Wes gets fulltime show on 790

Chuck Smith

Damn Good Rat
Starting tomorrow Wes will have a fulltime show with Tony Barnhart from 10-1.

This instantly becomes the best show on the station.

This is beyond awesome.....and I stand corrected. I didn't think there was ANY WAY these two could dedicate this much time to a 5-day gig during football season! And, tbh, I based that on the response I personally got from Wes a few years ago when I suggested it. ;-)

Is this for football season only?

I heard the announcement and I don't think they said that specifically (although Barnhart made a comment wtte "as we learned this summer college football is a 12 month/year" sport).

This is beyond awesome.....and I stand corrected. I didn't think there was ANY WAY these two could dedicate this much time to a 5-day gig during football season! And, tbh, I based that on the response I personally got from Wes a few years ago when I suggested it. ;-)

They must have showed him the money.

That's awesome. Chuck and Chernoff will have competition for a whole hour now.

Wes seems like a nice guy. I wish he wasn't so good ol' boyish, but whatever.

If he doesn't have the hollywood minute and what people wore this weekend segment then I'm in (which I know he won't). I think Wes will be a huge success at this, I wish him well.

This now becomes not just the best show on 790 (like that takes a lot) but the show in Atlanta sports talk radio (also, like that takes a lot).

Wes is perfect IMHO and he balances Barnhart's pro-SEC bias.

Let's see how long Wes can hold his nose dealing with Barnhart's SEC bombast. On ESPN, you need a stopwatch to time how fast Barnhart blurts out "SEC" when he comes on. Its almost always less than 10 seconds, even if the host asks him a question about Ohio State.

But at least Wes can offer a reasonable counterpoint and throw in something about the ACC from time to time.

Chuck and chernoff still better.. But I will tune in fo sho.

'Industry' Knowledge: Wes & Tony
Contacts/guests: Wes & Tony
Analysis: Chuck & Chernoff
Humor: Chuck & Chernoff
I'd put Chuck's "industry knowledge" up against anyone's. Dude is a football savant.

Wes & Tony will have a good show, can't wait to listen to it.

I'd put Chuck's "industry knowledge" up against anyone's. Dude is a football savant.

Wes & Tony will have a good show, can't wait to listen to it.

To clarify, when I say industry knowledge, I'm talking about bigger picture stuff like NCAA & BCS inner workings, etc. Aside from being on the CFA bowl selection committee, I'm not sure how much Oliver is actively involved in those sorts of things.

rofl.

"Auburn will run the ball all over Georgia Tech. There's no way Georgia Tech can handle the big offensive linemen of Auburn."

rofl.

"Auburn will run the ball all over Georgia Tech. There's no way Georgia Tech can handle the big offensive linemen of Auburn."
lol, hey everybody a guy made a prediction and got it wrong!

and btw, I was a student at Tech for the Auburn game in 2003. Nobody thought we were going to win.

This gets my attention. Wes still doing Falcon's games? Wow.

Should be a good show.

lol, hey everybody a guy made a prediction and got it wrong!

and btw, I was a student at Tech for the Auburn game in 2003. Nobody thought we were going to win.

He was also a big believer that 2008 would be a long, bad year for us. I don't like when people whine about _______ disliking Team A or having big bias for Team B. Oliver is an Auburn guy and never shows bias against Alabama. And I like his show, love listening to him. It's just always seemed to me that he's not fond of us somehow. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, you won't be able to pull me away from Wes/Tony. And Chernoff smacks his mouth way too much.

Back