We've beaten no one

gtloyal

Looking to the future
Clemson = 2-3 (1-2 in ACC)
FSU = 2-4 (0-3 in ACC)
Miss St. = 2-4 (1-2 in SEC)
UNC = 4-2 (0-2 in ACC)
Jax. St. = 4-2 (0-2 vs. FBS)

I'm just stating the facts. Here's our chance to beat someone.

Which of those teams is the most likely to go on a run and look like a good win at the end of the year?

Which of those teams is the most likely to go on a run and look like a good win at the end of the year?

FSU. Now that their season is ruined and they have nothing but respect to play for, I think the pressure subsides and they play some good football. Lord knows they have the talent. They remind me exactly of last year's Clemson team. The parallels are uncanny.

that is what i am scared of. That is why people don't take Ga tech seriously because every time we get a chance to beat someone good, we don't. Except for UGAy but even statistically we should have won sometime soon. Look at the record. If we would have beat LSU last year it would have been a different story. If we do win then we will start getting our national recognition. I hope we do win. If not then we are just going to the toilet bowl.

FSU = 2-4 (0-3 in ACC)
UNC = 4-2 (0-2 in ACC)

I understand your point. But you can say the same thing for many teams in the top 25 at this point in the season. Look at the #2/3 team in the country, Texas.

Colorado (1-4)
UTEP
Louisiana Monroe
Wyoming
Texas Tech

WOW what a record!!

yeah and the only team of substance that we've played was Miami who we lost to... bad... now VT is coming to town, and I thought that it would be a win at the start of the season, but it's not looking too good now...

oh yeah I agree. The only team who passed their tough games and now will get easier for them is miami u

oh yeah I agree. The only team who passed their tough games and now will get easier for them is miami u

Yeah, (based on preseason expectations) what originally looked like the "easy" part of our schedule is not looking so easy any more. We knew VT would be a challenge but they may even be tougher than expected. UVA (apologies wombat) is not looking like a guaranteed win and it really never should have since it's in Scott Stadium. Vandy may actually be as bad as we thought. Duke and Wake can throw the ball around (and we can't seem to stop it). UGA is about where I expected them to be - you can't lose an NFL QB and RB, have no apparent improvement on a bad defense and expect to be even the same team (much less, a better team). But they're still UGA.

UVA has a decent defense but should not be a problem IMO. Wake is terrible. Duke gave VThug a decent game but I do not know how much of that was VThug taking them lightly. Duke can throw the ball though.

No doubt about it, the facts are the facts. But . . . . we have played horrendously on occasion early on. We have played without intensity early on. Every week goes by with improvement --and I think a better understanding by the players of what is expected of them and what it takes to prepare to win. Have we been fortunate have some teams that have permitted us to play less than stellar and still win? Absolutely. But we getting better with every quarter we play.

This VT game is looking tough. They are strong on special teams and defense, two areas of our team that are atrocious. If we can somewhat contain Tyrod Taylor, and get some decent pressure from our front 4, we have a shot. We do get Anthony Eg back at least.

Not to be a negative nancy, but I just really hope we don't get blown out for our Homecoming game.

Our special teams aren't that bad. Kickoff coverage looked better against FSU, our kickoff returns have been decent. We've been just fine on both sides of the punt I think. Only big issue is field goals. O, and why the hell is our back up QB on the hands team? No complaints, it's just really weird.

I agree with this thread. We have not beaten a top tier team. And by top tier I mean someone who ends up in the top 25 by years end.

FSU = 2-4 (0-3 in ACC)
UNC = 4-2 (0-2 in ACC)

Can't argue that. All we can do is continue to win the games we're supposed to win, plus one or two were aren't supposed to win. Do that and I'm happy.

UVA has a decent defense but should not be a problem IMO. Wake is terrible. Duke gave VThug a decent game but I do not know how much of that was VThug taking them lightly. Duke can throw the ball though.

"should not be a problem"

My gosh. What is our record up there since 90? They are starting to play now like they did the last few years when they started slow and then beat us both times.

We can lose to every team left that we play. Every one.

And we can beat them all as well.

But please let us not start this talk based on how they have played so far, or by comparing any scores.

I agree with this thread. We have not beaten a top tier team. And by top tier I mean someone who ends up in the top 25 by years end.

Well you know that you are right on this, but how do the rest of us possibly know this to be true?

Back