Whisenhunt and fan interest.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Maybe this didn’t need a thread but I’m too interested. In the AJC there is an article about Whisenhunt interviewing today.

Interesting: the AJC notes that there has been an uproar among tech fans by their disapproval. I’m just curious how we really know what the majority of the fan base thinks. What is relieving is that now Todd must know about the disapproval which begs the question what does an AD do when he knows the will of the fans?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/

I trust Todd personally. We will see

Last edited:
I don't even know how to spell his name apparently. Is it Whisenhunt or Wisenhunt? Can we just call him Coach W?

If Whiz is hired, so be it. He had better be able to recruit NFL caliber players if he wants to run an NFL style offense. I expect 6'4" 230 lb QB's. Big TE's. Big WR's and fast WR's. A powerful fullback to pave the way. I expect a team that can run shotgun AND go under center if needed. I hate exclusive pistol offenses. Just damn hire him already and lets move this along. If it is a miss, we will know by season 3 or 4. Just do it already. Get a staff in place. Hit the road recruiting

Count me in if he is hired

I would like to know more about why Whisenhunt is a bad hire. Try not to use "Gailey 2.0" and "NFL success doesnt always translate well to college." in your analysis and convince me why Whisenhunt sucks.
I think the issue is that we have no reason to believe that Whisenhunt would be a good hire. His head coaching record is 48-71, he only has 2 winning seasons out of 8, his college coaching experience consists of 2 seasons as a tight end coach over 20 years ago for a team that went 4-18, he isn't known for being innovative or doing anything particularly different from anyone else, and most importantly, there are multiple options out there that seem a lot more exciting than he does.

If Whiz is hired, so be it. He had better be able to recruit NFL caliber players if he wants to run an NFL style offense. I expect 6'4" 230 lb QB's. Big TE's. Big WR's and fast WR's. A powerful fullback to pave the way. I expect a team that can run shotgun AND go under center if needed. I hate exclusive pistol offenses. Just damn hire him already and lets move this along. If it is a miss, we will know by season 3 or 4. Just do it already. Get a staff in place. Hit the road recruiting

wtf is a TE?

I would like to know more about why Whisenhunt is a bad hire. Try not to use "Gailey 2.0" and "NFL success doesnt always translate well to college." in your analysis and convince me why Whisenhunt sucks.

NFL success hardly ever translates well to college. Even Pete Carroll had a decade of college experience before he went to the pros.

IMO, Gailey 2.0 would be fortunate. I am thinking Lovie Smith 2.0

Because he hasn't won anything without a Hall of Fame QB. He has had two Heisman winning QBs that he did not developed, one of which was very vocal about he disapproval of said coach. He has had entire teams quit on him. He has a losing record as a head coach (and it looks even worse if you remove the Kurt Warner years). He has never coached in college. Do I need to keep going?

He isn't very exciting as a hire. And his lack of experience in college and recruiting doesn't give me warm and fuzzies. He's an unknown.

And it's not just Gailey. There's a parade of bad NFL retreads slumming it down in the college ranks to point at - Weis, Gailey, Wannstadt (although I'd take his results here all day every day), Groh, Mike Sherman.

Lol, you're a rollercoaster. But I agree, just get it done if we're doing it.

Why aren’t we also interviewing Todd Haley and Norv Turner? The only idiotic criteria that separates these douchebags is KW played here.

source.gif

Why aren’t we also interviewing Todd Haley and Norv Turner? The only idiotic criteria that separates these douchebags is KW played here.

And we might. Just because he's getting interviewed today doesn't mean he got the job.

He isn't very exciting as a hire. And his lack of experience in college and recruiting doesn't give me warm and fuzzies. He's an unknown.

And it's not just Gailey. There's a parade of bad NFL retreads slumming it down in the college ranks to point at - Weis, Gailey, Wannstadt (although I'd take his results here all day every day), Groh, Mike Sherman.

You can do the same thing with NCAA coaches though. Most fail. How many young OCs that get a HC job succeed? Sure you might get Lincoln Riley, but the list of flameouts is long.

I'm down with whoever we hire and think with the right support structure anyone we hire can be successful. Get onboard you lil bitches.

Back