What the Denver Broncos Proved

He's #1 by all accounts jack wad.. I don't usually use names but I'm drunk

Look dumbass. Both Thomas and Royal missed time. They are both better all around receivers. They obviously didn't miss Decker because the last month of the season, Thomas was by far their #1.

all excuses.

They are. Bill Parcells said before the season even started that the Steelers are getting long in the tooth and that shows up late in the season as injuries. So in a way, even those were the fault of the front office of the organization. Ryan Clark, on the other hand, is just a fluke. It might kill him to play in Denver.

Thanks Mr. Norwood.

ok fine...how about this...

Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers have also proven that an option-based offense works. Seeing as how they were putting up obscene numbers on offense in a lot of games.

I don't think it's about an option offense working, but I think they showed you can win games with a non-conventional offense. Maybe it will work long term, maybe it won't, but I like it if it can get a little bit of offensive variety in the NFL.

This.

If anyone's proved that option offenses work in the NFL, it's Carolina.

Heard a rumor that John Fox called up Mike Smith to see if Mike could setup a meeting between Fox and CPJ.

Heard another rumor that John Elway was talking to Dwyer on the bench after the game.

TIC, obviously.

I got your white text, but I will note that apparently there's been a lot of discussion on the Carolina forums about trying to make a run at CPJ for their offensive coordinator. 0.0% chance of this actually happening, but it does show a change in mindset among pro fans.

What they proved is that we can have good times if we get a QB that can even be an intermittently accurate passer.

Analysts are starting to mention how open receivers end up being with all the one-on-ones they get because of the pressure from the run.

Well duh, that's what we have been trying to get set up for 4 years.

I don't care what it proves in the NFL. It ought to work in a crap league like the ACC.

This. Carolina has some in their playbook and several other teams have variations. I think what it does is give a bigger, combo QB a shot at the NFL and makes the guys who can throw, like Newton who can also run that much more valuable.

Exactly.

Those using the Wildcat analogy are missing the point. The threat of run from the option to spread the defense combined with the threat of pass on the same play is the magic ingredient.

It was relatively easy, although it took many weeks, for defenses to " catch up " to the Wildcat. They just had to sell out on the pass threat. If you can make the defense pay for that in a big way then they cannot effectively and consistently stop it.

The excuses are silly and none of those making them were bringing that up prior to the game when predictions were for a Steelers blowout. There was no talk of fear of an upset because of injuries, just how much better the Steelers were than the Bills or Chiefs on defense, even with injuries.

They proved they can lead the NFL in rushing but nothing beyond that as far as scheme.

Tebow did show he can win games at this level. I want to see what he can do after an off-season as a starter with coaching staff focus on him.

They proved they can lead the NFL in rushing but nothing beyond that as far as scheme.

Tebow did show he can win games at this level. I want to see what he can do after an off-season as a starter with coaching staff focus on him.

If they decide to keep him, which I hope they do.

I got your white text, but I will note that apparently there's been a lot of discussion on the Carolina forums about trying to make a run at CPJ for their offensive coordinator. 0.0% chance of this actually happening, but it does show a change in mindset among pro fans.

Is this TIC too? :squint:

This.

If anyone's proved that option offenses work in the NFL, it's Carolina.

Carolina huh? Their offense is basically the same as what Philly was running with Randall Cunningham back in the late 80's.

Carolina huh? Their offense is basically the same as what Philly was running with Randall Cunningham back in the late 80's.

Cam Newton is running the same offense....only he can pass the ball alot better

If they decide to keep him, which I hope they do.

It might be better for him somewhere else.

Denver front office just seemed to be looking for an excuse to demote or get rid of him. He might be better somewhere that was not waiting for him to fail.

Back