What decides a team’s W/L record?

If we have a decent pass rush like in the UNC game the secondary issues magically improve. Did a group have zero ints this year or was I misremembering a damning stat? That’s awful even with a poor pass rush.
Juanyeh had one against Duke (Charlie Thomas had the other two against KSU). There was also the return for a 2-pt conversion that doesn't count in the stats.

The highest percentage would be Revenue.

CFP era: teams with most appearances/revenue rank (FY19-20):

Alabama- 7, #5
Clemson- 6, #24
Ohio State- 4, #4
Oklahoma- 4, #6
Georgia- 2, #2
Notre Dame- 2, #8
Cincinnati- 1, INA (would have come in at #63)
Michigan- 1, #3
LSU- 1, #11
Washington- 1, #13
Michigan St- 1, #22
Oregon- 1, #18
Florida St- 1, #19

Failures: No CFP appearances, but top 20 revenue:

Texas- #1
Penn St- #7
Auburn- #9
Nebraska- #10
Florida- #12
Tennessee- #14
Wisconsin- #15
Iowa- #16
Texas A&M- #17
Arkansas- #20

In order to compete at a high level, Tech (#63 on the list) needs revenue, NIL's, and bag men.

interesting post.. methinks Alabama is only #5 because they have a high NIL expense

Coaching: 80%
QB: 10%
The rest of the team: 10%

Imagine if three years ago CGC went to Alabama and Nick Saban came here. Both teams had the exact same players they do now. This year we'd be at worst 10-2, probably 11-1. I don't know enough about Alabama's schedule this year but they wouldn't be in the CFP. Put another way, if you took the top ten coaches and the top fifty teams by player talent and you mixed them all up and came back in three years, the teams with the top ten coaches would be ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10.

Coaching: 80%
QB: 10%
The rest of the team: 10%

Imagine if three years ago CGC went to Alabama and Nick Saban came here. Both teams had the exact same players they do now. This year we'd be at worst 10-2, probably 11-1. I don't know enough about Alabama's schedule this year but they wouldn't be in the CFP. Put another way, if you took the top ten coaches and the top fifty teams by player talent and you mixed them all up and came back in three years, the teams with the top ten coaches would be ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10.
Where were all of Paul Johnson's top 15 ranks? Or did you not consider him a top 10 coach? He won titles at lower levels, and had about 50ish talent. Well?

Ed Orgeron lost Joe Burrow and Dabo Swinney didn't have another Watson/Lawrence waiting in the wings. Why couldn't they just "coach" the next guys up if coaching is 80%? Why did Les Miles win a natty at LSU then crash and burn at Kansas? Did he forget how to "coach" them all up with that 80% impact he has on the outcome? Ohhh, that's right. Heisman winners and multiple draft picks, the biggest indicator of success.

I've seen some legit mental gymnastics to hate on the coaching staff but yours might be good enough for the Special Olympics, champ

Number of wins: 50%
Number if losses: 50%

Back