What games will we win?

It appears SOMEONE has us going 0 and 12.

I think either SSDAWG or one of those new BYU posters have us losing all the games.

Oops! I had temporary dyslexia when doing the poll, and I chose the teams we would lose to instead of the teams we would beat.

So, it looks like we will win 3 games this year: FSU, Maryland, and UGA
smile.gif

Sorry bout that

Am I reading this thing right? 98% think we'll beat FSU? Where y'all buying your crack? Meanwhile only 60% think we'll beat uga? UGAG is BETTER than FSU? Has everybody been doing like BeerNutts?

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Am I reading this thing right? 98% think we'll beat FSU? Where y'all buying your crack? Meanwhile only 60% think we'll beat uga? UGAG is BETTER than FSU? Has everybody been doing like BeerNutts?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which poll are you looking at? These are the numbers on this poll. Looks like FSU is at 24% a

08/31 VANDERBILT 98% (44)
09/07 UConn 98% (44)
09/14 Clemson 73% (33)
09/21 BRIGHAM YOUNG 89% (40)
09/28 North Carolina 80% (36)
10/05 WAKE FOREST 98% (44)
10/17 Maryland 69% (31)
10/26 VIRGINIA (Homecoming) 96% (43)
11/02 NC State 78% (35)
11/09 FLORIDA STATE 24% (11)
11/16 DUKE 98% (44)
11/30 Ugag 60% (27)

This is my first time,please be gentle, not a Tech grad but fan, is that OK? Got a Psch degree at Georgia State,
rolleyes.gif
now have a Job in I/T go figure. I have the Jackets going 9-3, we lose to UNC, F$U and Ugag.

I HATE GEORGIA!

Your signature gets you in this door, GSUJacket, welcome aboard. Course, you're wrong on UNC and UGAG.

Honestly, it's been a while since I voted and I don't remember who I picked us to lose to.

I think 10-2 is a distinct possibility with our talent, if we stay relatively healthy.

I think that our season will hinge on a few key games, most notably at Clemson/Maryland and our home games with FSU/BYU.

Then, we have the dreaded Dawgs. I think most UGA people have us penciled as a win for them. But that game is so late in the season, that I can't see that far ahead. If we stay relatively healthy, I see that game as a virtual toss-up.

If we had kept the Seattle Bowl staff, then I would have predicted 10-2 at the very worst.
Since we have a new staff headed by someone who has never coached a Division 1 game, my optimism is somewhat tempered. But due to the fact that we got lucky and kept Coach O'Brien, and hoping that Buck is smart enough to leave him alone, and with the tremendous talent that Coach O'leary left us, I think we should still be able to go 10-2 in spite of Buck. The travesty of this mediocre hire will not fully begin to reveal itself until year 3.
Let's hope so anyway.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

In 'Buck's Resume (we have) To Trust

I don't know where people are getting a loss to UNC from. I guess we could slip up and lose by playing poorly but it surley won't be b/c UNC is going to be anywhere close to good this year. I have them finishing just ahead of Duke. The buzz out of Durham in fact, is that this is the best chance Duke has had to take Carolina. They are very young and have lost their D-Coordinator (thanks Tenuta). Not to say they won't be back, they're recruiting is going really well, but that won't help em this year.

GO JACKETS!!!

Honestly I have no idea about this team. This team could go either way IMO. There are some reasons to think we should be great and reasons to doubt that. Tech could lose to anyone or beat anyone on the schedule. It just all depends. For the record I think we will lose one or two many think we will win (like the Carolinas) and beat one team many think we will lose (FSU or UGA).

Back