What if only positives were posted from a 7-6,

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
losing to Fresno, finishing 4-4 in ACC, losing 11 straight to FSU, blasted by in state rival, only 6 outta 21 home state recruits, meandering recruiting philosophy, coaching changes, RC changes, no offensive coordinator, no clear cut QB candidate(talk of starting a true Fr), & HC that won't talk to the media, type of season?
There sure wouldn't be many posts & what would you think of that board? Is it allowing all thoughts of all fans to be represented? Or culling down? Would it be helpful to the fans or make them very skeptical? Would it be helpful to potential recruits or make them very skeptical?
Wouldn't U think U were on a Vanderbilt or Duke board? Wouldn't U think they were pathetic, apethetic, non caring football fans? Wouldn't U be asking where is the true information?
If U want truly nice football posting boards, why not visit Duke's? If a truly nice board reflects what recruits U get & the type team on the field, then Duke should play for the Nat'l Championship & garner every major recruit in the SE, right?
How can anyone say that Cunningham, i.e., got bad vibes from our boards & didn't come here, while NOT saying that Scott & Grant, i.e., must've gotten good vibes from our boards & came here? How could Zook have turned in the #1 or #2 recruiting class with NOTHING but acid dripping from their boards? How could Tuberville rebuild Auburn with NOTHING but acid dripping from their boards?
Conclusion: There is absolutely nothing wrong with Stingtalk or the Hive!!!!!!!

I haven't seen anyone say Cunningham didn'tcome her because of message board posts. Maybe someone else did. What I said is that he said it was part of what he considered in making a decision. He didn't say anything specific about Tech so for all I know he was talking about OK or somebody else.

I also don't think think there is anything wrong with dialog about what different people think is wron with the program. What I don't like is personal attacks, especially on players and recruits, and unfounded declarations stated as fact that are patently untrue. And there are many on these boards. If it's your opinion say so and don't make up facts to back it up.

Although I said that I would not post again on this board because of all the negatives posted, I feel I must respond to GTAce. I must assume that you read all the messages on the Fla, Aub and other boards that you in fact know about all the negatives posted there. Having lived in Alabama until the last 2 months I know that there were many negatives posted there about Tub. I also know that the news papers in that state reported that Tub was well liked by most everyone. NCJacket is correct in his statements about he did not state fact only what was reported else where. I was not happy with the debacle either in Athens or San Jose but I also remember other coaches who had their own debacles. I remember Bill C. with only one win. So lets cool the retaric(sp) and get to the real problems at Tech. The GOD (to many here) GoL left with the cupboard almost bare. CG came in late and had to hit the ground running and he started the race from behind to the point he could not catch up. He was saddled with coaches he probably didn't want nor desired. Now that they are gone if next season and the season after that he does not produce at the flats then it's time to reconsider his tenure. I do not for one minute feel that DB will let things get to the point of BL and he will make the changes necessary but it may not be to the liking of anyone either here or on the Hive.

Give me back my reply button!

We've all got our opinions and we do pretty well expressing them considering this is an imb for crying out loud.

My Dad comes to mind. He's a bona fide sports fan and offers good critical analysis but I've always thought he was prone to the "dark side." He always starts grousing before I do and if things are going South he wants to beat the traffic and yet I still believe he's a good fan (perhaps not as good as moi
wink.gif
) and I respect his opinion as a fan. Different strokes for different folks.

(Old Foggy don't you dare leave us again!
smile.gif
)

Hence the age old question:

If you leave and nobody notices, did you really leave?

LOL,LOL, Belly. That's choice.
Old Foggy-glad this post got the juices flowing, but everyone's missing the point so I'll try 'more eloquently' in a new thread.
Gnats-I think you got it. The GT boards are great & very fun to read each day. We're all Tech fans, hoping for the BEST for GT. This was a VERY trying year for us all & just because we have some fans who 'head south' quicker than others, it doesn't mean we have bad boards or bad posters or bad coaches or bad anything. They're just voicing their opinions. GT fans are so 'touchy' right now, unfortunately, that anything said brings barbs from someone. It doesn't mean our internet boards need to be CLEANSED or anything like that.
We all want the same things, folks, from the same people, at the same place, for the same reasons. I care about you all, even the ones 'headed south' quicker than others.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I left one time and nobody even noticed.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We just thought you were up to some kind of experiment with mice and cotton.
wink.gif
Ha Ha I'm still not believing that comment. Good Heavens. No offense to the poster you were talking to. That really was funny.

If you were not here, you'd be missed regardless if someone posted so or not.

Originally posted by mustard:
Hey Belly, when you left, where did you go?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I had to go to Get Your Nose Back In Joint, Dummy school, but I think they let me out too quick. I've been pissy with both Big Buck and bdghost, when actually I enjoy the vast majority of their posts. I'm sorry for being a jerk, you two. As for you Beeware you can still kiss my aspidistra.

Belly, everything is cool. This has been a bad year all around and many of us say how they feel but if they thought how it would sound to others
they would say things differently. I think we have a fine group of Tech nuts that want the same thing, and that is that our team excel. Things are fine here and if I have been personal with you or if it came across that way I apologize to you. I am trying to stay positive especially after
Chan has made changes in his staff that this thing just may work out fine.

Originally posted by gnats 67:
Give me back my reply button!

We've all got our opinions and we do pretty well expressing them considering this is an imb for crying out loud.

My Dad comes to mind. He's a bona fide sports fan and offers good critical analysis but I've always thought he was prone to the "dark side." He always starts grousing before I do and if things are going South he wants to beat the traffic and yet I still believe he's a good fan (perhaps not as good as moi
wink.gif
) and I respect his opinion as a fan. Different strokes for different folks.

(Old Foggy don't you dare leave us again!
smile.gif
)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gnats, your Pappy is a very wise man.
pappy.jpg
grin.gif

Personally I think we've analyzed last season enough already. It is a new year and we've got lots of changes and possibilities ahead in the coming season. Let's try to concentrate of the good that could happen this year since last year is over and done with.

I'm the first one to say that I was extremely disappointed with the performance last year but we can't go back and change what has already happened. I'm excited about the new changes coming into to play with a possibe new QB, Hollings back, good redshirts & freshman getting into the mix, and I'm actually curious to see how the new OC scenario works (personally have my doubts but it seems to work in other places).

Let's start moving forward.

GTAce. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. The hive has different rules that StingTalk also. If you don't like what they are doing over there then hit the road from over there. They're doing what they feel best for GT.

I would emagine StingTalk has to get some things done as well from time to time. They just might use a different means of getting it accomplished.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Although I said that I would not post again on this board because of all the negatives
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are you french? I cant tell because of all the dust your retreat is generating. You guys that are imtimidated by negative posters are an interesting lot. Are you this timid at the games? I would wager that alot of you guys that are all "offended" with the negative posts, are the same guys that were booing at BDS@HGF this year.

No, when I sat in the heat and heard all the booing especially at the BYU game I was discussed at the booing and there was a guy behind me who booed every time CJ came into the game. I would and will never boo a Techman who puts on the gold and white and puts his heart into playing at the flats. Possibly it was you DJ who did the booing. I stated I was quiting ST because of all the negatives posted. I do not and will not retreat from negative posts however, I feel when one reads hundred of time about the same subject then thats enough. I also feel that constructive critism (sp) is fine but when you drive it home almost a 1000 times like some posters here then you do tend to get their message.

Back