Why does our OL look like dogsh!t?

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
If Kennesaw didn't score any TD's or FG's we win with a shutout! I like playing the game of "if this didn't happen" to prove a point.
Not sure if it was directed at my comment or the one I was responding to that is quoted. I agree it's dumb to discount our big plays when we can cut out there's and the game is more of the blowout we should expect.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
We had 36 rushes for 158 yds. Smith and Gibbs had 55 yds on 2 runs. You strip those off and you got 103 yds on 34 carries. Our passing was better than I expected, but the rushing offense was fairly sorry. The OL blocking seems to be really out of whack. I just hope we were working on stuff today and it’s not indicative of our talent level because if it is we’re in for a really tough next 10 games.
Pearls before swine.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
So your measure is against a team that Dabo has been building for 13 years. His 3rd year Clemson had a *gasp* losing record. When DRad showed up at Clemson, he met with Dabo and asked what he needed and opened up spending to put Clemson on the national map. So basically, your measure is Clemson next week. Well guess what? We were getting manhandled by Clemson before Collins showed up.
Every freakin' post you make here is some kind of lame excuse. Does your boyfriend put up with your lame excuses in the bedroom? Because some of us are sick of them here.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Every freakin' post you make here is some kind of lame excuse. Does your boyfriend put up with your lame excuses in the bedroom? Because some of us are sick of them here.
Some of us who? You think all these folks are your buddies or something? I'm not making excuses. I'm tired of little whiney bitches like you proclaiming stupid ass öööö. You obviously either 1) didn't watch our OL during the game or 2) are one of those incessant crybabies that just lives to damn cry.

Our OL played a good game Saturday. They were not at all a problem. Giving up two 4th down TD's was a problem. Our OL wasn't.

Now go cry some more little bitch.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Some of us who? You think all these folks are your buddies or something? I'm not making excuses. I'm tired of little whiney bitches like you proclaiming stupid ass öööö. You obviously either 1) didn't watch our OL during the game or 2) are one of those incessant crybabies that just lives to damn cry.

Our OL played a good game Saturday. They were not at all a problem. Giving up two 4th down TD's was a problem. Our OL wasn't.

Now go cry some more little bitch.
Just answer the question - or better yet have your boyfriend post here and answer it for us.

JJacket

Just answer the question - or better yet have your boyfriend post here and answer it for us.
Oh don't start with your stupid "just answer the question" BS. I have been quite clear in this thread with what I feel about the performance of our offensive line. If you are too stupid to read and comprehend it, then I don't think playing 20 questions with you will help you fix your dumbassery

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Score today doesn't negate the fact that the running lanes were not created and Yates was scrambling for his life more often than not. This against a DL that averaged 250lbs. What is going on??
Our guys have been conditioned to go against 300+ pound guys who in theory are not as quick and agile as the 250 pound variety, or at least I hope this is the case.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
So your measure is against a team that Dabo has been building for 13 years. His 3rd year Clemson had a *gasp* losing record. When DRad showed up at Clemson, he met with Dabo and asked what he needed and opened up spending to put Clemson on the national map. So basically, your measure is Clemson next week. Well guess what? We were getting manhandled by Clemson before Collins showed up.
Why didn't DRad do that at Tech?

JJacket

Why didn't DRad do that at Tech?
Because we have fans that will brag about selling their tickets to opposing fans for $400 instead of going all in for the team, screw our opponent. DRad left because he knew he could be much more successful with a rabid, less fickle fanbase. Alabama lite. Not quite Alabama, but in the ballpark.

JJacket

The Hill and GTAA debt. GT on the low side of ACC school financial support for their programs. The Hill fought DRad on projects. Not that way at Clemson.
Dani asked for a whiffle ball field, and got it. Hell, had he asked DRad for a triple loop rollercoaster for the players, he would have gotten that

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Oh don't start with your stupid "just answer the question" BS. I have been quite clear in this thread with what I feel about the performance of our offensive line. If you are too stupid to read and comprehend it, then I don't think playing 20 questions with you will help you fix your dumbassery
Maybe your issue is with the dog öööö description and I agree that is too strong. They are improved. But they aren’t improved as much as a lot of us think they should be and in terms of physicality they seem to be getting evened or bettered by smaller players two games in.

JJacket

Maybe your issue is with the dog öööö description and I agree that is too strong. They are improved. But they aren’t improved as much as a lot of us think they should be and in terms of physicality they seem to be getting evened or bettered by smaller players two games in.
I didn't see them getting bettered much by KSU. Maybe I just watched a different game. Even on the TD pass to Mason, the play was a designed misdirection with our OL leaving the backside DE alone to pursue the misdirection and Mason basically just giving a quick run block before breaking out into the open for the easy TD.

Second TD on the replay shows us bringing the RB and TE out to block on the TD pass to Mcgowan

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I didn't see them getting bettered much by KSU. Maybe I just watched a different game. Even on the TD pass to Mason, the play was a designed misdirection with our OL leaving the backside DE alone to pursue the misdirection and Mason basically just giving a quick run block before breaking out into the open for the easy TD.

Second TD on the replay shows us bringing the RB and TE out to block on the TD pass to Mcgowan
So that’s the problem - inconsistency and too much of it. KSU and NIU should rarely be bettering them. These are the games where Gibbs should have a runway to the endzone and our QBs time to throw without scrambling.

JJacket

So that’s the problem - inconsistency and too much of it. KSU and NIU should rarely be bettering them. These are the games where Gibbs should have a runway to the endzone and our QBs time to throw without scrambling.
Both scrambles in the video were designed. In fact, on the subsequent Mcgowan TD, Yates recognized a blitz from the outside and had numbers. I realize you folks believe that every Gibbs play should result in long TD runs. He almost broke a couple however, I repeat, our OL was not a problem yesterday.