"We're more athletic now than when we got here..."

"Top to Bottom" is way too generic for a discussion. Top 22 is all that matters. Think for yourself cheese...where are we bigger, stronger or faster? Bigger and Faster at AB. Bigger at LB? Just all around better in the 2ndary?. Don't know about the OL. Maybe bigger on the DL?

Don't be stupid. Great teams play more than 22 on O and D every game.

If Tevin continues to throw at better than 55% then Tevin IS BETTER THAN Nesbitt.

Nesbitt was great but the lack of completions to wide open receivers were killers and cost us games.

We will see how Tevin does against the ACC and Ugag but it is quite possible he may have a better year then Nesbitt.

Good point but "better" is not "more athletic".

Absolutely. Nesbitt was a better runner and a winner in general, but this offense needs a cool QB that can take advantage of opportunities that present themselves, like making the D pay when they want to cheat to stop the run. Nesbitt never quite did that on a consistent basis and his running just can't make up for it.
It's tough to talk about this because the jury is still out on Washington, whereas we watched Nesbitt play for 2.5 years...we know what he was. A great runner, a tough person to tackle, someone who fought for the extra yards and if you HAD TO HAVE 1 yard, he would get it. He wasn't a good passer. Nevertheless, we won 9 his 1st year, 11 and an ACC championship his 2nd, and 6 his 3rd. So all in all he was a very good QB for us.

Washington, on the other hand, looks to be a better passer. I don't know why, if it's something as simple as A-Backs and WRs catching more balls, Tevin being more accurate, everyone being more comfortable in the system...I don't know, but so far it looks like he's a better passer than Josh...

BUT, we don't know how tough he is yet. He hasn't had to carry the game-winning drive on his shoulders like Joshua did vs. Wake, or the home game against Clemson in 2009. He hasn't defeated a top 5 VT team, or handed UGA a loss...or gone up against a stout UNC defensive line and come out victorious, twice.

Tevin, and this offense, looks good. Really good. I hope, and think, it's for real and Tevin can carry us through tough games against BCS competition. But we don't know that he can, yet.

I took this as an oh-so-subtle shot at Gailey and everyone talking about how CPJ had his recruits and is now going to stink it up.

Sorry if I want player #22 to be better than #23. That's where you make you're living. Check yourself.

Nobody, nowhere counts on 22.

For example, Nealy isn't in the "22" yet we played him more than Drummond against MTSU for good reason.

Most teams have two WR, a FB and a TE on the "22". Often the #3 WR will play more than the FB or the TE. Or the #2 TE will play more than the FB.

This happens all the time. Coaches don't think in terms of 22. They think in terms of the rotation. The guys they need to complete all the looks they have. Nickle, dime, goal line, and more. You need 15 to 16 on D at least to field a quality D.

BUT, we don't know how tough he is yet. He hasn't had to carry the game-winning drive on his shoulders like Joshua did vs. Wake, or the home game against Clemson in 2009. He hasn't defeated a top 5 VT team, or handed UGA a loss...or gone up against a stout UNC defensive line and come out victorious, twice.

Tevin, and this offense, looks good. Really good. I hope, and think, it's for real and Tevin can carry us through tough games against BCS competition. But we don't know that he can, yet.
I'd be perfectly happy ISH with every game this season being a 66-24 win and never finding out how tough TW is.:wink:

Back