Wes, where is the "home cooking"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I watching Wes and 3 idiots on that CSS sports idiot roundtable.

The three idiots (shultz, rudy, and that loser that hosts the show) started railing on Tech being picked 8th.

Shultz- Tech will win 3
rudy- Tech BAD team
other idiot- he is still teary eyed b/c someone said Richt may be going to F$U

Wes's response was "don't think we will finish 8th" and it was very unequivical.

What was my expectation from the "voice" of the Yellow Jackets?

CG has got a plan and many will be VERY surprised this year (even if Wes does not believe this).

Why should he do that? B/C that is what OTHER announcers do

When Ugag was being hammered it sounded like someone was ripping Munsons's heart out.

I know Wes is a great game announcer, however he is a LOT light on the "home cooking." IMO

Sounda like ole Wes needs some spine soup with courage crackers
drinking.gif

Spine Soup and Courage Crackers...I look for that on the menu next time I eat out.

See you in Provo...

alright I want to know WHO called Wes and told him there was a post about him?

I find it difficult to believe he is living on Stingtalk 24/7 w/o posting.

who is the culprit?

I love it how we bash other members of the media for being UGa or SEC homers, expecting them to be more "unbiased." Then when one of our guys isn't a complete and total homer (he did stick up for Tech) he gets bashed too.

Can't have it both ways.

Originally posted by kirbee:
I love it how we bash other members of the media for being UGa or SEC homers, expecting them to be more "unbiased." Then when one of our guys isn't a complete and total homer (he did stick up for Tech) he gets bashed too.

Can't have it both ways.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MEMBER OF THE MEDIA?

Has someone called Larry Munson a MEMBER of the media?

WES is the VOICE of the YELLOW JACKETS!

He aint working for the AJC.

We NEED a HOMER announcing our games! Maybe that is not his way then I know some fans that can help him out in that department.

If he wants to be objective then I think he should get an objective job.

Munson is always doom and gloom about the Dawgs. I like it that way. I'd rather have an announcer that lays low, it is good for your karma.

Has someone called Larry Munson a MEMBER of the media?

WES is the VOICE of the YELLOW JACKETS!

He aint working for the AJC.

We NEED a HOMER announcing our games! Maybe that is not his way then I know some fans that can help him out in that department.

If he wants to be objective then I think he should get an objective job.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My bad, I forgot Wes was calling a GT game when the comments were made!
rolleyes.gif

Is your point that he ONLY wears the GT hat when he is calling the games?

this post was not made for the purpose of disrespecting Wes

for the record I want to state that I think Wes is a fantastic annoucer and we are lucky to have him, HOWEVER WES I want some HOME COOKING!

Originally posted by Wes Durham:
Spine Soup and Courage Crackers...I look for that on the menu next time I eat out.

See you in Provo...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL! this is too funny.

Wes .. you're great at what you do. don't leave us when the job opens up somewhere else ...

Originally posted by law_bee:

who is the culprit?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">damn Law, this goes to show the popularity of stingtalk doesn't it?

this board has definitely grown in it's outreach.

i think that that equates to a lil bit of added responsibility upon the shoulders of the posters.

I agree with Wes - you say "Don't think that'll be the case".

Then when we pull out the Hob Nail boots this year, he should not-so-politely throw it in their faces DAILY.

We should ALL write down that Schultz sez we will win 3.

When we win 4, remind the punk.

When we win 5, remind him again.

When we win 6, 7, 8, ... you get the picture.

Man, I would love to be a S-A and tell these guys where they can put it. I would absolutely ream them a new one when they came in the locker room. PR be damned - they already hate us.

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
I agree with Wes - you say "Don't think that'll be the case".

Then when we pull out the Hob Nail boots this year, he should not-so-politely throw it in their faces DAILY.

We should ALL write down that Schultz sez we will win 3.

When we win 4, remind the punk.

When we win 5, remind him again.

When we win 6, 7, 8, ... you get the picture.

Man, I would love to be a S-A and tell these guys where they can put it. I would absolutely ream them a new one when they came in the locker room. PR be damned - they already hate us.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">exactly TIAR,B. i hope someone is reminding the student athletes that people like coleman rudolph think that we cudn't beat auburn with 15 on the field and that our win against NC St last year was a miracle, or better put, a fluke.

if our freshmen can play to the level we are hoping and if injuries don't hit us, we will definitely be a better team than last year, even after figuring in the losses due to academics.

2 BIG IFs. we'll see.

Originally posted by kirbee:

Can't have it both ways.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">kirbee,

I don't bash Munson for being a homer and I can't recall any posting here where he or any other college team announcers have (frankly, I don't think any have been worthy of even discussing).

Al Ciraldo was a huge homer, Wes could use a bit more of that soup, chow down Wes.

Wes, even if your career were to take you elsewhere later in life, no one will fault you for being a homer while you are here.

Good grief, guys.

Wes, you're doing fine. You're one of the best play-by-play guys I've ever heard, you've got a nice sense of humor, you're gentlemanly, you work almost seamlessly with Kim, you give the devil (our opponents) their due, and there is no doubt you're calling the game for a Tech audience. Maybe a more sophisticated audience than is represented by some in this thread, but definitely a Tech audience.

Thanks for the great job you do!

OK - now that we have called out poor ole Wes - let's move on to the heavyweights. Nothing against Wes but let's go after the big boys. Law - feel like calling out the strength and conditioning coach or our supposedly weak DTs
smile.gif

Now that would be a thread worth watching - and maybe we could get a nice face to face on that one
smile.gif

Does go to show that you never can count on who is watching/reading and who might show up when least expected. And whether a recruit/player might be reading and not just bother to respond.

Caveat, I didn't see the show but imho Mr Durham presents GT in the best possible light at all times. His fellow panelists are UGAg apologists for the most part so as my Grandmother once told me "Be nice in mixed company"
pat.gif
drinking.gif

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Good grief, guys.

Wes, you're doing fine. You're one of the best play-by-play guys I've ever heard, you've got a nice sense of humor, you're gentlemanly, you work almost seamlessly with Kim, you give the devil (our opponents) their due, and there is no doubt you're calling the game for a Tech audience. Maybe a more sophisticated audience than is represented by some in this thread, but definitely a Tech audience.

Thanks for the great job you do!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bellyseries,

I don't think Wes was hammered too badly. Here is a sum of the "negatives", and about 50% said positives:

Law-bee:

"Wes's response was "don't think we will finish 8th" and it was very unequivical.

What was my expectation from the "voice" of the Yellow Jackets?

CG has got a plan and many will be VERY surprised this year (even if Wes does not believe this).

I know Wes is a great game announcer, however he is a LOT light on the "home cooking." IMO"

Gnats67:

"Wes is top notch but he's not the biggest GT homer you'll ever find. He often pays a visit to Nashville (ex Vandy announcer) sports talk radio and he's very "objective" when it comes to TECH."

Law-Bee:

"this post was not made for the purpose of disrespecting Wes

for the record I want to state that I think Wes is a fantastic annoucer and we are lucky to have him, HOWEVER WES I want some HOME COOKING!"

I bet Wes would be more than willing to let us trade places with Braine next time Wes is due for the ole performance appraisal.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by law_bee:

who is the culprit?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">damn Law, this goes to show the popularity of stingtalk doesn't it?
this board has definitely grown in it's outreach.

i think that that equates to a lil bit of added responsibility upon the shoulders of the posters.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wes was probably just swinging by to see what I had to say today, ylo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back