What a mess in recruiting. Bad karma

GT Ace "rarely offer an opinion" on anything except for position coaching as he himself states in one of his posts in this thread.

here is one of his rare opinions on Tech recruiting. No harm in opining and to each his own opinion too.

however the following is more than just an opinion, it is a conclusion. care to expain how you reach this conclusion GT Ace?

"Folks we are definitely well into our 'B' & 'C' lists. We are down to recruiting kids that have little or no chance to win the ACC. "

this is your quote in the following thread

GT Ace's opinion on who we are recruiting

have you seen this kid? have you seen him take a snap? our staff has which is why he has been offered an official visit.

care to explain how you reached the conclusion that we have reached our B and C list of athletes with little of no chance of winning the ACC

how did you reach such a lofty conclusion? because you could not find information about this kid on the internet?

please explain.

EDIT: folks don't bother to follow that link as Mr. Ace has already edited his remarks and removed them.

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Aaaargh, don't tell me that. He's one of our better ones. Just had to stir up this 'MESS' even more, didn't u? This could really add a 'mess' to the rest of the 'mess'. Hope BoR doesn't see this 'mess' & get on about posting it. Just teasing, don't anybody get tense.
grin.gif

Btw, Contact, I reckon u missed the point of the 'winking' post.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, my PC is acting up today - it's picking and choosing which smilies to display - unfortunately, it chose not to display any of your "winks".

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GT Ace:
Contact,
U don't have enough information to state it's a 'mess' the way information is being distributed this yr. For all u know, or any of us knows, the information distribution could be at an all time high. What right do u have to call our system of the way information is distributed a 'mess'? Why don't u wait until absolutely all information about recruiting is wrapped up sometime in late Feb before u put forth your opinion that our distribtion of it is a 'mess'?
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did I not address that very question by saying:

If our list of signed players looks the same as our current list of commitments then we can look back and say there were problems with recruting - If Dave Wilson and the recruiting gurus are correct in saying that we've gotten a full complement of commitments, then we can be pleasantly surprised and look back and realize that our worries were unfounded.

I find it hard to believe that we would be turning some of the 2nd tier recruits away unless what we're hearing is true - that we are at (or near) full complement and the recruits just aren't speaking up yet. Regardless, neither of us will be proven right/wrong until signing day.

Side note: just to stir up the chicken little in all of us - there is now a "hot news" headline questioning Wrotto's commitment to GT. Is there really an issue or is BorderWars.com playing on our collective chicken little conscience to increase membership sales?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's firm said he really enjoyed his vist!!!!!!

Btw, here is Barrelorum's 1st answer to this post. Who is he agreeing with?

there is a TON of bad karma going around this recruiting season more than past years.

1.) We have a local RB that we previously wanted and he listed us at the top, who all of the sudden is NO longer considering us because "We are full at RB". Full?? We have 1 commit that we know of and we're not looking at anyone better than Choice right now. We are very thin at the RB position already. That makes little to no sense why you don't give the ship to a local kid. The only thing that WOULD make sense is if we have a silent commit from another stud RB. I think we would have heard by now who that might be.

2.) We're in desperate need of Cover Corners. We don't recruit a talented local CB that was good friends and high school team mates with one of our best young players in Reuben Houston. This prospect also is an EXCELLENT student, but we don't even recruit him until it's too late. He ends up committing to Northwestern. This is peculiar.

3.) Again, desperate at DB's, There are 3 highschool teammates that are right in the inner city at Washington High school. One which is a Safety gives us a commit but now is still taking visits. The other two we cannot even give an official visit too. One is a talented CB who has passing scores. The other a LB. The DB is not sure if he'll even visit us, the LB knows already that we are not among his finalists. Makes absoutely NO sense.

4.) We are in desperate need of OLineman. The best recruit on the Offensive Line we have is Eddy Parker, who has been committed to us for a long time. All of the sudden, he wants to go visit a couple of other schools. What gives???

5.) We get a commit from a WR in Florida, who one minute says he's committed and the next specifically says he has not committed. These recruiting services you "don't give a fart about", will post only what is quoted to them. What gives??

6.) Again, knowing that we need offensive lineman there is a Huge prospect in Jacksonville Florida who loved Tech and had passing scores. He is highly touted by about everyone. We have yet to offer him a ship or have him coming for an official visit. Again, what's up with that???

I could go on, and if you want me to I will, but my point is this. There is way too much info out there fthat is pointing at some unusual recrutiing moves by this staff if it's not bad karma all together. It leaves us only to wonder about the other 50% we cannot see of read about.

fact of the matter is there is just way too many "why's" and "why nots" this recruiting year. Why not take the local kids? Why not recruit a local kid? Why not recruit a obvious talented OLineman? Why do we have more than one committed recruit who wants to look at other schools? This is extremely bothersome.

i understand the nerves. wait until 2/5.
1. what if he had his chance to commit. we needed an
answer. we moved on.
2. what if we have someone else in mind
3. what if he has passing scores for an sec school
for gt...not yet ( key words: not yet)
4. what if he went with a friend
5. what if he wanted a trip to chicago6. what if "everyone does not rate him that high".
which they don't.

relax

GT ACE, why are you trying to drag me down with you?

I told you my concerns are the same as yours, but unlike YOU, I'm not making stupid ass statements like:
"This recruting weekend is ruined"
"Recruiting is a mess"
"We're on our B and C list kids".
"These guys won't help us win the ACC."

You want me to go on or do you see my point?

I readily admit that I am concerned but I don't know squat about what's going on or the talent level of these kids. You are. On top of that you've been making one unfair statement on top of another for the last 2 days.

So like I said yesterday, but I obviously need to say again so it will sink into your thick head, EVERYONE has the same concerns you do. But we're not making assinine statements in the process that act like were doomed. We've heard you.

you've gone out on a limb and have burned your bridges, now you're trying to show how many people support you. We don't. I have the same concerns, but I DO NOT support your opinions at all. So shad up....

GTACE: Again, you put way too much emphasis on recruiting. You must be that old because I can remember some classes that seemed awful but turned out to be some of our best players ever. no offense, but you cry way too much about recruiting. Fact of the matter is this:
You have NO IDEA how good these kids are.

Say it with me,

YOU HAVE NO IDEA how good these kids are.
You have NO IDEA how good they are going to be.
Fact of the matter is you have no clue.

And by the way, Iowa had a darn good team this year and went to a BCS bowl. When was the last time they placed in the top 25 in recruting? Not recently.

Getting the right players in here that you can coach is the most important thing. So like I said, shad up.

A couple of comments:

1. Many times I have made my feelings clear on our coach. I did wait until the regular season was over before I made a strong statement. I was trying to hold my anger because I was afraid the players may read these posts and I wanted to keep them positive until the season was completely over. Unfortunately I only made it past the regular season. The EIA (Embarrassment In Athens) changed my mind.

2. I believe we should try and stay positive with our posts about recruiting. I know it is difficult but like players recruits may also read this board. After signing day, if the recruiting has not lived up to your expectations then it is open season on the staff. But not until then. We the fans need to protect our program to the fullest extent.

I think some people are going a little crazy about recruiting.

Aren't the rankings all about spin? For example, GT Ace mentions that we are doing no better than 6-7 in the ACC. Maybe by the star ranking process or some other ranking process we are doing no better than 5 or 6.

I could just as easily spin it that we are not done yet and have already received better verbals than a lot of the ACC schools.

How can I say this, doesn't rivals and borderwars say we are doing poorly?
pat.gif

But, consider this, Tech has received a verbal from the second highest rated QB in the ACC(Reggie Ball who is rated one below Clemson verbal CJ Gaddis).

Tech has received a verbal from a higher rated CB than any other ACC school (Roberson).

Tech has received a verbal from a higher rated RB than any other ACC school (Grant).

How will this help us win games next year? Not at all. But, rankings can be used to show that Tech is recruiting some highly talented guys relative to the other ACC schools and if coached properly we can contend for the ACC title and beat UGA. Rankings can also show that we are doing poorly. I guess it is just your perspective.

If we sign Johnson, Scott, Jackson, and/or some others it could be a nice class.

After all, according to the rankings, we already have a better QB, RB and CB than anyone else in the ACC including FSU, Maryland, NCSU and UVA!!

Lionel, Can't you tell by the rankings that we're doomed. I mean get with the program. We don't have anything to offer anyone at GT. We're not going to fill our 'ships. Recruiting is falling apart man.
lightningzap.gif

Of course I'm being sarcastic.
wink.gif

Go Jackets!!

i agree with you, we are recruiting football players that put us on par with kentucky and or boston college, middle of the road players that wont cut it in this conference anymore with the caliber of coaches in the acc.

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
i agree with you, we are recruiting football players that put us on par with kentucky and or boston college, middle of the road players that wont cut it in this conference anymore with the caliber of coaches in the acc.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gosh. Guess we'll just have to replace VMI in the Southern Conference.

Back