What the Denver Broncos Proved

3GT

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, the Broncos PROVED that an Option-based offense works in the NFL.

Many defenses struggled to defend it.

Last night's OT play left no doubts.

Steelers loaded 11 in the box to defend against a multi-option run threat,
and got torched with the pass.

Reminded me of the GT-UNC game when TW faked the option to the right,
and hit Hill going deep with nobody within within 20 yards.

I don't know if it has staying power, but John Fox should win coach of the year honors and is literally a pioneer in the NFL now.

Should only get better as they work on it in the offseason.

From here on out, Denver only drafts athletes from GT, Navy, and GS.

They proved that it works against a team missing two defensive linemen and their starting safety who should have been over the top on the final play. It wasn't the same Steelers team that was the number 1 defense. It didn't work against several teams this year and much like the wildcat, defensive coaches in the NFL catch on. It only put up 23 points in regulation and that won't win a lot of games.

In the GT-UNC game, the same thing happened, the safety bit. Yes, that is by scheme, but good ones don't.

They proved that it works against a team missing two defensive linemen and their starting safety who should have been over the top on the final play. It wasn't the same Steelers team that was the number 1 defense. It didn't work against several teams this year and much like the wildcat, defensive coaches in the NFL catch on. It only put up 23 points in regulation and that won't win a lot of games.

In the GT-UNC game, the same thing happened, the safety bit. Yes, that is by scheme, but good ones don't.

This.

Denver made some great plays, but the Steelers were down their leading tackler and by halftime down 2 of their 3 starting DL. Not sure it makes the difference in the game, but that was not the leagues #1 defense out there. Heck, the Steelers offense was just as decimated being down their starting RB, LT and a QB at 75%. Great win for the Broncos, but they did not beat an elite team.

I don't think it's about an option offense working, but I think they showed you can win games with a non-conventional offense. Maybe it will work long term, maybe it won't, but I like it if it can get a little bit of offensive variety in the NFL.

The TO won't be quickly adopted, but the NFL is going to see more utilization of the spread option moving forward.

The TO won't be quickly adopted, but the NFL is going to see more utilization of the spread option moving forward.
This. Carolina has some in their playbook and several other teams have variations. I think what it does is give a bigger, combo QB a shot at the NFL and makes the guys who can throw, like Newton who can also run that much more valuable.

John Fox needs a raise. Carolina sucks. He had no players whatsoever. I am glad he's getting a second chance.

They proved it works even without their best wr and 10,000 bad calls by the refs... No excuses.. THEY LOST

Heard a rumor that John Fox called up Mike Smith to see if Mike could setup a meeting between Fox and CPJ.

Heard another rumor that John Elway was talking to Dwyer on the bench after the game.

TIC, obviously.

They proved it works even without their best wr and 10,000 bad calls by the refs... No excuses.. THEY LOST

The question was whether this proved that the option will works in the NFL. The Steelers lost for a variety of reason and injuries were a big part of it. And Decker is their third best receiver behind Thomas and Royal. A team that barely made it to 8-8 in the regular season has not proven a thing.

The question was whether this proved that the option will works in the NFL. The Steelers lost for a variety of reason and injuries were a big part of it. And Decker is their third best receiver behind Thomas and Royal. A team that barely made it to 8-8 in the regular season has not proven a thing.

He's #1 by all accounts jack wad.. I don't usually use names but I'm drunk

This.

Denver made some great plays, but the Steelers were down their leading tackler and by halftime down 2 of their 3 starting DL. Not sure it makes the difference in the game, but that was not the leagues #1 defense out there. Heck, the Steelers offense was just as decimated being down their starting RB, LT and a QB at 75%. Great win for the Broncos, but they did not beat an elite team.

lol u mad?

Back