We're going to Frisco

Re: We\'re going to Frisco

Boy that Emerald Bowl banner will look great in the south end zone next to the Silicon Vally, Boise, and Seattle Bowl. Time for another shot of Beam!!

Don\'t Look Now ....

but we may have vacated those others you mentioned and the Emerad won't have them for neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
Boy that Emerald Bowl banner will look great in the south end zone next to the Silicon Vally, Boise, and Seattle Bowl. Time for another shot of Beam!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with the NCAA sanctions, when we have to "vacate" all those games, aren't all those banners coming down anyway?

bowl victories/attendance not vacated. Refer to stories from 2 weeks ago. Doesn't make any sense, and they should be since they're NCAA sanctioned, but according to all the articles they dont have to.

I too wish we were in the SEC, though I know it just won't happen. We're stuck in this conference and have to deal with it. Fortunately, there are enough cream puffs on our schedule for us to have a winning record each year. That said, we just need to do our best and find a way to win.
As for the bowl, I think one of the biggest issues we have holding us back is our fan's lousy record for traveling. Our fan base is relatively tiny, and when you factor in the divisiveness that is so pervasive among our fans about our coach and our outlook, it further diminishes our appeal. We need to somehow get on the same page and find a way to improve our talent base. Only when we win consistently, something we haven't done in a generation, will the few fans we have get solidly behind this team, sell the tickets at home and away, and get rid of the reputation we currently have among the bowls and other outsiders.

Please explain to me our "lousy record for traveling". I don't remember last year but the Champs bowl doesn't draw particularly well from anywhere. Far west bowls noone travls. Both Gator Bowls we drew well to especially against ND (over 25k). So fill me in.

WE DO NOT HAVE A LOUSY RECORD FOR TRAVELLING.

Look at the last 4 bowls GT went to in the southeast:

We sold half the stadium in Orlando last year, a game that was held 2 days before Christmas!!!

The Gator Bowl loves us. In 1999 there were 40,000+ Tech fans in Jax, easily outnumbering the Irish fans, and in 2000 we probably had 35,000, the only holes in the stands were on the Miami side.

The Peach Bowl we sold out our entire allottment.

TECH FANS TRAVEL TO SOUTHEAST BOWLS EXTREMELY WELL.

Which makes this shafting even more frustrating. Screw you Swofford.

By the way, you want to talk "cream puffs"??? Look at UVA and NCST's schedule. 3 OOC cream puffs apiece.

If we can't even sell all of our regular season tickets in our small stadium, how can we be known as a good traveling team at bowl time at a large arena?

ArmyJacket's Hive post on bowl attendance figures

See the information in that link. It says all you need to know about how well Tech travels vs. other ACC teams in SE bowls.

That is why we should be known as a "good travelling team" come bowl pickin' time and why that is no excuse for us being hosed like this.

I smell dawg shiite

I suspected you Buzzed for a while now. Now its obvious. You are just on here to stir up crap against Tech.

According to RR on the Hive, Steve(?) Ramsey, exec director of the MCB is a UVA grad. I guess that explains it.

I think the snobs lined Ramsey's pocket.

To hell with UVA!
To HELL with the ACC!
Tech out of the ACC!
The sooner the better.

Yes, wins over Auburn and Miami are impressive, but losses to UVA and NCState are not...and I'm sure the blowout loss to VT, who in turn lost to FSU, was a concern, too. Our season put us in a 2nd tier bowl, not one particular coach or AD or conference president.

I'm happy to be 'stuck' in the best conference in the US. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been asleep for the last 10 years. Rest in peace, Rip Van Winkle.

Back