What excuses do the CPJ lovers make now?

I for one would like to see if Charlie Strong could up our recruiting here. I bet he could recruit the ATL area like a champ.
What ranked class he just get in Tampa?

How about Louisville?
Good enough to get him a job at Texas, where he had much better players than he would EVER have at GT but still had 3 losing seasons in a row and got fired.

Good enough to get him a job at Texas, where he had much better players than he would EVER have at GT but still had 3 losing seasons in a row and got fired.
Herman has done no better. There’s an attitude problem at Texas. Also, kicked our ass today with crappier recruiting classes

And that DC deserves more than one game to be evaluated by, right?

No doubt. But give me a ööööing break. We should be able to ööööing beat a non-P5 program. We should DEFINITELY be able to hold on to beat a non-P5 program when we have a 10 point ööööing lead in the 4th quarter. I am totally done with PJ and if he's next year's HC I'm not renewing, I'm not buying flex pack, etc. Unless he beats Clemson, Miami, and UGA this year.

No doubt. But give me a ööööing break. We should be able to ööööing beat a non-P5 program. We should DEFINITELY be able to hold on to beat a non-P5 program when we have a 10 point ööööing lead in the 4th quarter. I am totally done with PJ and if he's next year's HC I'm not renewing, I'm not buying flex pack, etc. Unless he beats Clemson, Miami, and UGA this year.
The non-P5 thing is kinda silly. USF is probably better than UNC, Duke, Virginia, and Syracuse, and maybe FSU and Pitt right now. Yet losing to any of those teams would not elicit this type of reaction.

You can give up on the team if you want. I'm going to actually give them a chance and then evaluate CPJ at the end of the season. If he doesn't do enough to redeem himself, then so be it.

The non-P5 thing is kinda silly. USF is probably better than UNC, Duke, Virginia, and Syracuse, and maybe FSU and Pitt right now. Yet losing to any of those teams would not elicit this type of reaction.

You can give up on the team if you want. I'm going to actually give them a chance and then evaluate CPJ at the end of the season. If he doesn't do enough to redeem himself, then so be it.

Good plan

The P5 distinction is one created by the P5 schools and supported by the media. AAC had two wins over the ACC and one over the PAC 12 today. One of the problems we face is that there are so many schools competing well that were not playing big time football years ago. UCF and USF are great examples.

Last two years have been 68 and 58, even with 11 and 10 win seasons.
But USF puts a lot of guys into the NFL. We used to put guys into the league too with class rankings that low, but apparently a 50th ranked CPJ class has no future pros? It also goes to show you there's not much difference between the 40th ranked class and the 80th. There's so much variance in three-star recruits that ranking is pretty meaningless after a certain threshold.

wut unrealistic

We didn't pass a single time and USF had figured out whatever we were doing. And 3rd and 8 is difficult if the defense knows for sure you won't pass.

That drive went down the field, like Oliver's drives did, until the fumble happened. Next drive was a holding call. With CPJ apparently having very little faith in Oliver's passing (he's only a RS Freshman), a holding call would have been difficult for Oliver to dig out of.

Back