What excuses do the CPJ lovers make now?

And with this defense, 38 pts is NOT enough. We have an alleged "offensive genius" as HC. Why did the Genius take out the red-hot Oliver with the game on the line???

lol

Plays on the drive you are complaining about taking TO out on:

Red hot TO: Run for 2 yards
Red hot TO: Run for 1 yard loss
Ice cold TM: Completion for 21 yards
Ice cold TM: Run for 7 yards
Ice cold TM: Run for 6 yards
Ice cold TM: Run for 1 yard
Ice cold TM: Run for 7 yards, fumble (not by Ice Cold TM)

Yeah, that QB switch really killed our production with the game on the line.

CPJ's offensive genius is the only thing that even kept us in the game. His inability to field even a mediocre special teams unit or defense is what lost it for us.

we lose by 10 to a commuter and give up 2 KO returns and no ones is that surprised.. pathetic state of our program rn

Why would any reasonable person be surprised by this?

This is the paradigm for 11 years, and will be for as long as CPJ is here. We could add $2,000,000,000.00 in football only facilities and not one thing would change under CPJ.

lol

Plays on that drive.

Red hot TO: Run for 2 yards
Red hot TO: Run for 1 yard loss
Ice cold TM: Completion for 21 yards
Ice cold TM: Run for 7 yards
Ice cold TM: Run for 1 yard
Ice cold TM: Run for 7 yards, fumble (not by Ice Cold TM)

Yeah, that QB switch really killed our production with the game on the line.

How many more points did we score after TM went back in?

Pretty much this. If trajectory is upward this year, nobody has anything to complain about. If it's downward, iiwii.

Frustrating loss, but this game is only a tipping point for the histrionic.
The trajectory can still be up. We still have a relatively young team and we are developing a win behind Marshall. This year can still be fun and we can still have great years after this one.

My excuse is that the whiny öööös on this board are bad luck. If they killed themselves, we wouldn't have any of these problems. See, you may think guys like RW92 only show up when things are bad but it's the other way around. The helium method is easy and effective, take the big one for the team. Once you're dead, if the team doesn't play better, then we'll know you were right and we can talk about a change at head coach.

thanks?

How many more points did we score after TM went back in?

Zero. But he asked why he took out the Red Hot Oliver with the game on the line. The answer is that it's because the Red Hot Oliver was in third and long, and he felt that TM would be more likely to complete a long pass -- which he did. Then I guess he left him in because he felt that TM would be able to drive us down the field -- which he did, until Searcy funb

Obviously we didn't score after that. Who know, maybe Oliver would have hit the long pass and then drove us down the field for a TD. Or maybe he would have been able to lead us in a two minute drill. But I think it's really silly to criticize CPJ's offensive choices in a game where we gained 698 yard and scored 38 points, and specifically to criticize him for putting in TM on a drive where TM promptly completed a long pass and orchestrated a drive down the field.

We lost this game because of CPJ. No doubt about it. But it wasn't because of his offense, which was once again prolific.

So the O scoring 0 pts when we needed it to - not CPJ's fault?
Taking hot-handed Oliver out for dismal TQ - not CPJ's fault?
Ignoring ST coaching - not CPJ's fault?

The likely 3-win season we're facing - not CPJ's fault?
1) We put up 600+ yards of offense. We punted twice the entire game.
2) Marshall had almost 300 yards of total offense and Johnson's decision to put him in to pass WORKED.
3) Can't argue with this one. Defense and ST have been way too bad for way too long.

Nobody's saying CPJ should be immune from criticism. You just look dumb when you direct it at his offensive scheme or decisions.

So the O scoring 0 pts when we needed it to - not CPJ's fault?
Taking hot-handed Oliver out for dismal TQ - not CPJ's fault?
Ignoring ST coaching - not CPJ's fault?

The likely 3-win season we're facing - not CPJ's fault?
Hot handed Oliver? He played great but we were at 3rd and long and needed a completion.

PJ put in TM and we got... a completion.

Geez. Don’t be an idiot.

But yes, it’s PJ’s fault for Special Teams. He sucks at it. He’s not good at defense either. BUT, we’ve always had a hard time at defense because we’ve always had a hard time competitively recruiting.

But I’ll take PJ over anyone else that I’m aware of that we can get to sign with us

Do you think Searcy would've held onto the ball if it was Oliver ten yards behind him instead of Marshall? Or are you saying that it was the wrong call giving it to Searcy in the first place, and that we wouldn't have been pitching it if Oliver went back in?
I don’t think Qua picks that first up if he doesn’t put the ball on the ground and he knew it, so he got a little careless. And I don’t think Oliver would have been pitching.

That said, we had a chance on the next series and Paul stuck with Taquan, and I think that was a mistake. Unless Johnson saw something he could exploit in their coverage, he should have stayed on the ground with Oliver.

Back