We're Losers

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
This isn't a "fire CPJ/Roof" thread. I just want to point out and discuss possible reasons for why this team is so mentally out of shape.

-UT game: Are you serious? They are 124th in total offense this year, and 125th in total defense... and we let them come back on us like that? We couldn't move the ball when it mattered.

-Miami game: Really? We're up 2 TDs with 5 minutes to go and we can't get a stop? Get this: after our field goal in the 3rd quarter to go up 24-16, we had two 6 play drives and two 3 and outs, all ending in punts. We couldn't move the ball when it mattered.

-Clemson game: We had eight three and outs and one 4 and out. Are you kidding me?

-Virginia game: So weird. It wasn't that we couldn't move the ball, it was just that we shot ourselves in the foot so thoroughly that we took ourselves out of the game. Mental midgets. But we could NOT get a stop we needed on D when it mattered.

-Duke game: There's not much to say. It wasn't so much that we couldn't move the ball, we couldn't stop them from moving the ball- ever.

I don't know what to say about all that, except that it's frustrating. Yes, I'll still watch games. Yes, I'll still be in the stands. No, I can't think of anybody who'd do better here than CPJ. But how is that comforting when his teams just seem to be so mentally unfit? I've never seen two more damn frustrating teams to watch than the 2015 and 2017 Yellow Jackets and we've had SO many damn frustrating games. And I don't know what else to point back to other than coaching.

CPJ does more with less than any coach evar!!!! There are no other options!

It is all of the coaches responsibility to get the team ready mentally and that is not happening. How do we beat a ranked Va. Tech one game and then lose to a UVA and Duke in other games. It makes no sense and it is frustrating.

It is all of the coaches responsibility to get the team ready mentally and that is not happening. How do we beat a ranked Va. Tech one game and then lose to a UVA and Duke in other games. It makes no sense and it is frustrating.
Sort of how Ohio State loses 55-24 to Iowa and then beats Michigan State 48-3 the next week? These are kids.

That said, changes need to be made. CPJ is a fantastic coach schematically, but his assistants are not good.

Sort of how Ohio State loses 55-24 to Iowa and then beats Michigan State 48-3 the next week? These are kids.

That said, changes need to be made. CPJ is a fantastic coach schematically, but his assistants are not good.
CPJ was fantastic in the second half yesterday.

CPJ was fantastic in the second half yesterday.

True. ZERO points were scored in the 2nd half. Of course, those were our 0 pts but still. What a genius!

I especially love our genius passing plays. "OK, you guys run long and I'll just heave it up!"

ööööing GENIUS schematically-speaking. No one expects backyard football at this level!

This team is as consistent as the systems of Lucas Electric ...

So what you're saying is that there is really no excuse for the Duke and UT games. The other losses are to the #3 and #2 teams in the country, and Virginia.

Also, I couldn't sarcastically come up with a better thread title to illustrate the pussydom of a considerable slice of the GT fan base. Posted during hate week, of all times.

Back