We're going to Frisco

RamblinPeck

Jolly Good Fellow
We\'re going to Frisco

Just saw on ESPN Bottom Line, Music City got UVA. Crap, we got screwed, what bull#%#%. We made our bed by losing to NCSU, but damn, this sucks. Goind from possible Peach down to west coast crap. How are we going to sell any tickets for this? What a hose job (feel free to make jokes involving the city we're going to). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Re: We\'re going to Frisco

What is worse is that we are playing Utah(6-5).

I think most know I'm supportive of our GT Athletic Association Admin....but this is absolutely and unequivocably unacceptable. Someone should have been raising H### at the ACC. Teams with worse records and certainly not the marquee victories we have are going to better bowls. If we gave in at all in negotiations--this would be a major black mark. I was planning to travel anywhere on the east coast as many other young alums I talked to were. You want to build support for the AA? Don't tell us to go to California or Idaho. The GT AA should have promised to sell 15,000 tickets + if they had to.

Both GT and BC were hosed this time. GT, BC, and Clemson should have had their pick after the Gator and Peach.

This is a crock.

I would have brought 4 to anywhere that wasn't Boise or San Fran...Oh Well.

I bet we don't sell 1,000 tickets

Anybody know how many went to watch the Fresno game a few years ago?

every official thing says emerald. ESPN Bowl Page

Use and BC got the shaft hard. I'm done with the ACC, this is rediculous and we screwed all the time. We may not travel the best, but we're pretty damn good, and this protectionist attitude is pissing me off. I'm sure BC feels the same way, what a way to welcome them into the conference, we finish 4th/5th each and both get sent out west. Complete BS (mods, can we get an icon of a bull taking a duece, I think I'd get a lot of use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif)

The weblink? I have a nas-t feeling that some people at the GTAA naively assumed the ACC wouldn't screw us and stopped raising hell thinking they could trust the tobacco chewin' cheats that run the ACC.

This sucks the big one, a crap game against a crap team, WTF??!!!??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

So, after consulting the handy dandy alumni map it seems like, at BEST, if all alumni within driving distance go, then we're going to have about 5500-6000 there. Unbelievable. Just flat out unbelievable.

Anybody know the payout difference between san fran and nashville bowl?

With what just happened, is it safe to say that the Peach was never going to happen?

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know the payout difference between san fran and nashville bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerald is a typically minimum payout bowl: $750,000.

Music City has a guaranteed payout of slightly more than the minimum ($780,000), but also has a revenue sharing plan that can raise the to payout to around $1M.

With ACC revenue sharing it will matter very little to us financially I'm sure.

F&*k the payout (not directed at you)

This is all payback from swofford, clough, braine.

This HC actually belongs in a lower-tiered bowl....so sorry for our kids who are basically without a top-notch coach.

[ QUOTE ]
This HC actually belongs in a lower-tiered bowl....so sorry for our kids who are basically without a top-notch coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, don't blame CG on this one. Swofford and his pus$y crew as well as no help from Braine and co. can take credit for this monumental slight.

I guess we have won too many Bball championships. Lookout BC! VPI, and Miami are no threat to the tobacco "smokers" in Greensboro.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm done with the ACC

[/ QUOTE ]

My other name on the Hive, JK8Fan, agrees. We need to start our lobbying, no matter how long it takes, to be back in the SEC. We are the readheaded stepchild that will get sent as far away as possible because the ACC can get away with it.

I don't care if we lost the head to head with NC State. They have a worse record than us. We beat Auburn, Clemson, Miami, and probably gave UGAg their toughest fight - including the games they lost. We deserve better than this. I guess NC State will never have to travel west as long as they beat a decent team in the ACC and finish 6-5.

I officially want out of the ACC. I want to rejoin the SEC. I will not change my mind.

Go away. Our HC has nothing to do with this and you are obviously going to post the same crap regardless of topic. Another dawg in disguise, so please just go away.

Bizzy.. the HC you refer to led us to victories over Auburn and Miami this year and was two plays from beating this years SEC Champion.. my advice to you is to lay off the crack pipe for a while..

Our HC is a good coach, and our team played hard this year (with the exception of the Virginia's) .. our team deserved a better bowl.. but the game is set.. slinging mud on the coach or this team for what was accomplished is, in my opinion, very classless of you

We got hosed.

Swofford, Braine, and the Atlantic Coast Conference can all go to hell.

TOP 25 with wins over Top 10 AUBURN and MIAMI and we get knocked down for the likes of UVA and NCST. Unfreakinbelievable.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif ACC

Back