"We're more athletic now than when we got here..."

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
"...people don't want to hear that but it's true. We don't have the first round draft choices, but we're more athletic now. Not even close."

CPJ show 2 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Ha...screw you guys. Nobody wants to have an opinion? Ok, fine...CPJ is absolutely right. Ok, that was a fun thread, thanks Cheese!

Ha...screw you guys. Nobody wants to have an opinion? Ok, fine...CPJ is absolutely right. Ok, that was a fun thread, thanks Cheese!
You pointed out 3 positions, there's probably a few more. But top to bottom coach thinks we are bigger, faster, stronger than in '08. Apparently you disagree. Big surprise.

You pointed out 3 positions, there's probably a few more. But top to bottom coach thinks we are bigger, faster, stronger than in '08. Apparently you disagree. Big surprise.

"Top to Bottom" is way too generic for a discussion. Top 22 is all that matters. Think for yourself cheese...where are we bigger, stronger or faster? Bigger and Faster at AB. Bigger at LB? Just all around better in the 2ndary?. Don't know about the OL. Maybe bigger on the DL?

Nah, your like that devil that pops up on the guys shoulder in Animal house (the one that says "F*** her), and we are like the angels.

You are needed.

Thanks. It's not like I'm an asshole or over the top. I honestly just want to talk/discuss/learn football...that's all.

I'd say everywhere but QB and BB...and DL.

I respectfully disagree at QB and BB. His first year:

QB:
Nesbitt
Shaw

BB:
Dwyer
Watson/Cox

Better starter, but the drop off to #2 on the depth chart was much larger and after #2....no one. We're much deeper now.

I respectfully disagree at QB and BB. His first year:

QB:
Nesbitt
Shaw

BB:
Dwyer
Watson/Cox

Better starter, but the drop off to #2 on the depth chart was much larger and after #2....no one. We're much deeper now.

So depth may be better, but the as far as the guys that actually play, I think you are agreeing that QB and BB were more athletic. Granted, more athletic at QB doesn't always mean better, even in this offense.

If Tevin continues to throw at better than 55% then Tevin IS BETTER THAN Nesbitt.

Nesbitt was great but the lack of completions to wide open receivers were killers and cost us games.

We will see how Tevin does against the ACC and Ugag but it is quite possible he may have a better year then Nesbitt.

If Tevin continues to throw at better than 55% then Tevin IS BETTER THAN Nesbitt.

Nesbitt was great but the lack of completions to wide open receivers were killers and cost us games.

We will see how Tevin does against the ACC and Ugag but it is quite possible he may have a better year then Nesbitt.

Absolutely. Nesbitt was a better runner and a winner in general, but this offense needs a cool QB that can take advantage of opportunities that present themselves, like making the D pay when they want to cheat to stop the run. Nesbitt never quite did that on a consistent basis and his running just can't make up for it.

Back