Wes Durham...

The simple fact that Mr. Durham keeps up with this website , as evidenced by his reply- is more than enough to show he's a Tech man-- in addition to his comprehensive outstanding body of work.

Watch half the videos in the 'hate week armory' and tell me Wes Durham isn't a tech fan.

GTFO

This.

Wes is a pro. One of the best I've ever heard. Prepared like nobody's business.

Nothing is more awesome than tuning into a tv broadcast and finding out Wes is calling our game. Like the good ol days.

So can we lock this thread now that its clear its 1000 to 1 that Wes was clearly great for us?

law_bee:

I'm back...I guess to defend myself...again.

Which part of the interview with Mark Packer on SiriusXM didn't you like?

The part where I said that Tech has only won the game 12 times since 1968.

Or maybe it was the part where I said that regardless of the season Georgia Tech has had, some fans only judge success of a season on whether or not Tech beats Georgia.

I loved my 18-years with Georgia Tech, and the relationships from it that will last forever. Whether I was a "homer" or not, I tried to do a job that would make all Tech fans proud of their tremendous radio history, which includes great men like Al Ciraldo, Brad Nessler, Kim King and others. Hopefully I was successful...but if I wasn't enough of a "homer" for you, then I guess I'll have to get over that at some point in my career.

Have a good Turkey Day...good luck in Athens and the next week in Charlotte. Maybe I'll see you there. Would like to have this discussion in-person one day.

And the Thread Win goes to ...

Wes Durham!

And thanks to Wes for reminding me just how blessed Tech fans have been to have had Al, Kim King, Brad Nessler and of course Wes over the years. I wouldn't trade them for anybody. Not even Pete, Skip and Ernie. Or Deckerhoff, who's pretty stinking good.

So can we lock this thread now that its clear its 1000 to 1 that Wes wats clearly great for us?

I don't know. If we keep it at the top, then we can use it as a warning to all travelers to StingTalk that law bee is a dumbass and to pay him no mind.

law_bee:

Or maybe it was the part where I said that regardless of the season Georgia Tech has had, some fans only judge success of a season on whether or not Tech beats Georgia.

I loved my 18-years with Georgia Tech, and the relationships from it that will last forever. Whether I was a "homer" or not, I tried to do a job that would make all Tech fans proud of their tremendous radio history, which includes great men like Al Ciraldo, Brad Nessler, Kim King and others. Hopefully I was successful...but if I wasn't enough of a "homer" for you, then I guess I'll have to get over that at some point in my career.

Have a good Turkey Day...good luck in Athens and the next week in Charlotte. Maybe I'll see you there. Would like to have this discussion in-person one day.

Not all of us legal types agree Wes (if that is you, hope it is).

You fully belong with the previously mentioned greats, without doubt, and we were blessed to have you. The biggest compliment we can give is that games just aren't / weren't the same without you - I know I'm not the only one on here who played the radio instead of TV announcers when watching the game, or who brought a walkman in to the games to listen to your play by play. We wish you the best in everything you do, but not so secretly hope that every game you cover is a GT game.

I posted a few years ago that I thought Wes was not enough of a HOMER when he was our radio guy. He actually came on stingtalk to defend himself.

I have heard him a few times on ch. 91 xm and his comments are a little too impartial IMO (even when he was calling our games).

I am glad he has moved on and I like Brandon better. Brandon may be faking it but that is ok if it is believable.

When I listen to a GT announcer I want him to sound like a fan.

WD's comments bout GT/ugag game were irritating.

Tough Day for the Durham haters!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The older ST'rs will appreciate that.

law_bee:

It was the Pack interview and the "only 12 wins since 1968"

why not include the fact that during that period when both teams are ranked in top 20 GT has won them all.

Thanks Wes....listening to the clips it probably was "sour grapes" on my part

thanks for the 18 years and I wish you all the best

law_bee:

you're talking to a jackass who chastised those who were unhappy with Gailey. Yet the guy has an apparent problem with you. Priorities.

I posted a few years ago that I thought Wes was not enough of a HOMER when he was our radio guy. He actually came on stingtalk to defend himself.

I have heard him a few times on ch. 91 xm and his comments are a little too impartial IMO (even when he was calling our games).

I am glad he has moved on and I like Brandon better. Brandon may be faking it but that is ok if it is believable.

When I listen to a GT announcer I want him to sound like a fan.

WD's comments bout GT/ugag game were irritating.
[y]j95kNwZw8YY[/y]

It was the Pack interview and the "only 12 wins since 1968"

why not include the fact that during that period when both teams are ranked in top 20 GT has won them all.

That's wrong, we lost in 2005.

Back