Wes Brings up a Good Point...

It's a good thing you're not.

Yeah then the ACC might actually get some respect on the national stage by having highly ranked teams playing each other late in the season. That would suck.

Yeah then the ACC might actually get some respect on the national stage by having highly ranked teams playing each other late in the season. That would suck.

It's the ACC... how are you going to determine which highly ranked teams to match up late in the season 6 months before the season starts?

Also, you have to have a highly ranked teams before they can play each other.

We play VPI on a Thursday with 10 days off both before and after the game. This is a non-issue, IMO.

Well....when you consider how Clemson and Miami's D Lines man handle our OLine it'll be a tall order IMO to win both of those, considering Miami has absolutely boat raced us 2 years in a row.
If we can't beat them, then when we play is immaterial. If we're scared we should just stay home.

Regardless of who requested what bye week or break when, both us and VT have the same layoff before our game, so they don't have any competative advantage, and there's nothing to complain about.

We should have beat them last year, even with the layoff, if it wasn't for our special teams.

I'm obviously from the "no excuses, win the f'n game" camp...
Good grief...of course we all agree we need to win the game.

The point is this...if you were to ask knowledgeable GT fans if they would rather us play VT with both of us having 7 days between games or 10....90% would say both have 7. Our record speaks for itself when measuring 7 days vs. 7+ days. Heck...I would play them on 5 days rest for both teams if we could!

All of that being said...Foster still hasn't figured us out and we would have won last year if Nesbitt does not make the dooming bad throw at the goal line. Nothing we can do about it now. Both of us are 0-0 for the season!

It's the ACC... how are you going to determine which highly ranked teams to match up late in the season 6 months before the season starts?

Also, you have to have a highly ranked teams before they can play each other.

VT and FSU are probably safe bets. I have a feeling they are going to be the poster childs of the ACC for the next year or two. They need to beat some OOC competition.

Good grief...of course we all agree we need to win the game.

The point is this...if you were to ask knowledgeable GT fans if they would rather us play VT with both of us having 7 days between games or 10....90% would say both have 7. Our record speaks for itself when measuring 7 days vs. 7+ days. Heck...I would play them on 5 days rest for both teams if we could!

All of that being said...Foster still hasn't figured us out and we would have won last year if Nesbitt does not make the dooming bad throw at the goal line. Nothing we can do about it now. Both of us are 0-0 for the season!
VPI opens with Appalachian State, East Carolina, Arkansas State, and Marshall. They will scoot to the top ten without playing one decent team. This is the advantage that the schedulers give most of the better teams. Warm up in September, garner votes in the polls and then start the tougher games.

We're not a strong team going into the season, yet there isn't one game on our schedule that isn't winnable. That's the juggernaut power of the ACC.

Absolutely correct. There are no juggernauts in this conference. That is the beauty in playing in such a league. If playing that schedule were jeopardizing our national championship hopes, then you might have a point, but if we go 3-0 against that line-up we'll be just a blip on the national radar. Unless and until we start beating the NC States and Kansases of the world, we just need to show up and play.
I agree,the ACC is well known for one sport in my opinon and its..................basketball !:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I agree,the ACC is well known for one sport in my opinon and its..................basketball !:crazy::crazy::crazy:
The ACC is actually most dominant in men's and women's soccer...usually putting 5 or 6 teams in the national Top 10...and the entire conference save one or two in the Top 25.

VPI opens with Appalachian State, East Carolina, Arkansas State, and Marshall. They will scoot to the top ten without playing one decent team. This is the advantage that the schedulers give most of the better teams. Warm up in September, garner votes in the polls and then start the tougher games.

Agreed, it's unfair how teams that aren't favored by the schedulers have to play Western Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Kansas, and UNC in their first four games.

How in the hell does GT get the juggernaut of a combination of Clemson, Miami, and Virginia Tech in a row AGAIN!

Same damn thing happened last year and GT went a big 0 for 3 in that stretch.

Screw the ACC.

The real joke is you consider them juggernauts. Try something like UGAY, LSU, BAMA, USCe all one after another.

They are also great in LaCrosse. I think Maryland won the Championship this year.
UVA actually beat MD in the finals, after MD knocked off Duke in the semis. Field hockey is about the same as is women's lacrosse other than Northwestern. The final 4 was all ACC and winner NW.

Agreed, it's unfair how teams that aren't favored by the schedulers have to play Western Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Kansas, and UNC in their first four games.

UNC is going to be a critical game for us. With a new C/QB/BB exchange that kicks everything off in our offense each play....they will go against the best DL they will face all year in NFL Top 3 pick Quinton Coples and Top 10 pick Dontae Paige-Moss...and projected NFL picks at DT in Tydreke Powell, Jordan Nix...and now newcomer JUCO All-American DT Sylvester Williams. We have to hope those guys are not playing with a lot of fire because of all of the happenings up there. Also of note, LB Zach Brown is a projected 1st round NFL pick.

A win against UNC in that game could set us up nicely.

I didn't say we were being treated unfairly. But we aren't a superior program either. It would not be earth-shaking for us to go 2-2 thru that opening run. VPI lost to James Madison, so it happens. But you could rearrange our 12 games in a hundred different ways and not have a gauntlet like Texas, LSU, Alabama, FSU. Unless and until the ACC powers up a bit we never will have to worry about playing four or five bona fide toughies in a row.

The ACC is actually most dominant in men's and women's soccer...usually putting 5 or 6 teams in the national Top 10...and the entire conference save one or two in the Top 25.

Tech doesn't even field a team.

GTFO.

UNC is going to be a critical game for us. With a new C/QB/BB exchange that kicks everything off in our offense each play....they will go against the best DL they will face all year in NFL Top 3 pick Quinton Coples and Top 10 pick Dontae Paige-Moss...and projected NFL picks at DT in Tydreke Powell, Jordan Nix...and now newcomer JUCO All-American DT Sylvester Williams. We have to hope those guys are not playing with a lot of fire because of all of the happenings up there. Also of note, LB Zach Brown is a projected 1st round NFL pick.

A win against UNC in that game could set us up nicely.

No way we start off 4-0 now...especially after that thread was started 2 days ago. smh

Back