"When CPJ says go, you go!"

gtcu17

Dodd-Like
Found a video from the start of the Jacksonville State game. The Ramblin Wreck was waiting to go out, then CPJ comes up to the window and shouts at the driver,

"Were going. Whether you're going or not, we're going, lets go!"

Apparently, CPJ is not just the coach of the team, he decides when the Wreck rolls out, he decides when we begin, he is the boss haha.

heres the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lniEKAACr6Y

you gotta watch til the end when a lady from the GTAA or Ramblin' Wreck club tries to chew him out for going early then he pulls the "Paul Johnson told me to" card and shes like "oh okay, you're fine" haha

I wonder why CPJ was so impatient.

Because the other team was already out, the fans had already waited 8 months for this, and he wasn't going to let the TV cameras, "countdown clock", or the GTAA stand in his way of giving people what they want... Georgia Institute of Technology football!!!

haha

That has to be exhilarating to drive the wreck onto the field. Damn. I had goosebumps watching that. I am super pissed that I won't be able to go to any games this year after going to all the games last year.

He is probably tired of bending his schedule around everyone else. They should bend their to meet his.

He is probably tired of bending his schedule around everyone else. They should bend their to meet his.

If I recall correctly, it seemed like we were waiting forever for GT to come onto the field.

Georgia Tech didn't hire Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson hired Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech didn't hire Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson hired Georgia Tech.

In his initial press conference I believe he mentioned how great of a fit Tech is for him.

He tried us on like a shirt and said, "I like this, I think I'll keep it."

The driver is probably running laps around the practice field as we speak for punishment. :D We'll see if he keeps his job or is replaced by the back-up driver.:laugher:

I'm pretty sure the Wreck driver was just stunned by SEC speed.

If I recall correctly, it seemed like we were waiting forever for GT to come onto the field.
great video until the end when you here their suck a$$ band play that god d@mn espn crap.:lol2:

great video until the end when you here their suck a$$ band play that god d@mn espn crap.:lol2:

+ infinity. I thought that was an awesome song when my high school band played it. THEN they played it during the Budweiser song! :mad:

Jacksonville State 1st Half Rideout Video

wreck3_tiny.jpg
by Winfield Featherston on Sep 9, 2009 7:00 AM EDT
comment.v1599.png
5 comments
Well, here it is everybody. My very first ride out in the Ramblin' Reck from Georgia Tech for 2009. Before you watch, let me tell you what to look for because it is quite entertaining.
1. Who is that first voice you hear telling me to get moving? It's Paul Johnson himself telling me to go! TV/ESPN360 or whatever was behind and we were not supposed to take off until about 2:45 until kickoff instead of 3:00 minutes before kickoff.
2. The Reck drives slow in this video, because well, no one know we were leaving so I couldn't run over the cheerleaders!
3. Listen to the lady at the end telling me that I was not supposed to go yet (original quote: "You do NOT go until Todd tells you to go!").On the contrary, when Paul Johnson tells you to go, you go!

3895082400_843449cabd.jpg

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2009/9/9/1022009/jacksonville-state-1st-half

Back