Why is being a GT fan so hard

Is being a GT fan difficult for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 57.7%

• Total voters
Absolutely it's been hard over the years -particularly for someone like me who was raised a Tech fan, graduated from UGA and endured the crap I had to put up with for remaining a Tech fan -although as I mentioned in another thread, Tech winning 4 out of 7 between 1984-1990 certainly helped to make things a little easier back then.

As I have gotten older, I'm 53 now, I still very much enjoy game day, the highs are still as high as they have ever been, but I tend to get over the lows a bit easier now -although I have my moments.

GT sidewalk fans are street-savvy and highly-intelligent. But yes, they are indeed masochistic.

Different strokes, I guess.

Eh. I just never identified with anything related to Athens or the dwags. Always found their fans annoying. My family didn't care about college football at all (even though my dad talked about watching the dwags win the Sugar on the hospital TV after I was born), so I picked Tech as early as I can remember and never looked back. I didn't go to any colleges with D1 football programs, so I didn't pick up any secondary allegiances, either.

Tech is like the World Cup. We show up big time once every 4 years or so.

1990 awesome!
1994 depressing!
1998 awesome!
2002 depressing!
2006 awesome (sorta)!
2010 depressing (sorta)
2014 awesome!
2018 depressing!

Come to think of it, we’re actually EXACTLY where we’re supposed to be.

Last edited:
I just love how each season going into the year the players brag about how much work they put in during the offseason and how close knit they are and how great the season is going to be. Every year, we pretty much know they are full of öööö.

I just love how each season going into the year the players brag about how much work they put in during the offseason and how close knit they are and how great the season is going to be. Every year, we pretty much know they are full of öööö.
That's not a GT problem though. I think every team in College Football thinks and says that.

Back