What is your score?

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
I've come up with a system to determine the biggest Tech fan. Sum up the points and post your score.

+4 points if you have a BS from Tech
+2 points if you have a MS from Tech
+2 points if you have a PhD from Tech
+5 points if you played a varsity sport at Tech (non-football)
+10 points if you played football for Tech
+1 point for every son or daughter you have that is an alum of Tech or is attending now
+0.5 points for every grandson or granddaughter you have that is an alum of Tech or is attending now
-1 point for every son or daughter you have that is an alum of UGAg or is attending now
-0.5 points for every grandson or granddaughter you have that is an alum of UGAg or is attending now
+2 points if you are the only Tech fan in a family of mutt fans
+1 points if your wife or husband attended Tech (add an extra 5 if they went to UGAg and now root for Tech)
+2 points if you were in the Tech band
+1 point if you were in swarm

+1 point for every season you've had season tickets
+1 point for every season you had season tickets and lived out of the state

+0.5 points for every regular season away game you've attended (add an extra 0.5 points if you had to fly to get there)
+5 points if you attended the Citrus Bowl in 1990.
+3 points if you attended a Tech game while Bobby Dodd was the head coach.
+5 points if you attended a Tech game while Alexander was the coach
+10 points if you attended a Tech game while Heisman was the coach
+5 points if you attended all home games during the 1994 season
+2 points if you attended the "seat cushion game"
+4 points if you attended the 1984 Tech/UGAg game
+7 points if you attended a rose/sugar/orange/cotton bowl that Tech played in
+1 point if you attended the ACC championship game in 2006
+5 points if you attended the 1990 UVA/GT game
+1 point for every GT/UGAg game you attended where GT won
+2 points if you attended the 2008 GT/UGAg game
+1 point for every significant event you missed to attend a GT game
-5 points if you've ever switched allegiance to/from Tech (-10 if it was from/to UGA)
+0.5 points for every spring game you've attended
+0.5 points for every bowl game you've attended

+1 point if you've shaken Paul Johnson's hand
+0.5 points if you've shaken Chan Gailey's hand
+2 points if you've shaken George O'Leary's hand
+4 points if you've shaken Bobby Ross' hand
+6 points if you've shaken Bobby Dodd's hand
-1 point if you've shaken Bill *****'s hand

Last edited:
This is lame, and you need to find a hobby. Also, it has been my experience that farther along a student is on the grad school track, the less they care about GT sports and GT football.

This is lame, and you need to find a hobby. Also, it has been my experience that farther along a student is on the grad school track, the less they care about GT sports and GT football.
This took 5 minutes.

You need to calculate your score.

I think it's a neat idea actually, but too cumbersome right now.

Kyle you should go write up page you can visit and just answer questions and it does all the calculations for you. Could be a fun distraction for the coming months of lull in Tech sports.

Nice, maybe add something about donating to something non-athletic. It's easy to give money when you get tickets, but giving for the love of Tech's academics is a whole new level.

I think it's a neat idea actually, but too cumbersome right now.

Kyle you should go write up page you can visit and just answer questions and it does all the calculations for you. Could be a fun distraction for the coming months of lull in Tech sports.

Or set up a public spreadsheet on Google Docs with the ability to edit but not save.

There's some real random crap in their Kyle. 5 points for attending every home game in 1994?

I like how you can only get points for attending Tech if you got your B.S. at Tech. Even if you spend 10 years at Tech in the M.S., PhD, and post-doc programs, you get 0 points because you didn't do GT undergrad. Nice.

Also, "+2 points if your wife or husband attended Tech" shouldn't count more than a BS. That's, well, BS.

I like how you can only get points for attending Tech if you got your B.S. at Tech. Even if you spend 10 years at Tech in the M.S., PhD, and post-doc programs, you get 0 points because you didn't do GT undergrad. Nice.

Fine, I'll change it back. I switched it because of Allen's bitching.

There's some real random crap in their Kyle. 5 points for attending every home game in 1994?

we won one game that year... so i think five points is in order for anyone who endured the brutality of that entire season in the stands... at least they would have had room to spread out and probably some pretty nice seats to watch B.LEWthIS lead us to slaughter

It was a 1-10 season!

If you could suffer through that season, then you deserve an extra ten points.

I got a 16 based on whatever rules were effective at the time of this post, and was probably one game off from making 26, based on the 1994 season. (my freshman year at tech)

90.5 points. (actually maybe higher for every game)

But you need to add the following:

100 points if you bought bowl tickets to the bowls west of the Mississippi.

1 point for each mile over 100 that you travel to get to the games.

Then I'd be winning with 860.50 points.

I've shaken the following coach's hands:

Dodd (in his office, the old small bldg)
Carson
Rodgers
Curry
Ross
O'Leary
Johnson

Interesting in who I didn't shake actually. Hmmm.

suggestion... i think there should be some measurement of attending games not based on buying season tix.

Back