Whining in Durham

NC Buzzhawk

Dodd-Like
http://www.heraldsun.com/news/showcase/x761900559/Notebook-Cutcliffe-pitches-Devils-for-top-25

Despite losing three of its final four games, the Duke football team deserves to be ranked in the top 25, coach David Cutcliffe said following his team’s 36-31 Sun Bowl loss to No. 15 Arizona State (10-3) Saturday.

“This team will get my vote in the top 25, and it’s been well earned,” Cutcliffe said

These guys are good enough to have been ranked higher than they were all year. We had one really bad football game out of 12 regular season games.

They should just be happy they beat a great team like Georgia Tech. It will probably not happen again for another 20 years.

We had one really bad football game out of 12 regular season games.

We feel the same way.

Duke's non-ACC Coastal schedule:

Elon
Troy
Kansas
Tulane
Wake Forest
Syracuse

Half of FBS would go 6-0 vs that schedule. Credit where credit is due, they were a pretty good team, but I don't think one of the best 25.

A solid, above average FBS team, not Top 25. My biggest frustration of the season was how we played against them and the breaks that went against us (storm, ejections, freak interceptions).

They went 9-4 against what might be the softest schedule in the history of Power conference schedules (seriously, it would be worth researching). You give us that schedule next season and we're probably 11-1 or 12-0 heading into the ACCCG.

This is why I'm glad Duke didn't win. öööö cutcliffe. Where's nawaab? I wanna yell at him.

Crowder was probably the best player I've ever seen at Duke (that I can recall).

Now he's gone.

They will take a step back next season.

Driscoll was absolutely inept at UF. All were glad to see him go. I work in Gainesville, FL. He won't do anything at Dook.

You give us that schedule next season and we're probably 11-1 or 12-0 heading into the ACCCG.

How do you figure? We won our 4 nonconference games just like they did and won our atlantic division games just like they did. The difference in ours and their schedules didn't make any difference in our final record. We went 10-2 with two losses in the division which is the only common part of the two schedules. I hate Duke just as much as the next guy but lets at least make points that make sense.

Nevermind, just re-read your post and saw that you said next year. Sorry, reading comprehension fail.

Driscoll was absolutely inept at UF. All were glad to see him go. I work in Gainesville, FL. He won't do anything at Dook.

The entire UF offense has sucked, and for years. I doubt any QB would have looked good in that team.

He was obviously highly recruited out of HS, and is gonna look a lot better under Cutcliffe.

Last edited:
öööö dook. Seriously, just öööö them, now and forever. :furious:

The entire UF offense has sucked, and for years. I Doug any QB would have looked good in that team.

He was obviously highly recruited out of HS, nad is gonna look a lot better under Cutcliffe.

Yea. Murphy and Brisset had really good years after leaving the mess in Florida. Wouldn't be surprised if Driskell has a good year somewhere.

Miller would scare me more at Duke, I think he'll have better options though -- unless he really wants to play for Cut because of his rep with QBs

Bring any qb they want to! Their entire wr corp is gone as well as their O line. They will be lucky to be 4-8. And by the way their schedule was as week as VT 's was in last two years.

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Duke...off-in-Feb-spring-game-up-in-the-air-34184510

Apparently both Jeff Driskel (UF) and Braxton Miller (Ohio State) expressed interest in transferring to Duke, and will be eligible next season.

I don't get any of that. Driskell may still make sense due to the coaching situation there, but Miller? And maybe Vad Lee goes to Duke next year as well.

That back up to Miller played very well until he got hurt..he may be concerned about playing time when both are healthy next year

Never thought id see the day where ppl hate Duke football more than Duke basketball. Not sure if that shows how far Duke fball has come or the demise and disinterest of college basketball.

Never thought id see the day where ppl hate Duke football more than Duke basketball. Not sure if that shows how far Duke fball has come or the demise and disinterest of college basketball.

Ask again in three months

Duke's only quality win came against us in our worst game of the season. The difference between winning and whining is just one letter and a mountain of excuses.

Back