Where were you on this date in 2014

We win those games, and I have no doubt we beat F$U in the ACC title game. An even average defense and we were a playoff team with, at minimum, a puncher's chance of going the distance.
We were very unlucky - that was literally the only game that whole year where Famous Winston didn't make at least one boneheaded mistake. It was hands down the best game he played all year. One stupid gift from him is all that would've been necessary to change the outcome of that game.

We win those games, and I have no doubt we beat F$U in the ACC title game. An even average defense and we were a playoff team with, at minimum, a puncher's chance of going the distance.

I'm not inclined to think beating Duke/UNC would have meant a win over Free Shoes U. We still had a chance to pull that one. Besides, we had already won our share of close calls that year.
I remember Butker's kicking at Blacksburg, watching at a buddy's house in Savannah and I turned to him and said, "Get ready. This is going to be a special year. There's just something about this team. This year is going to be special."

I was on a plane heading to LA and could only see the score on the ESPN ticker. "Ah, this game is over". Stupid me. I hadn't quite learned to never get too complacent no matter the opponent.

Upon arrival and turning on my cell phone, I started receiving messages from family and friends saying stuff like, "I can't believe this öööö" and "öööö this ööööing öööö of a game", etc.

Spent the whole ride up the 405 reading stingtalk and keeping an eye on gamecast trying to not öööö my pants. They finally won the game upon arrival to my actual destination. Lucky for me, my tighty whities stayed nice and clean (relatively speaking).

I was deployed to Camp Lemonnier Djibouti. Although I was back for the Virginia game that year! One of the best years outside of 1990. My son who is a current Sophmore on the flats was influenced so much by 2014 and 2016 football seasons! Go Jackets!

Back