Who would do better at GT than Paul Johnson?

A list of names is meaningless. The next head coach will be Ted Roof if and when PJ is replaced. Whether that is a good or bad thing is the real debate.

Isn't that a very sad comment on the state of affairs?

I know of nobody that doesn't like Roof in the GT community. How that translates into him being a good HC is beyond me. How could self proclaimed educated people come to such a conclusion?

He may or may not be, no one knows.

Regardless, due to Academics we have no right to expect more than 2 or so wins per year (comparing our Academics with the teams we play) Therefore, CPJ is doing a great job.

So, we need to compromise our Academics (like we have done many times in the past when we added IM majors, as well as all the newer ones) It will help the Institute PR wise by recruiting a more diverse group and it will improve our Brand on gamedays.

If not, close the GTAA and play club/intramural sports.

GT, according to those in the know on these boards, is the toughest Academic school in the entire USA and every game we lose is due to Academics. The choice is very clear.

But given all the above, CPJ is doing a great job. And I don't see CTR being able to do one bit better - if at all.

He is obviously in it to eventually become a head coach. He is smart. He has been under the tutelage of some öööö good football coaches. He is from Florida and coached at UCF so he probably knows his way around that state well. I feel like we are going to eventually be kicking ourselves for not taking a shot at him when he is successful elsewhere.

I think George is intent on staying in the pros, apparently he was frantic when rumors came out that Bill O'Brien wanted him at Penn State and that he was considering it, because he wasn't and didn't want Belichick to think he was going behind his back.

CSB time:

My brother's old boss was dating George Godsey's brother...in any event she shared this story with him when he said he likes GT because his brother went there.

Belichick told Geroge, "I want you to see how important you are to this team." and shared the following e-mail chain with George: Bill Belichick sent an e-mail to Tom Brady telling him that George Godsey was the new QB coach of the Patriots. Tom Brady responded, "Who the fu&% is George Godsey?", Belichick replied, "Your new fu&*ing boss."

He is obviously in it to eventually become a head coach. He is smart. He has been under the tutelage of some öööö good football coaches. He is from Florida and coached at UCF so he probably knows his way around that state well. I feel like we are going to eventually be kicking ourselves for not taking a shot at him when he is successful elsewhere.

Should we be concerned about him bouncing between positions? He coached qb for a year at ucf, hb for 2 years at ucf and te for 2 years at New England. Wouldn't it mean better things if he were sticking to a particular position?

Here is what I think he should have done, but it is probably too late now....

- Change offense to be more like what Malzaun is running at AllBarn. This is close enough to an NFL offense and the HS players like it.
- Sold recruits on more passing and more shotgun-run offense, but with some of his basic principles that have won him lower level NC's
- Committed to teaching all types of blocking (and actually use these other types) to the OLinemen he is recruiting instead of the dive at their feet only practice.....
- Teach pass-blocking to our RB's also

Again, I'm only a novice, but this seems to be logical.....He needed to recruit better to have a chance.

Should we be concerned about him bouncing between positions? He coached qb for a year at ucf, hb for 2 years at ucf and te for 2 years at New England. Wouldn't it mean better things if he were sticking to a particular position?

Not really, he is gaining experience. Charlie Strong has coached both sides of the ball and is doing fine at Louisville. I like that he has been on excellent staffs.

If he wants to coach in the NFL, being a college head coach seems to be a good path, maybe even faster path if he does well enough.

FWIW here goes (thinking out of the box here):

Black guy who recruits well and can relate to recruits. We bitch so much around here about our recruiting limitations yet we do nothing to work around them. What do you think piques a recruits/parents interest in Georgia...old white guy who sits in their living rooms or young black guy who relates well. Vandy, Texas A&M, Stanford, Louisville, etc have all gone this route, and they have improved their recruiting. Of course, his football acumen must be high. I wonder if Denzel Washington wants to coach at Tech. He would instantly command respect from coaches, parents, and recruits and did a hell of job in Remember the Titans.

FWIW here goes (thinking out of the box here):

Black guy who recruits well and can relate to recruits. We bitch so much around here about our recruiting limitations yet we do nothing to work around them. What do you think piques a recruits/parents interest in Georgia...old white guy who sits in their living rooms or young black guy who relates well. Vandy, Texas A&M, Stanford, Louisville, etc have all gone this route, and they have improved their recruiting. Of course, his football acumen must be high. I wonder if Denzel Washington wants to coach at Tech. He would instantly command respect from coaches, parents, and recruits and did a hell of job in Remember the Titans.

Same reasoning why a lot of us on here wanted Charlie Strong when he was available. He is untouchable to GT now.

Not really, he is gaining experience. Charlie Strong has coached both sides of the ball and is doing fine at Louisville. I like that he has been on excellent staffs.

If he wants to coach in the NFL, being a college head coach seems to be a good path, maybe even faster path if he does well enough.

charlie also had a solid 7 years as UF's DC. Although, godsey is probably accruing contacts for possible assistants.

Our first poster could be "The Goose is Loose!"

What difference will it make?

Really? To BOR's argument...until the Institute makes concerted academic changes this is the best will can do REGARDLESS of the head coach.
If you want to change things yourself? Good luck without a pile of cash...besides...giving money or not giving money to the school directly will not change a thing...if you want to change things then you have to start at the top....meaning the Governor. The Governor appoints the individuals on the Board of Regents. (BTW most are not professional teachers or administrators they are pure political appointees)
So there is your target for petitions and donations…the current or future Governor.

Might as well just burn the stadium while we are at it.

Why? All he needed at MICH was a defense. His O was setting records at the winningest program in CFB history. He's also put life into the ARIZ program that has been DOA for years

He's at least a more sane option to be a candidate than the O'Leary/Ross/Fridge insanity mentioned above.

Why? All he needed at MICH was a defense. His O was setting records at the winningest program in CFB history. He's also put life into the ARIZ program that has been DOA for years

He's at least a more sane option to be a candidate than the O'Leary/Ross/Fridge insanity mentioned above.

Because we don't need any more probation, which is probably around the corner at some point for Arizona, since he is scum. Plus, he won a grand total of 40% of his games at the winningest program in college football history and was Ohio State's whipping boy.

Arizona won 7 this year and was 4-5 in the Pac 12. They did manage to beat Oregon but were trounced by Arizona State.

Steal Spurrier from SC. We wouldn't lose to Georgia anymore and our coach would be the most entertaining man in college football. He hates Georgia more than any human being in the world IMO.

Steal Spurrier from SC. We wouldn't lose to Georgia anymore and our coach would be the most entertaining man in college football. He hates Georgia more than any human being in the world IMO.

Because this is not a fantasy world. Spurrier is old and has it made at USuCk. They believe they are an elite school now.

Back