What's with this proposal from the AT group?

Re: What\'s with this proposal from the AT group?

Excuse me, but why am I not a silver, gold or platinum member????

You've got to be kidding me! Geez. :-)

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> C'mon guys. The thing everyone seems to be missing is there is NO problem with current ticket holders.
Even A-T says we're currently executing 3 per A-T season ticket holder. Is there a problem with presenting a grandfather clause????
Hey, even I'd benefit slightly if the rule was enforced, but GT would be penalized. This rule, if enforced will not help us at all. Again, no current problem ... if concerned about a future problem with an additional 10K seats, then enforce the rule with new buyers. Geez.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Aaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbb-so-lute-lyyyyyyyy!!!!!

It's ok to stick it a little bit to the newcomers, but NOT SO YOU'S COULD NOTICE!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm really getting tired of people sticking their head in the door every now and again. SHEESH!

wink.gif

Either you're with us or against us!! Get with the program.
grin.gif
wink.gif

it's like the time a young man came to me with a request that he be given a an X-Large T-shirt in PE because some of his larger friends were wearing them and he wanted to stick out.

I told him, "Jimmy, I think that's nice! I really do!" ............

you know the rest of the story!
smile.gif

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
it's like the time a young man came to me with a request that he be given a an X-Large T-shirt in PE because some of his larger friends were wearing them and he wanted to stick out.

I told him, "Jimmy, I think that's nice! I really do!" ............

you know the rest of the story!
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We know who "stick(s) out". It's just a matter of when they do.
wink.gif
I'm not speaking of me obviously.
wink.gif
There are "others". We'll just leave it at that.
blue.gif
GO JACKETS!

HUH? Am I missing something GTT? What are you talking about?

Does anybody realize how 300 points ranks someone? I believe out of some 20,000+ season ticket/A-T contributors, it would be something like the top 750. Anyone who ranks in the top 2000 should be able to sit wherever they please, and buy more than 4 seats if desired. The AA will have a hard time explaining to me, why with a rank in the top 2000, I couldn't sit just about anywhere in the uppereast I chose to. The total combined seating between the 40's is way more than 2000. THWG

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Well...as someone who cannot get even a single
seat at my donation level for the past three
years I have no problem with them enforcing the
documented limits.

If they hadn't oversold those seats to people
above me, I wouldn't be sitting in sub $250 seats
despite an annual $500 donation.

Does your "party of 9" ride the coat tails of one
donor? There are other donors who have been
purchasing the right to those tickets and
its about time they were made available!

Ideally...they'd allow for 6 tickets to be purchased
and would lower the cutoff from 300 points to
something more reasonable.

Still...It annoys me that people are getting upset
over this when many of us have been victims of the
overselling for years.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry guys, I'm with CrackerJacket on this one. Too many folks are packaging their tickets, one guy with a high point total is letting 8 or more others cut in line, first come first served seems to apply in this case. If you want to sit together go back in line.

Originally posted by AFRJacket:
HUH? Am I missing something GTT? What are you talking about?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
wink.gif
wink.gif
blue.gif

"Thanks" chico, your are right about points vs. ranking, but my point is the same. If someone's rank is in the top 2000, then considering how many seats are between the 40's, they should be able to sit in prime seats. THWG

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
[QB]Casbah...
I graduated from Tech in '94 and only as recently
as '99 became financially solvent enough to begin
donating and purchasing tickets.

]
CrackerJacket... This is what I mean... you graduated in '94... my family has been donating and buying tickets since before you were born (1958 to be exact) We didn't get the 'good' seats for many years... This doesn't mean that I doubt your devotion to TECH as a fan and an alumni but what ever happened to waiting your turn??? Talk to me in thirty years if you've not been able to get proper seats in your donation level then you may have a gripe but I don't see how you can really assume that with less than a decade of total opportunities to gain points you should expect to be moved 'to the front of the line'...
All good things come with patience... and donations, and donations, and donations, and donations, ad infinitum...

Back