed the deal on 1 or 2 of the very close games he played in, then he would be remembered at Tech as a "good" QB.

Agree, but Reggie's entire career was under-achieving and at times just flat out atrocious. Even if he had the ball bounce differently a few times and beat UGA once or twice, I would still look at his career and think that he had so many missed opportunities. The guy threw 55 interceptions in 4 years. His TD/INT ratio was just about 1/1 (57/55). Even with a UGA win or two, I would still look back and think he just never 'clicked'... But I'll agree with the general prophetic pattern. If our QB can beat UGA, he will likely have a good career. Like CPJ said last night - UGA is a good program. There aren't many teams out there that beat them over the last several years. If we have a QB that can lead the team to a win against UGA, he is likely going to be successful.

Agree, but Reggie's entire career was under-achieving and at times just flat out atrocious. Even if he had the ball bounce differently a few times and beat UGA once or twice, I would still look at his career and think that he had so many missed opportunities. The guy threw 55 interceptions in 4 years. His TD/INT ratio was just about 1/1 (57/55). Even with a UGA win or two, I would still look back and think he just never 'clicked'... But I'll agree with the general prophetic pattern. If our QB can beat UGA, he will likely have a good career. Like CPJ said last night - UGA is a good program. There aren't many teams out there that beat them over the last several years. If we have a QB that can lead the team to a win against UGA, he is likely going to be successful.

I would tend to agree but man it sure would be nice to have an * by Reggie's underwhelming results saying "But he beat Uga!"

If we hadn't borked the OT last year, Vad might be remembered as 'good' too.

Beat me to it.

If we hadn't borked the OT last year, Vad might be remembered as 'good' too.

I remember plain as day watching that game last year, and when Vad hit Smelter on the slant route for a TD late in the game, I got up and said "this is Vad's coming out game". I thought that game was going to be the turning point for Vad to rise to greatness. Then he couldn't finish the job, and failed to get anything done in the bowl game. Really glad that kid left because it left the door wide open for JT. And you hear Johnson say "Justin just has a great attitude. He does what he is asked and never complains about it or about what formation we are running". Implies that Vad was never happy and grinded CPJ's gears.

I have to wonder what would have happened if Vad had stayed and how the QB competition would have looked this year.

Joe Hamilton: 2-2
George Godsey: 1-1
Josh Nesbitt: 1-1 (DNP 3rd year)

The other QBs failed to beat UGA. Subsequently, they had lackluster careers:
AJ Suggs
Reginald Ball
Taylor Bennett
Tevin Washington
Vad Lee

So far this season, JT is showing promise to be in the first group that I listed. He certainly is playing better than any of the second group QBs (all you have to do is have a 50%+ completion rate and a 'decent' TD/INT ratio). I think JT is due for 1-2 wins against UGA during his 3 years as a starter. Lets sit back for the ride!
More worried about run defense than QB.

We shouldn't be "worried" about anything. Our team is what it is at this point in the season. Go out play 60 minutes and win the game! Our D will step up and make enough plays to put JT in a position to win if he executes the offense like he has all season. If you're tired of being the little brother in the state you have to start acting like the big brother. THWG

More worried about run defense than QB.

Just believe, man. Our defense found a genie on the way back from Chapel Hill. Hopefully we still have a few rubs left on the lamp (take that as a sexual comment if you must...).

Last edited:
We will see what we have known all year. JT is a great QB and has the mental toughness we have lacked behind center since 2008. Time to stop giving uga so much credit. We will beat them Saturday in front of the entire Honey Boo Boo family! Sick of uga mouthing off and equally sick of GT fans who act afraid of uga. Ban me from the GD group if we lose because that S**** isn't happening.

GT wins 41 - 31 hop on the bandwagon now because I'll kick your ass off after the game when you try. GET YOUR MIND RIGHT! TAKE BACK THE STATE! :furious:
Effing great post!

Back