Whining in Durham

Duke's only quality win came against us in our worst game of the season. The difference between winning and whining is just one letter and a mountain of excuses.

Yeah, but they had a few "quality losses". :-) (Was it Holtz that joked that FSU needed some "quality losses" to jump over other the three teams with a loss?)

Seriously, I don't think Cutcliffe is necessarily wrong based on the bowl game. Duke was equal to the #15 team. But wins matter and they didn't get it done this year in enough games.

I shudder to think how much differently our season would have been without a handful of critical plays at the right times. That is probably true for every top ten team and there are probably thirty teams outside the top ten who have the opposite story.

The entire UF offense has sucked, and for years. I doubt any QB would have looked good in that team.

He was obviously highly recruited out of HS, and is gonna look a lot better under Cutcliffe.

Disagree. The freshman backup at UF came in and played much better than Driskoll. Then he got accused of sexual assault after the UGAy game (typical SEC and F$U fare). But he was a significant improvement over Driscoll. Driscoll is leaving UF because he knows he will never play another down there again even if he remained on the team.

Never thought id see the day where ppl hate Duke football more than Duke basketball. Not sure if that shows how far Duke fball has come or the demise and disinterest of college basketball.

I hate them in both, if that helps... :biggrin:

Driscoll was absolutely inept at UF. All were glad to see him go. I work in Gainesville, FL. He won't do anything at Dook.

Kid has a big arm. I'd like to see what he does with some good offensive coaching. Look at how good Brissett and Murphy were when they finally left Gainesville.

truth be told I agree with cutcliffe on this, but mostly because I think the Pac XII and Big XII were vastly overrated this season thanks to playing 9 conference games.

Duke was -2 in turnover margin and lost by 5 to Arizona State basically on the road. Apparently the 15th best team in the country.

I agree that an almost comical cataclysm of cosmic coincidences caused our collapse, but alliteration aside, Duke proved to be pretty good this season. Either Duke is good, or Arizona State isn't.

Back