Wes Brings up a Good Point...

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
How in the hell does GT get the juggernaut of a combination of Clemson, Miami, and Virginia Tech in a row AGAIN!

Same damn thing happened last year and GT went a big 0 for 3 in that stretch.

Screw the ACC.

That 6-7 Clemson juggernaut is of great concern

@ Miami 7-6
CLEM 6-7
Off week
VT

The ACC did that to us???

:crazy:

How in the hell does GT get the juggernaut of a combination of Clemson, Miami, and Virginia Tech in a row AGAIN!

Screw the ACC.

Juggernaut? I think your over stating how good those teams are. Clemson went 6-7 last year, Miami 7-6, and neither look to be poised for greatness.

There is a bye week in there too.

Juggernaut? I think your over stating how good those teams are. Clemson went 6-7 last year, Miami 7-6, and neither look to be poised for greatness.

There is a bye week in there too.

Absolutely correct. There are no juggernauts in this conference. That is the beauty in playing in such a league. If playing that schedule were jeopardizing our national championship hopes, then you might have a point, but if we go 3-0 against that line-up we'll be just a blip on the national radar. Unless and until we start beating the NC States and Kansases of the world, we just need to show up and play.

Well....when you consider how Clemson and Miami's D Lines man handle our OLine it'll be a tall order IMO to win both of those, considering Miami has absolutely boat raced us 2 years in a row.

Screw the ACC.

I hear you TaxJacket...especially love how VT always gets a long week for us. Frank Beamer is the Coach K of football in the ACC.....always gets his way.

That being said...I prefer this for 2011 with a new C/QB/BB rather than play any of them early in the year. I also like having Duke each year in last game before UGA.

On the glass half full side, we are playing them later in the year, when we are generally better (except for last year) We kind of ease into the schedule this year. Start with Western Carolina who is not supposed to be very good, then MTSU, who is a better team, then Kansas, which may or may not be better than MTSU, but beat us last year. Then UNC, who should be better than MTSU and Kansas, but not as good as thought. Then NC State, who has proven themselves to be better than UNC. And now were in October. Basically each team we play gets progressively better. That is pretty nice. Better than 2008 and 2009 where we had some pretty tough opponents early (Miami, VT on the road, BC on the road)

I hear you TaxJacket...especially love how VT always gets a long week for us. Frank Beamer is the Coach K of football in the ACC.....always gets his way.

That being said...I prefer this for 2011 with a new C/QB/BB rather than play any of them early in the year. I also like having Duke each year in last game before UGA.

They didn't get a long week in '08 or '09. And we both had a bye in '10 before the game, because it was a Thursday night game. We both have the same layoff before our game this year as well...

The only thing wrong with our schedule is the crappy alternating home schedule.

They didn't get a long week in '08 or '09. And we both had a bye in '10 before the game, because it was a Thursday night game. We both have the same layoff before our game this year as well...

The only thing wrong with our schedule is the crappy alternating home schedule.
I did not say anything was wrong with our schedule...I said I liked it for 2011.

...and yes...Beamer did get his way. He did not care about when he played us until we beat him in 2009 on that Saturday "All The Way Turnt Up" night. He made sure in 2010 that he had the break...and again this year.

This is similar to what Miami asked for and received in 2009 after their beatdown by us in 2008.

I did not say anything was wrong with our schedule...I said I liked it for 2011.

...and yes...Beamer did get his way. He did not care about when he played us until we beat him in 2009 on that Saturday "All The Way Turnt Up" night. He made sure in 2010 that he had the break...and again this year.

This is similar to what Miami asked for and received in 2009 after their beatdown by us in 2008.

Regardless of who requested what bye week or break when, both us and VT have the same layoff before our game, so they don't have any competative advantage, and there's nothing to complain about.

We should have beat them last year, even with the layoff, if it wasn't for our special teams.

I'm obviously from the "no excuses, win the f'n game" camp...

I'm not sure if playing the better teams is any harder back to back or spread out over the season. The only issue I can see with it would be the impact of losing a QB to injury for a few weeks at the beginning of that stretch. It also delays any real assessment of the teams performance until mid-October. We could easily be undefeated at that point and then lose 4 out of 5 down the stretch. Overall, I'd say if you are afraid to face the better teams, you probably don't deserve to win anything, anyway.

If I were ACC Commissh.....I'd throw all the teams into a lottery system and have all sorts of weird schedules.

That...OR...have something more set it stone kinda like how UGA plays South Carolina the 2nd week of every year (just about). We should have the same thing w/ Clemson. It's always getting bounced around and I think it's stupid.

If I were ACC Commissh.....I'd throw all the teams into a lottery system and have all sorts of weird schedules.

That...OR...have something more set it stone kinda like how UGA plays South Carolina the 2nd week of every year (just about). We should have the same thing w/ Clemson. It's always getting bounced around and I think it's stupid.

If I was the ACC Commish, I would set up the schedule to try to maximize revenue, TV ratings, and BCS rankings.

Back