What year will we make the CFP?

If we have an average to above average defense we can certainly be in the discussion but at minimum we'd have to either make an appearance and/or win the ACCC AND be ranked in the top 15. What that will take (record wise) is anyone's guess but we could only have 1 loss at most in the conference.

It's fairly obvious based on the last 2 games that we're going to start beating the dwags on a somewhat regular basis. Just need 1 or 2 more solid recruiting classes as our coaching is superior to theirs. That win will be a huge boost to our resume.

CFP? 4 years minimum. ACC Championship game? 3. Hmmm... cornflakes.

2024. This is happening.
fark_nWTuHa_-qEqRXP1Np-R30ZvEN4M (1).gif

12 team playoff. I remember how quickly Ross turned it around. I can see it happening before King leaves.
And then we will be mentioned to be in the SEC or BIG10 and we will tell them to öööö off

And then we will be mentioned to be in the SEC or BIG10 and we will tell them to öööö off
Nooooooooooooooo. We shall not tell them to have a solo conjugal visitation with their own self.

We shall invite them to join us.

Win the ACC and we’re in. I’m not convinced that FSU’s success is sustainable without Jordan Travis, and Clemson is not the same, so the stars could very well align for us next year if we can piece together a competitive defense.

Side note- it’s a damn shame that we didn’t have a 12 team playoff in 2014. With how we were playing at the end of the season, I think we would’ve had a legit shot to win it all.

I really see no viable reason(s) we cannot make it next year. Our schedule isn't all too daunting & our offense should continue to roll along and be even better with a year under their belts in Buster's offense.

Defense is a concern, but in the day of offense on college football, you can leak some points and still win. Just got to be able to score offensively when needed. We have that capability as long as King protects the ball and limits to boneheaded INTs forcing throws.

Our 3 toughest games will be FSU game 1, then ND mid season, then Ugag to finish out the year. No Clemson this year. If we can win 1 or 2 of those 3, I firmly believe we could and should win most of the rest of our games and get in.

I really see no viable reason(s) we cannot make it next year. Our schedule isn't all too daunting & our offense should continue to roll along and be even better with a year under their belts in Buster's offense.

Defense is a concern, but in the day of offense on college football, you can leak some points and still win. Just got to be able to score offensively when needed. We have that capability as long as King protects the ball and limits to boneheaded INTs forcing throws.

Our 3 toughest games will be FSU game 1, then ND mid season, then Ugag to finish out the year. No Clemson this year. If we can win 1 or 2 of those 3, I firmly believe we could and should win most of the rest of our games and get in.
The schedule in 2024 is harder than the ACC’s toughest schedule (GT) in 2023.

Teams dropping from the 2023 schedule in 2024:
Clemson (8-4) - L
Wake (4-8) - W
Boston College (6-6) - L
UVA (3-9) - W
Ole Miss - P4 OOC game. (10-2) - L

Teams added on the 2024 schedule:
FSU (13-0)
NCSU (9-3)
VT (6-6)
Duke (7-5)
ND - P4 OOC games replacing Ole Miss. (9-3)

ACC teams + uga from the 2023 schedule on the 2024 schedule:
Louisville (10-3) - L
UNC (8-4) - W
Miami (7-5) - W
Syracuse (6-6) - W
uga (12-1)

GT is dropping 3 of the bottom 5 teams in 2023 (Wake, UVA, BC) and getting NCSU, Duke, and VT instead. Swapping Ole Miss and ND is pretty much an even swap. Add in swapping Clemson with FSU. Another even swap.

In the easy OOC category swapping Georgia State (6-6) with BGSU (7-5) is also a wash with the caveat that it will be Georgia State’s Super Bowl. FCS swap out (South Carolina State with VMI) is the same.

So on paper, GT’s schedule is harder in 2024 vs 2023.

Back